People using the internet blamed for slowing down speeds on fixed wireless
Add Reply
de chucka
2018-06-04 21:03:45 UTC
What bastards they should only use the internet for 'proper' purposes
like posting crap on Usenet.

He does however have a point for eg if nobody used roads congestion
would end and we wouldn't have to build all these new highways

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/nbn-chief-blames-gamers-for-congestion/9832596
NBN chief blames online 'gamers predominantly' for fixed wireless congestion
Ördög
2018-06-04 21:10:31 UTC
Post by de chucka
NBN chief blames online 'gamers predominantly' for fixed wireless congestion
That statement would be hilarious if it came from Petz, Felix or Pelican.
But coming from the NBN chief it is really tragic. What is this country
coming to with these kinds of idiots running the show!
Ördög, without any apologies
Fran
OMG!!!!!
SG1
So Netflix etc are blameless.
Daniel60
2018-06-05 09:54:07 UTC
Post by SG1
Post by Fran
Post by de chucka
What bastards they should only use the internet for 'proper' purposes
like posting crap on Usenet.
He does however have a point for eg if nobody used roads congestion
would end and we wouldn't have to build all these new highways
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/nbn-chief-blames-gamers-for-congestion/9832596
NBN chief blames online 'gamers predominantly' for fixed wireless congestion
OMG!!!!!
So Netflix etc are blameless.
I'm guessing that, as there was some sort of world championship Gamers
event on in Sydney last weekend, it might have caused the slow NBN to
become even slower!!
Daniel
Fran
2018-06-05 22:37:02 UTC
Post by SG1
Post by Fran
Post by de chucka
What bastards they should only use the internet for 'proper' purposes
like posting crap on Usenet.
He does however have a point for eg if nobody used roads congestion
would end and we wouldn't have to build all these new highways
http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-06-04/nbn-chief-blames-gamers-for-congestion/9832596
NBN chief blames online 'gamers predominantly' for fixed wireless congestion
OMG!!!!!
So Netflix etc are blameless.
Can't answer that one SG1. Being deeply rural and on steam powered
connections to the outside world, we'll never know a thing about such
new fangled things.
Ördög
2018-06-06 01:56:13 UTC
SG1
Post by SG1
Fran
dechucka
Post by Fran
Post by SG1
Post by de chucka
NBN chief blames online 'gamers predominantly' for fixed wireless congestion
OMG!!!!!
So Netflix etc are blameless.
Can't answer that one SG1. Being deeply rural and on steam powered
connections to the outside world, we'll never know a thing about such
new fangled things.
I thought that the NBN was necessary because of a real demand for
implementing streaming technology country wide(of course, not just for
entertainment but for business and medical use).
Now that they have wasted billions on an ideologically manipulated LNP
version of mongrel technology they are telling us that it can't deliver
streaming. WOW!

They should have just kept that money for parliamentarian's pay rises
with providing extra perks instead, and of course, for some urgently
needed LNP pork barreling.

:(
Ördög, without any apologies
Lions Growl of Butchers Foul

b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-06-06 09:45:23 UTC
In Japan, you have been able to get 2 Gbps for 5 years.
In South Korea, you can even get 10 Gbps. I presume you would only need
that much if you run a business from home.
Makes our NBN look pretty lame.
SG1
2018-06-06 16:03:46 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
In Japan, you have been able to get 2 Gbps for 5 years.
In South Korea, you can even get 10 Gbps. I presume you would only need
that much if you run a business from home.
Makes our NBN look pretty lame.
OK it is 2AM. Just did a cupla speedtests 41.26 & 12.87 45.13 & 15.26.
This is on a 50/20 fixed wireless. Yep lots of congestion?
My son the other morning was downloading at 48Mbs.
news18
2018-06-10 01:21:25 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
In Japan, you have been able to get 2 Gbps for 5 years.
In South Korea, you can even get 10 Gbps. I presume you would only need
that much if you run a business from home.
Makes our NBN look pretty lame.
It isn't the speed, but the data you suck that is the problem.
The nong from NBN is just trying to distract from their own incompetency.
People went from what was <12/1 on ADSL to a basic 12/1 or 25, which
meant they could suck the same data down in a shorter time.

Throw in all the streaming services and the compunding effect of all the
increase resolution, aka 720p. 1080p. DVD, Bluray, 2K, 4k(or whatever the
sequence is) and conjestion on the creaky old NBN was inevitable.

Now, NBN is trying to drive every one on the NMN to 50Mb/s servbice which
will just compound the congestion.

I've watched the data my games download and they are just the same as
anything else.
b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-06-10 02:16:07 UTC
Post by news18
Now, NBN is trying to drive every one on the NMN to 50Mb/s servbice which
will just compound the congestion.
I am one of the lucky few who got FTTH early. I think I am still getting ADSL
speed most of the time. So upgrade to NBN50/100 - you will be disappointed.
news18
2018-06-11 01:46:08 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by news18
Now, NBN is trying to drive every one on the NMN to 50Mb/s servbice
which will just compound the congestion.
I am one of the lucky few who got FTTH early. I think I am still getting
ADSL speed most of the time. So upgrade to NBN50/100 - you will be
disappointed.
Which is why I don't. Better things to spend the money on.

b***@topmail.co.nz
2018-06-10 12:19:46 UTC
Oh and another thing.
The new suburb of Seacrest at Geraldton in WA got fibre from a private company
not NBN. They can get 500 mbps for $110 per month. Probably the best value
around. Skymesh 200 Mbps plan (using the NBN) costs $270/month.