The Meaning of Life.
Swampfox
2007-05-05 07:50:00 UTC
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
jonz
wish i had thought of that :^))))
ralph
Wish you would just think, period.
Clincher
2007-05-05 12:07:38 UTC
His name is Jonz. Who is "period"?
ralph
2007-05-05 09:51:33 UTC
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.

Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.

You can't, because they aren't, and what's more, your class warfare
bullshit is a sure-fire vote LOSER.

It's the economy, stupid.
H Dickmann
Go and do some work for charities.
regn.pickford
2007-05-05 23:02:18 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
Post by ralph
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
You can't, because they aren't, and what's more, your class warfare
bullshit is a sure-fire vote LOSER.
It's the economy, stupid.
Go and do some work for charities.
The good works of Charities are abused beyond belief.

OTOH charities pay their collectors,organisers.advertisers
up to 100% of the collections.
Barren Burt
2007-05-06 08:26:58 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
Post by ralph
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
You can't, because they aren't, and what's more, your class warfare
bullshit is a sure-fire vote LOSER.
It's the economy, stupid.
Go and do some work for charities.
Ever wondered who the biggest donors to Australian charities are?

The wealthy. The "class" you love to hate.
SKD
2007-05-05 12:25:08 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
I belong to a vulnerable class and my rights were much better
protected under Keating.
Fredz
2007-05-05 12:43:50 UTC
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class and my rights were much better
protected under Keating.
Stiff. This is Howard's Brave New World. Every man, woman for themselves
and the kids overboard.

regards

FredZ
SKD
2007-05-05 13:01:50 UTC
Post by Fredz
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class and my rights were much better
protected under Keating.
Stiff. This is Howard's Brave New World. Every man, woman for themselves
and the kids overboard.
regards
FredZ
It was factual response to the lie that vulnerable classes were worse
off under Keating.
AusByte
2007-05-05 22:19:15 UTC
WTF is a "vulnerable class"?
SKD
2007-05-05 22:57:15 UTC
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class
WTF is a "vulnerable class"?
SFB. New migrants, non English speaking backgrounds, first generaton
Australians, indigeneous Australians, refugees, people with illnesses/
disablities, single parent families, people without mates in high
places etc,
AusByte
2007-05-05 23:10:15 UTC
Post by SKD
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class
WTF is a "vulnerable class"?
SFB. New migrants, non English speaking backgrounds, first generaton
Australians, indigeneous Australians, refugees, people with illnesses/
disablities,
This would be the group on whom $20 billion of taxpayers' money is currently
spent annually.
Post by SKD
single parent families,
Ya wanna have kids - ya pays for 'em. Single parents are already costing
the taxpayer $2billion annually.
Nonsense.
Swampfox
2007-05-05 23:47:17 UTC
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
Post by SKD
single parent families,
Ya wanna have kids - ya pays for 'em. Single
parents are already costing the taxpayer $2billion
annually.
So what's the baby bonus all about then?
Nonsense.
SKD
2007-05-06 10:09:58 UTC
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class
WTF is a "vulnerable class"?
SFB. New migrants, non English speaking backgrounds, first generaton
Australians, indigeneous Australians, refugees, people with illnesses/
disablities,
This would be the group on whom $20 billion of taxpayers' money is currently
spent annually.
You could be right about the figure, but one thing you don't get is
results by throwing money at the problem coupled with a total lack of
understanding of the it. That is one of the biggest failing of Howard
government. They just don't get it. Not to say record sums of tax
payer's money have not been spent. It's not just for the vulnerable
people's conditions worsening in spite of big spend but this trend
goes right to heart of their competency areas. notably the defense.
Where billions are spent, what do we get out of it is at best
debatable.
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
single parent families,
Ya wanna have kids - ya pays for 'em. Single parents are already costing
the taxpayer $2billion annually.
So what are you saying, they put their kids for adoption and get jobs
like anyone else. SINCE THEY GOT SUCKED IN BY THE BABY BONUS BRIBE.
Seriously, are you mentally inadequate or two bit denail artists.
regn.pickford
2007-05-05 23:07:43 UTC
Post by AusByte
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class
WTF is a "vulnerable class"?
`Battlers' are apparantly people on less than $75k per year.

Vulnerable would have to be better off than a battler
Fredz
2007-05-06 04:11:02 UTC
Post by SKD
It was factual response to the lie that vulnerable classes were worse
off under Keating.
Yea, I know. My response is that of a jaded cynic who is convinced that
social justice is buried.

regards

FredZ
ralph
2007-05-05 23:47:01 UTC
Post by SKD
I belong to a vulnerable class and my rights were much better
protected under Keating.
Then you must be a pig farmer, because simply being chronically
delusional about Australian living standards does not qualify you as
"vulnerable".
jakeroo
2007-05-05 12:39:10 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
You can't, because they aren't, and what's more, your class warfare
bullshit is a sure-fire vote LOSER.
It's the economy, stupid.
Spoken likem a true howard voter, believe anything , WMD, children
overboard, 'HE IS THE REASON WE ARE HAVING A MINING BOOM' , AWA's are good?
Hmm lets see, what is the good of the boom if the employees dont benefit? Oh
they cant syas johnny, in fact we need to out source or bring in migrant
workers.

this dickhead wouldnt know, or if he does know is blinded by love of johnny?

If the economy is going great and money isnt being injected back into tthe
economy, usually by way of wages so improving consumer spending?

But if you want to believe that going back to prewar industrial conditions,
matbe even serfdom even to keep what, johnny;s fairy story that the workers
have never been better of alive.

Perhaps you had better put it with the WMD, and children overhoard story and
remember if he is re elected he might find it necessary for the good of the
economy, or his version of the only way we can balance the books is to move
back to those uncertain times when indurstrial warfare was the name of the
game just to obtain a living wage.

Let's see now, isnt that the rich bitchs claim since one said let them eat
cake? When they were wondering if they would have anything to eat at all.
atec 77
2007-05-15 13:16:40 UTC
Post by jakeroo
Post by ralph
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
You can't, because they aren't, and what's more, your class warfare
bullshit is a sure-fire vote LOSER.
It's the economy, stupid.
Spoken likem a true howard voter, believe anything , WMD, children
overboard, 'HE IS THE REASON WE ARE HAVING A MINING BOOM' , AWA's are good?
Yes the awards are good , it means lazy is fired not lagging of the
others who carried him in a union dominated environ
Post by jakeroo
Hmm lets see, what is the good of the boom if the employees dont benefit?
provide proof they don't ?
Oh
Post by jakeroo
they cant syas johnny,
proof hs said it ?
in fact we need to out source or bring in migrant
Post by jakeroo
workers.
in the mines ?
buullsshiiittt there is no shortage of mine workes at those pay rates .
Post by jakeroo
this dickhead wouldnt know, or if he does know is blinded by love of johnny?
you are blined by your impotency and childish rage , now unclench your
teeny tiny fists and ask mummy for some cold milk
Post by jakeroo
If the economy is going great and money isnt being injected back into tthe
economy, usually by way of wages so improving consumer spending?
it is and thats whats fsked the unions
Post by jakeroo
But if you want to believe that going back to prewar industrial conditions,
damn you really must enjoy making stuff up
Post by jakeroo
matbe even serfdom even to keep what, johnny;s fairy story that the workers
have never been better of alive.
mine workers do very well thanks
Post by jakeroo
Perhaps you had better put it with the WMD, and children overhoard story and
remember if he is re elected he might
excuse me but that's WHEN he is re-elected
Post by jakeroo
economy, or his version of the only way we can balance the books is to move
back to those uncertain times when indurstrial warfare was the name of the
game just to obtain a living wage.
whats that ?
oh your tiny feet stamping in frustration
only in your dreams
Rifty
2007-05-07 11:02:13 UTC
Post by jakeroo
If the economy is going great and money isnt being injected back into tthe
economy, usually by way of wages so improving consumer spending?
One of the main reasons why the national bank account looks good is the
same reason most people's bank balances would look good if they sold off
the assets they owned that produce a continuous income. So many of them
are gone now, and the apparently healthy national bank balance will now
be squandered on financing the government's re-election. But it's an
illusion.

Once they're back, and the resources boom collapses, the bank account is
going to start looking pretty sick. Ironically, if Labor gets in, then
it is they who will have to deal with gap in funding resulting the fire
sale of income-producing national assets the Howard government has
consistently used to finance its next election campaign.

What they've done is equivalent to a carpenter selling off all his best
tools and splurging the money he makes on cheap thrills. When he has no
decent tools and no income from his trade, he's a goner. Not that Howard
will be short of anything when he leaves the job. But the rest of us
will suffer for the sleight of hand he is perpetrating on us all.

It's idiotic - and people might just fall for it yet again with the lure
of a few bucks dropped in their hand (extracted from their wallets
before they get it).Don't forget that since the GST was introduced,
Howard's tax bonanza has increased by almost 40%. So the goodies have
come right from your own wallet - if you're a taxpayer. Bloody hell.

Rifty
riftynet - put a dot after rifty
Hunter01
2007-05-07 13:45:43 UTC
Post by Rifty
Post by jakeroo
If the economy is going great and money isnt being injected back into tthe
economy, usually by way of wages so improving consumer spending?
One of the main reasons why the national bank account looks good is the
same reason most people's bank balances would look good if they sold off
the assets they owned that produce a continuous income. So many of them
are gone now, and the apparently healthy national bank balance will now
be squandered on financing the government's re-election. But it's an
illusion.
Agreed entirely, But who started the great Quantas flog off? Who sold
the Commonwealth Bank, one of the countries biggest money earners?

Liberal have sold off their fair share too, but you can't really compare
the parties on that, one of the worst things any government can do is
sell off our public utilities, especially when they make good money, but
they're both guilty of that sin.

BTW, good to see you're still around Rifty, it was kinda depressing
dropping back in after a bit of a sabbatical and only finding
che/shearman/arthur still here, nice to see there's still one or two
sane people left out there (even if I ain't one of them!) And the
occasional post from Addinall, who whilst we might not agree much is a
fisherman, so I still gotta catch up with the bastard for a tinny or 10
if he ever makes his way back to Perth.
Rifty
2007-05-07 22:50:03 UTC
Post by Hunter01
Post by Rifty
Post by jakeroo
If the economy is going great and money isnt being injected back into tthe
economy, usually by way of wages so improving consumer spending?
One of the main reasons why the national bank account looks good is the
same reason most people's bank balances would look good if they sold off
the assets they owned that produce a continuous income. So many of them
are gone now, and the apparently healthy national bank balance will now
be squandered on financing the government's re-election. But it's an
illusion.
Agreed entirely, But who started the great Quantas flog off? Who sold
the Commonwealth Bank, one of the countries biggest money earners?
Fair point. I never quite understood that one. Someone might be able to
explain to me while it was a good idea for a Labor Government to do that
and how it's a benefit long term. They've both done it, and it makes
Labor criticism's of current Lib policy on public assets a bit hollow.
So many of the safeguards are now gone - look how much foreign ownership
of QANTAS there now really is, even though 51% local is mandated. So
much for foreign investment rules.

If the budget sank real money in health and education instead of handout
bribes, the Government might win back more voters that it thought
possible. But they've got your tax money to spend on election guineas,
so here it comes tonight. Thank God I've got other things to do than
listen.
Post by Hunter01
BTW, good to see you're still around Rifty, it was kinda depressing
dropping back in after a bit of a sabbatical
In jail again??? :)
Post by Hunter01
and only finding
che/shearman/arthur still here, nice to see there's still one or two
sane people left out there (even if I ain't one of them!) And the
occasional post from Addinall, who whilst we might not agree much is a
fisherman, so I still gotta catch up with the bastard for a tinny or 10
if he ever makes his way back to Perth.
I've had a few health issues in the family and personally, and a
crushing work schedule, and when you open a ng and it's wall to wall
crap then there's not much inducement to come back. You know it's
serious when Rod Speed doesn't even put in an appearance!

Maybe the discussion will come back to some sort of sanity sometimes.
The fishing appeals. I've done that since the days when you put 100
yards of line on a coke bottle and used it as a handline. I'd like a
dollar for every bream and trumpeter I caught using that.

Rifty
riftynet - put a dot after rifty
Hunter01
2007-05-10 14:27:08 UTC
Post by Rifty
Post by Hunter01
Agreed entirely, But who started the great Quantas flog off? Who sold
the Commonwealth Bank, one of the countries biggest money earners?
Fair point. I never quite understood that one. Someone might be able to
explain to me while it was a good idea for a Labor Government to do that
and how it's a benefit long term. They've both done it, and it makes
Labor criticism's of current Lib policy on public assets a bit hollow.
So many of the safeguards are now gone - look how much foreign ownership
of QANTAS there now really is, even though 51% local is mandated. So
much for foreign investment rules.
Yeah, I was even thinking of backing away from the Liberal vote in the
next federal, but not any more. Not due to any of the above, but due to
the fact that over here in WA we've got a slag polly who laughed at her
own party, and our government (her party), at any suggestion of removing
her from govt because she was married to a top-level union boss, as
little respect for Labor as I have I thought they'd at least knock her
off after her publicly putting them down, but they backed down and she's
still there. They don't have the sniff of an oily rag of credibility as
far as I'm concerned after that.

That's enough to make you vomit, but as of yesterday revelations are now
that they've done nothing but fire the high-level public servants and
replace them with labor members in an attempt to try to fix the next
election and "bastardised the public service" as was reported by the
watchdog that was appointed to oversee their corruption.

Quite frankly with scum like that running us, our state is fucked. WA
Inc all over again, only this time around they can openly admit it
without anything being done about it.

Meanwhile we have federal Liberal decimating the TAFE systems of all the
states by giving them NOTHING in the budget, and instead investing in
the federal trade colleges. So much for the trade shortage huh? But I
spose in a way they can be forgiven for that, because the states under
labor have always taken the money given and put it elsewhere, so I
suppose they're really addressing the fact they get abused for the trade
shortage and spend money on it, and Labor just steals it and redirects
it, by building their own colleges that labor can't touch. Would've made
a lot more sense to re-possess TAFE from the states rather than
dbl-handle if you ask me... And it ain't just WA that's fucked, it's the
whole country when it comes to that. But hey, nothing new there....
Post by Rifty
If the budget sank real money in health and education instead of handout
bribes, the Government might win back more voters that it thought
possible. But they've got your tax money to spend on election guineas,
so here it comes tonight. Thank God I've got other things to do than
listen.
On that you're dead right, all these fucking one off payments are a
fucking joke. Baby bonus?? Promotes junkies popping out babies to get
another fix, che's family will grow, definitely something we don't need.
The reality if they want real population expansion would be to give tax
concessions to those that have families. Means the junkies who don't
work anyway ain't going to be farming for a fix cos they wont be getting
any money in hand, but real families who work for a living will honestly
look at the fact that a reduction in their income tax will make a family
more affordable. Labor and Liberal are both guilty on that one. And the
same applies to all the rest of Liberal's bullshit payouts. No one-off
payment will ever benefit this country, it is ALWAYS just a buy a vote
measure.
Post by Rifty
Post by Hunter01
BTW, good to see you're still around Rifty, it was kinda depressing
dropping back in after a bit of a sabbatical
In jail again??? :)
Fuck, that would've been a lot simpler. Labor sticking their fingers
into our business again and appointing one of their buddies instead of
someone that has any business sense. I still reckon let it fall down in
a heap, but unfortunately being an Aussie I still keep working my arse
off to keep things going because all my mates are doing the same.
Unfortunately with a loser like Omodei in opposition here I think
education will be gutted in WA for another term, roll on the immigrant
workforce. Funny how Liberal gets the blame for that, it's all the state
Labor govts that have destroyed the trade system, we were rolling in
business under Liberal in WA, since Labor's been in we've been closing
more doors every day, because "we don't need the money". WA Labor is
effectively the travel-agent for foreign trade immigration.
Post by Rifty
Post by Hunter01
and only finding
che/shearman/arthur still here, nice to see there's still one or two
sane people left out there (even if I ain't one of them!) And the
occasional post from Addinall, who whilst we might not agree much is a
fisherman, so I still gotta catch up with the bastard for a tinny or 10
if he ever makes his way back to Perth.
I've had a few health issues in the family and personally, and a
crushing work schedule, and when you open a ng and it's wall to wall
crap then there's not much inducement to come back. You know it's
serious when Rod Speed doesn't even put in an appearance!
Yeah, hope the health stuff's worked out ok. I spose we're all getting
longer in the tooth, and whilst there's some in here I wouldn't shed a
tear for, you're generally a well balanced sparring partner. As for Rod,
if he's gone quiet too should we be considering this as the end of
usenet as we know it? 8[
Post by Rifty
Maybe the discussion will come back to some sort of sanity sometimes.
The fishing appeals. I've done that since the days when you put 100
yards of line on a coke bottle and used it as a handline. I'd like a
dollar for every bream and trumpeter I caught using that.
I was brought up catching (and eating) trumpeter. The amount of people
that call them shitfish and say to chuck them was damn depressing as a
kid, to me they bit, they swallowed the hook, the fried up nicely, and
they ate nicely. Never tried the coke bottle though!

Hunter01
2007-05-07 18:05:25 UTC
Post by Hunter01
Post by Rifty
Post by jakeroo
[...]
Or alternatively I might be on some island just North of Brisbane with a
dingo problem come Xmas time as events have just transpired, so if
you're still in QLD and feel like a pissup/fish-up for a week yell out.
And to all you bastards that hate me, come and visit! 8]
Rifty
2007-05-07 22:50:03 UTC
Post by Hunter01
Or alternatively I might be on some island just North of Brisbane with a
dingo problem come Xmas time as events have just transpired, so if
you're still in QLD and feel like a pissup/fish-up for a week yell out.
And to all you bastards that hate me, come and visit! 8]
Don't you think there's a danger that if we all got together, we'd solve
the world's entire problems, thus rendering all newsgroups redundant?

Rifty
riftynet - put a dot after rifty
Hunter01
2007-05-08 13:27:40 UTC
Post by Rifty
Post by Hunter01
Or alternatively I might be on some island just North of Brisbane with a
dingo problem come Xmas time as events have just transpired, so if
you're still in QLD and feel like a pissup/fish-up for a week yell out.
And to all you bastards that hate me, come and visit! 8]
Don't you think there's a danger that if we all got together, we'd solve
the world's entire problems, thus rendering all newsgroups redundant?
But we'd all die of alcohol poisoning, so our discovery of the answer to
life, the universe and everything would go the way of the dingoes, and
without the messiah Dr Doolittle to extract that answer from them, the
world would still be well and truly fucked.
Stan
2007-05-07 22:44:42 UTC
"Rifty" <***@tpg.com.au> wrote in message news:1hxrey2.1yfm6m58szry8N%***@tpg.com.au...
(snipped)
Post by Rifty
Once they're back, and the resources boom collapses, the bank account is
going to start looking pretty sick. Ironically, if Labor gets in, then
it is they who will have to deal with gap in funding resulting the fire
sale of income-producing national assets the Howard government has
consistently used to finance its next election campaign.
Yes, as the State Labour governments have milked the sold off utilities by
extracting yearly ' fees' from them. Then squandering the income on
'make work' jobs that produce no further income...like 'counsellor's or
'consultants' ...instead of using the income on more infrastructure that
creates lasting benefit.

Both parties do it. Different tactics. But vastly different outcomes.
The worst outcome has been the transferring of Western business and
technology to the Chinese.

Imagine an individual businessman giving his tools and knowledge to his
opposition because he was sorry for him doing so badly.

Labour politics actually does expect the creative people in society to
provide the income so they can squander it on their patheticically
uncreative voting base....and then hate them more when the businessmen turn
the tap off and go elsewhere.
Rifty
2007-05-07 23:28:55 UTC
Post by Stan
Labour politics actually does expect the creative people in society to
provide the income so they can squander it on their patheticically
uncreative voting base....and then hate them more when the businessmen turn
the tap off and go elsewhere.
I think reserving your cynicism for just one side in the equation
doesn't do justice to the problem at all. The case on the other side is
that business is (rightly) concerned only about its profits, and if all
political and social decisions were driven by that alone we would be way
worse off than under a regime that has some social conscience.

So I am cynical about the motives of both sides and always will be,
because there's little either of them do that has the real interests of
the country at heart - merely their own voting blocs and the
stockholders' board. The only time the threat of global warming started
to matter to this government was when they realised that cities without
any water and farms producing no income might just make voters think
their elected representatives hadn't thought enough about the future.
There's a hell of a lot of Neros fiddling while Rome is burning. And
let's not get started on a morally bankrupt and disastrous foreign
policy...

Rifty
riftynet - put a dot after rifty
Fredz
2007-05-05 12:42:19 UTC
Socialist: One who has nothing and wants to share with everyone.
Swampfox
2007-05-05 20:24:28 UTC
On Sat, 5 May 2007 17:50:00 +1000, "Swampfox"
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud
pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable
in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got
his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
We can't prove anything, stupid.
Howard won't give us the figures.
It's the economy, stupid.
ralph
2007-05-06 07:37:15 UTC
Post by Swampfox
If you're earning good money, healthy, happy with
life, driving a (near new) Pajero, sending your kids
to a shithole private school and don't give a rat's
arse about any other prick on the face of the earth
then vote for John Winston Howard.
And live happily ever after.
Oh look ... another rusted-on Marxist fraud
pretending it "cares"
about others.
Go ahead and prove the poorest and most vulnerable
in our society are
worse off now than when that pig farmer Keating got
his arrogant
Italian-suited arse booted out.
We can't prove anything, stupid.
Howard won't give us the figures.
Plenty of stats out there ... you just don't like the fact they all
make you look like a fool.

www.abs.gov.au

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_minimum_wages_by_country

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Human_Development_Index
Swampfox
2007-05-06 21:16:28 UTC
Post by Swampfox
[...]
No stats at all on the relative merits of AWA's, fool.
Now why won't they tell us, and why do we now need a
safety net for the working poor?
Torpedo
2007-05-05 11:58:21 UTC
or vote NSW State Labour for the best law and order:

http://www.smh.com.au/news/national/three-wounded-in-sydney-driveby-shooting/2007/05/05/1177788442073.html

Three wounded in Sydney drive-by shooting

May 5, 2007 - 3:03PM

Sydney's Oxford St nightclub district has been rocked by another shooting,
with three people wounded in an attack early today.

Shots were fired from a dark coloured sedan in a drive-by shooting outside
DCM Nightclub, in Darlinghurst in the city's inner east, just before 3.30am
(AEST) today.

Two men standing outside the nightclub were treated at the scene for gunshot
wounds before being taken to Royal Prince Alfred Hospital in a stable
condition.

Another man was taken to St Vincent's Hospital where he was in a stable
condition with a minor gunshot wound.

Police were unable to confirm reports of up to seven shots being fired in
the shooting.

Police Superintendent Daryl Donnolley said crime scene police and ballistics
were completing their investigation into the latest shooting.

"They have seized a number of items which are still being examined. However
when we get those reports it will make it clear what type of weapon or
weapons were used," Supt Daryl Donnolley said.

He said there was no obvious motive for the shooting.

A dark blue Ford Falcon was seen driving west on Oxford Street after the
incident and police are appealing for information from anyone who might have
seen the vehicle.

Today's incident follows a shooting at the trendy Goodbar club on Oxford
Street in inner-city Paddington in March.

AAP
And live happily ever after.
H Dickmann
2007-05-05 13:14:44 UTC
Post by Torpedo
[...]
If you want to vote for Howard you better get used to it. I have been to
Countries where people were either very poor or very rich. The rich had 20
ft fences around their houses and private security guards.
And live happily ever after.
SKD
2007-05-05 13:41:28 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
[...]
Indeed, private mansion settlements with fences and security guards
and then you see a man a woman and two children living inside a 1.5
metre concrete water conduit left by the developers outside by the
roadside. One set of children being driven to school in heated cars
and this forgotten set of kids hiuddled in front of cardboard and
rubbish burning fire in these concrete pipes. Separated by a few feet
and yet worlds apart. Does it bother anyone in those cars, I asked it
once and the answer was they should try get a job - how does a kid
living inside a concrete tube get to the school, where does she set
the books...That is the ultimate market will fix it utopia.
Torpedo
ralph
2007-05-06 00:36:05 UTC
Post by SKD
Indeed, private mansion settlements with fences and security guards
and then you see a man a woman and two children living inside a 1.5
metre concrete water conduit left by the developers outside by the
roadside. One set of children being driven to school in heated cars
and this forgotten set of kids hiuddled in front of cardboard and
rubbish burning fire in these concrete pipes. Separated by a few feet
and yet worlds apart. Does it bother anyone in those cars, I asked it
once and the answer was they should try get a job - how does a kid
living inside a concrete tube get to the school, where does she set
the books...That is the ultimate market will fix it utopia.
Neither the UN nor the ABS give you any numbers to support your
rhetoric, so you resort to dishonestly projecting third world
scenarios on Australia. Fooling nobody with your bullcrap.
H Dickmann
2007-05-06 01:51:45 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by SKD
Indeed, private mansion settlements with fences and security guards
and then you see a man a woman and two children living inside a 1.5
metre concrete water conduit left by the developers outside by the
roadside. One set of children being driven to school in heated cars
and this forgotten set of kids hiuddled in front of cardboard and
rubbish burning fire in these concrete pipes. Separated by a few feet
and yet worlds apart. Does it bother anyone in those cars, I asked it
once and the answer was they should try get a job - how does a kid
living inside a concrete tube get to the school, where does she set
the books...That is the ultimate market will fix it utopia.
Neither the UN nor the ABS give you any numbers to support your
rhetoric, so you resort to dishonestly projecting third world
scenarios on Australia. Fooling nobody with your bullcrap.
If Australias economic conditions become similar to third world countries
then we will have the same problems.
Torpedo
H Dickmann
2007-05-06 02:49:57 UTC
Post by Torpedo
...being the richest third world country in principle, Australia wouldn't
need to struggle hard.
How rich a country is has nothing to do with it. How much the lowest paid
workers earn determines what society we end up with.
Post by Torpedo
Swampfox
2007-05-06 03:00:42 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
...being the richest third world country in
principle, Australia wouldn't
need to struggle hard.
How rich a country is has nothing to do with it. How
much the lowest paid workers earn determines what
society we end up with.
Well our prospects don't look too bright if that's the
criteria.
It seems we now need a safety net for the working
poor.

<snip>
ralph
2007-05-06 07:44:38 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
...being the richest third world country in principle, Australia wouldn't
need to struggle hard.
How rich a country is has nothing to do with it. How much the lowest paid
workers earn determines what society we end up with.
http://www.rightsatwork.com.au/thefacts/minimumwage

Looking forward to your list of "third world" countries that come
anywhere close to our $25,000 pa minimum wage.
H Dickmann
2007-05-06 09:49:04 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
...being the richest third world country in principle, Australia
wouldn't
need to struggle hard.
How rich a country is has nothing to do with it. How much the lowest paid
workers earn determines what society we end up with.
http://www.rightsatwork.com.au/thefacts/minimumwage
Looking forward to your list of "third world" countries that come
anywhere close to our $25,000 pa minimum wage.
You show your ignorance.
Okay, lets compare Australia with a country where the average minimum wage
is $2500-00 or one tenth. I know one very well.
Uou can take public transport from one end of the city to the other for
10cents.
Try going across Sydney for a Dollar. The average Electricity bill per month
is $6-00. You can rent a small lot of land for abour $50-00 per year and
build a small house on it. You just make your own concrete vblocks and just
build it. No Council regulations, pemissions, plans and all the other
expensive bulshit.
Outside of the big cities you just select a block of Government land, cut
down a few trees and build a house for next to nothing.You add some chucks,
a couple of pigs and a vegy garden.
If you make comparisons, the working poor in a third world country can
survive better than the working poor in Australia.
ralph
2007-05-06 11:11:43 UTC
Post by H Dickmann
Post by ralph
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
[...]
This oughtta be good. You seriously wish to argue that a subsidence
farmer in a third world country "survives better" than an unskilled
labourer in Australia? Or a city-dweller in that country earning 1/10
of the Australian wage?

I'll bite then ... which country?

If people are "surviving" better, what is the life expectancy and
child mortality rates in this country?

Cheap electricity and public transport sounds great (how reliable are
either in your utopia?) but don't stop there ... don't forget to
include any costs for essentials such as health care for the family
(almost free in Australia), primary/secondary schooling for his/her
children (also almost free in Australia), and what happens if the
breadwinners become disabled (do they have a Centrlink equivalent with
disability pension for example?). If drought or other natural
disaster hits, how much government relief are they entitled to?

If you are right, then the UN HDR has got it very very wrong in
ranking Australia third on the Human Development Index. I look
forward to comparing statistics for your utopian third-world country.

Moreover, I will probably be left wondering why aren't we reading
about a flood of emigation from Australia to that country? :D
H Dickmann
2007-05-06 13:51:20 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by H Dickmann
Post by ralph
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
[...]
My post was about the survival of the working poor, not about the disabled,
the unemployed or pensioners. Otherwise it would obviously not be a third
world country.
Of course we are far ahead in social services and on the top in health care.
Still, a couple living in a tent because they cant afford a half decent
place to rent or lost their house because they could no longer pay the
morgage after loosing their penalty rates, can look forward to being looked
after if they become cripples or become old.
By the way, I have been around a bit and don't know any country where
primary and secondary education is not free.
The point is that the cost of living in Australia does not consider the
working poor.
Even if you own a block of land, go and try to build a small 2 bedroom flat
fibro house on it. Most councils wouldn't allow it and the neighbours would
be outraged. It does not comply with the image of an affluent society. That
image is very misleading.
Only one third of households are couples with children. Childless couples
are on the increase and they are setting the trend of our 'Affluent"
society. What will that do to our future?
Swampfox
2007-05-06 21:21:36 UTC
On Sun, 06 May 2007 02:49:57 GMT, "H Dickmann"
Post by H Dickmann
Post by Torpedo
...being the richest third world country in
principle, Australia wouldn't
need to struggle hard.
How rich a country is has nothing to do with it. How
much the lowest paid
workers earn determines what society we end up with.
http://www.rightsatwork.com.au/thefacts/minimumwage
Looking forward to your list of "third world"
countries that come
anywhere close to our $25,000 pa minimum wage.
$25,000, less tax, say $22,000?
You try surviving on a bit over $400 per week in one
of our capital cities, remembering that this figure is
for full time work and doesn't allow for the hordes of
casual and part timers.
You allow your unqualified support for Howard to get
in the way of any logic or empathy you might posess,
which is severely limited in either case.
jonz
2007-05-06 02:08:53 UTC
Post by ralph
Post by SKD
Indeed, private mansion settlements with fences and security guards
and then you see a man a woman and two children living inside a 1.5
metre concrete water conduit left by the developers outside by the
roadside. One set of children being driven to school in heated cars
and this forgotten set of kids hiuddled in front of cardboard and
rubbish burning fire in these concrete pipes. Separated by a few feet
and yet worlds apart. Does it bother anyone in those cars, I asked it
once and the answer was they should try get a job - how does a kid
living inside a concrete tube get to the school, where does she set
the books...That is the ultimate market will fix it utopia.
Neither the UN nor the ABS give you any numbers to support your
rhetoric, so you resort to dishonestly projecting third world
scenarios on Australia. Fooling nobody with your bullcrap.
the only dishonesty here hovers around you, and you`re cronies like a
cloud of flies....(hmmm, probly both, come to think of it)
ralph
2007-05-06 07:27:25 UTC
Post by jonz
Post by ralph
Neither the UN nor the ABS give you any numbers to support your
rhetoric, so you resort to dishonestly projecting third world
scenarios on Australia. Fooling nobody with your bullcrap.
the only dishonesty here hovers around you, and you`re cronies like a
cloud of flies....(hmmm, probly both, come to think of it)
More shrill class warfare rhetoric, and absolutely no substance to
back it up.

BTW ... for you remaining Marxist dinosaurs, your comrade Mugabe is
just another example of why eating the rich fails to house the poor.