We won't break the seal of confession acting Adelaide Catholic head
MattB.
2018-06-15 09:34:27 UTC
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head

https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/

The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
de chucka
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
duke
2018-06-15 12:12:22 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.

the dukester, American-American

*****
The Purpose of the NT Word of God is not to inform as it did in
the OT,but instead to form us in the very image of Jesus Christ.
*****
de chucka
2018-06-15 21:22:52 UTC
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.
Drs are Mandatory reporter of chid abuse
https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect

Lawyers have some privilege but Priests in SA don't
Patrick Barker
2018-06-15 21:27:59 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.
Drs are Mandatory reporter of chid abuse
https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect
Lawyers have some privilege but Priests in SA don't
Doctors must report abuse if they see it.
But they do not have to report certain medical info on a patient
without a subpoena.
And a priest will NEVER break the seal of confession.
No matter what legislation you pass.
de chucka
2018-06-15 22:06:22 UTC
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.
Drs are Mandatory reporter of chid abuse
https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect
Lawyers have some privilege but Priests in SA don't
Doctors must report abuse if they see it.
and so do members of the public or they are guilty of covering up an
offence, in NSW at least not sure about the rest of the country
Post by Patrick Barker
But they do not have to report certain medical info on a patient
without a subpoena.
So
Who cares, off to the slammer with them
duke

*****
de chucka
2018-06-16 21:04:52 UTC
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.
Drs are Mandatory reporter of chid abuse
https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect
Lawyers have some privilege but Priests in SA don't
Doctors must report abuse if they see it.
and so do members of the public or they are guilty of covering up an
offence, in NSW at least not sure about the rest of the country
Is hearsay allowed?
Read the info supplied in the cite given about Drs, yu read it didnt you
Oh well FYI
https://aifs.gov.au/cfca/publications/mandatory-reporting-child-abuse-and-neglect.
Patrick Barker
Tell me when that happens in your 3rd world country.
duke
2018-06-16 12:15:55 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by duke
Post by de chucka
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
https://indaily.com.au/news/2018/06/15/seal-of-confession-sa/
The acting head of the Catholic Archdiocese of Adelaide says South
Australian priests, himself included, will ignore new laws requiring
them to break the seal of confession if they hear admissions of child
abuse offences.
Who cares off to the slammer when you get caught
Lawyers, doctors, and priests have legal status on secrecy.
Drs are Mandatory reporter of chid abuse
If you beat your child, you should be reported.

*****
de chucka
Yep
Lions Growl of Butchers Foul
Spot on. I'm sick of them talking about what confession is, because it's of no interest to me, unlike the laws of this land which don't care what you think confession is: cover up a crime and you go to gaol. Protect a paedophile priest: off to gaol.
Patrick Barker
2018-06-15 13:36:31 UTC
Did you actually think otherwise?
de chucka
2018-06-15 21:24:20 UTC
As a secular country religions should not have special privelages
Patrick Barker
2018-06-15 21:41:34 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
Did you actually think otherwise?
As a secular country religions should not have special privelages
And religious people do not have the right anymore to follow their
religious beliefs?
PSHAW!!!
de chucka
2018-06-15 22:11:11 UTC
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
Did you actually think otherwise?
As a secular country religions should not have special privelages
And religious people do not have the right anymore to follow their
religious beliefs?
They can practice there religious belief however they want as long as
they aren't contradictory to our laws. For eg if someone wanted to
introduce the Mesoamerican religion into Australia and they could freely
practice it except for the human sacrifice bit and any other practices
that breach the law.
PSHAW!!!
Patrick Barker
2018-06-16 12:53:17 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by MattB.
'We won't break the seal of confession': acting Adelaide Catholic head
Did you actually think otherwise?
As a secular country religions should not have special privelages
And religious people do not have the right anymore to follow their
religious beliefs?
They can practice there religious belief however they want as long as
they aren't contradictory to our laws. For eg if someone wanted to
introduce the Mesoamerican religion into Australia and they could freely
practice it except for the human sacrifice bit and any other practices
that breach the law.
Well, that was instructive.
How many priests have had human sacrifice on the altar?
de chucka
Quite a few it seems over the eons
Fran
2018-06-16 23:34:46 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
How many priests have had human sacrifice on the altar?
Quite a few it seems over the eons
You're playing with trolls again :-)). But please try to find smarter
ones than this who can't even manage to use a decent standard of insult.
Patrick Barker
2018-06-16 23:43:19 UTC
On Sun, 17 Jun 2018 09:34:46 +1000, Fran
Post by Fran
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
Post by de chucka
Post by Patrick Barker
How many priests have had human sacrifice on the altar?
Quite a few it seems over the eons
You're playing with trolls again :-)). But please try to find smarter
ones than this who can't even manage to use a decent standard of insult.
I didn't attempt to insult up-chucka.
I merely call him a liar about the sacrifice altar thingie.
Try to keep up, franko.