10 Things Justin Trudeau Has Done Horribly Wrong As Canada's Prime Minister
Add Reply
Hipster
2018-06-12 21:22:00 UTC
Trudeau may be super photogenic, but when it comes to being the leader of
the nation, he isn't always all that competent.

Sure, Trudeau may be great for Canada's international PR, it's just that
when it comes to things here at home the Prime Minister doesn't measure
up.
READ ALSO: Montreal Chosen As Top City To Build "Hyperloop" Train
Yes, Trudeau has done some pretty good things as Prime Minster. But he's
also done some things horribly wrong, and because we should always hold
our politicians accountable, here's a rundown of some of the worst things
Trudeau as done as Prime Minister.
1. Forgetting To Mention Alberta On Canada Day
Let’s start things off with a light (but still embarrassing) gaff by our
Prime Minister, when he forgot to mention Alberta during a Canada Day
speech. Everyone forgets about Alberta, but being the Prime Minister of
Canada should make you the one person to never omit a province or
territory when listing them all off. Not that anyone outside of Alberta
really cared, it’s just quite the blunder on Trudeau’s part.
2. Keeping Information Hidden From Canadians
Getting information from the Canadian government and its many branches,
like the RCMP, is painstakingly difficult. Canadians have a right to
“confidential” government information, we just need to send in an access
to information request. These requests, however, can take a very long time
to process, and under Trudeau, things have only gotten worse. Trudeau
promised a more transparent government, but what we’ve got is the
opposite, as vital information is more difficult to obtain than before.
3. Spending $215,000 On A Vacation We All Paid For
Seriously, more than $215,000 for a vacation to the Bahamas, paid for by
Canadian taxpayers? If that’s not enough to ruffle your feathers about
Trudeau, I don’t know what is. In all fairness, that exorbitant price tag
may not have been Trudeau’s fault, at least not completely, but it’s still
ridiculous.
4. Letting The Opioid Crisis Claim Too Many Canadian Lives
Let’s face it, the Trudeau government has been sluggish to respond to
Canada’s ongoing opioid crisis. 16 Canadians are hospitalized each and
every day due to opioid poisonings, and the federal government has done
little to curb this phenomenon. Mostly, it’s been up to cities to respond.
The federal government could take action, decriminalizing heroin or
cocaine would be a big step forward on this, yet we’ve seen nothing of the
sort or similar. Canada’s current approach simply isn’t working and
Canadians are dying. It’s time Trudeau did something about it.
5. Keeping Canada Environmentally Friendly
Ending fossil fuel subsidies was an electoral promise made by Trudeau, a
move that was supposed to make Canada a greener nation. Then, when the
Liberal Party budget came out, we got nothing of the sort. In fact, some
fossil fuel subsidies are going to stay around until 2025 under Trudeau’s
plan.
6. The Trans Mountain Pipeline
Speaking of environmental gaffs, let’s not forget about the Trans Mountain
Pipeline. Here we have Trudeau showing his true colours, because while
he’s all about forward-thinking and environmentalism in theory, on paper
he’s a money-oriented kind of guy. The controversial Trans Mountain
Pipeline is in Canada’s “best interest” says Trudeau, which is strange
given the amount of Canadians who protested against the pipeline.
7. Discriminating Against Gay Men
If you aren’t a guy who sleeps with guys, you probably don’t know about a
wildly discriminatory law in Canada that says, if you sleep with men, you
can’t give blood. Well, you can, as long as you don’t have sex with
another man for five years. Crazy to think about, but it’s true, a
byproduct of HIV/AIDS hysteria. Trudeau promised to abolish this law, but
instead altered it slightly. The new rule is that a guy can’t have sex for
a year with another man if they want to give blood. Yup, still pretty
backwards and unrealistic.
8. Not Extending Parental Leave For Parents
Canada is one of the worst places to have kids, mainly because parents
have such a short amount of paid time to spend with their kids. Trudeau
promised to extend parental leave to 18 months, yet we’ve heard nothing on
the matter since the Prime Minister came to power. Technically, Trudeau
hasn’t broken this promise yet, but complete inaction (thus far) is just
as frustrating.
9. Putting Canada Into Even Deeper Debt
A debt-free nation is next to impossible. Trudeau, however, did make
promises when it came to budgeting and debt. For the year of 2016-17,
Trudeau pledged to a $9.9 billion deficit. The deficit came to be $23
billion in that year. This year Trudeau promised a $9.5 billion deficit,
but in reality it’s probably going to be more around $28.5 billion.
Spending more on Canadians is great, but when a politician does the the
complete opposite of what they said they were going to do, you have to
call their leadership into question.
10. No Electoral Reform
Back when Trudeau was campaigning, he made a big point of saying how
Canada’s current electoral system was flawed. We all agreed, because the
“first past the post” system makes very little sense. But then, at some
point, the Trudeau government said “nah, we’re actually going to keep
things as is” and completely abandoned the promise. No one really knows
why, but one could hazard a guess that electoral reform probably wasn’t
all that beneficial to the Liberal Party.
11. Adopting Obama mannerisms and acting unmanly.
https://www.mtlblog.com/whats-happening/10-things-justin-trudeau-has-done-
horribly-wrong-as-canadas-prime-minister
de chucka
2018-06-12 21:34:59 UTC
cross-posted into a group not relevant to the topic? Now fixed
de chucka
2018-06-12 21:36:34 UTC
I'll try that again after my next coffee
Info
2018-06-13 00:37:01 UTC
Post by de chucka
cross-posted into a group not relevant to the topic? Now fixed
Whiner.