Oil
2018-05-15 01:35:09 UTC
Interesting reports on the oil price (observation only no 'wish' involved):
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/14/rising-oil-prices-may-now-be-a-positive-for-the-us-economy.html
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Most-Underappreciated-Story-In-The-Oil-Market.html
Ördög
2018-05-15 02:12:20 UTC
Post by Fran
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Most-Underappreciated-
Story-In-The-Oil-Market.html

Well. The economists (the overpaid and over appreciated professional
fortune tellers of our modern times) are running around frenzied looking
into their crystal balls trying to magic out who will reap the biggest
profits and at whose costs when oil prizes rise.

But in the USA (and elsewhere) the environment will pay the real prize
and those creepy economist just could not give a damn about that.

My hopes are that expected increase in the numbers of electric vehicles
on the roads (in Europe and other places but sadly not in OZ) will create
a decrease in demand for oil eventually, even if the process is a very
gradual one.
Ördög, without any apologies
Fran
2018-05-15 03:00:29 UTC
Post by Fran
https://oilprice.com/Energy/Energy-General/The-Most-Underappreciated-
Story-In-The-Oil-Market.html
Well. The economists (the overpaid and over appreciated professional
fortune tellers of our modern times) are running around frenzied looking
into their crystal balls trying to magic out who will reap the biggest
profits and at whose costs when oil prizes rise.
But in the USA (and elsewhere) the environment will pay the real prize
and those creepy economist just could not give a damn about that.
My hopes are that expected increase in the numbers of electric vehicles
on the roads (in Europe and other places but sadly not in OZ) will create
a decrease in demand for oil eventually, even if the process is a very
gradual one.
We too have hopes for the electric car and if you read some of the
alternative press, there is an increasing growth of the numbers here and
of the amount of mileage they can do before they read a recharge. Sadly
the distance is still not enough for our needs living where we do.
Currently we both have cars that have a really good return on kms per
litre but may need to buy the next (or subsequent) release of those
before electric cars become a viable option. Or, we may both be in the
OPH before they become an option.....
petzl
2018-05-15 03:23:15 UTC
Tesla are self driving and a option is a 1000 klm battery
problem is bit heavy on price with extra features.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-05-15 10:03:38 UTC
https://www.cnbc.com/2018/05/14/rising-oil-prices-may-now-be-a-positive-for-the-us-economy.html
Well a rise in natural gas prices would be a boon for the US, which has heaps
of fracked wells shut off until the price creeps up.
Although the correlation between oil and gas prices has declined in the 21st
century, which has made life more difficult for the stock market gamblers.