A sign of horrors yet to come to OZ? Hope NOT!
2020-05-06 22:32:02 UTC
"Australians look at American gun culture in disbelief. But our pasts
aren't so dissimilar"
/ABC News Breakfast
By Michael Rowland/
Source: <https://tinyurl.com/y9kjrzzh>

"They were scenes that shocked even those who thought they had a good
understanding of US gun culture.
The anti-lockdown protesters who occupied the Michigan State House in
Lansing last week brought with them not just chants and placards.
Some came armed with assault weapons and ammunition belts.

It was if they were getting ready to invade a small country instead of
just taking part in what was, in the end, largely a peaceful
demonstration.
As it turns out, the constitutional right to bear arms is particularly
sweeping in Michigan.
It is perfectly legal to carry weapons in public spaces in that state,
mainly because there aren't any laws in place explicitly saying you can't.
Therefore, the hands of local police were tied.
Can you imagine similar scenes at any of Australia's state parliament
houses? Of course, we never have to. Gun ownership is not as entrenched
in Australia."

~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~ ~~~~

We are used to see snippets like these from war thorn regions of the
planet where out of bounds terrorist militias rule the roost.
But I seriously wonder how can a society that pretends to be democratic
and civilised tolerate something like this.
Are we better than that in Australia? Are those extremist loons on our
far-right political fringe often embedded in parties like the LNP and ON
will ever bring that US style horror show to our shores.

Keep your fingers crossed that they never succeed! And remember that at
the next election as you cast your vote!
Welcome to real Hell on Earth! :)
That is when Lieberals and Countrymorons running the show.
They rain down on you *at your expense* hate, greed, bullying, nepotism
and plutocracy!
Fran
2020-05-07 00:32:23 UTC
[...]
What amazes me is that those gun nutters who took their weapons into the
Michigan Capitol Building did not end up in jail. So many Americans
seem to think they live in the 18th century and can do what they like,
when they like. Bloody spoilt brat idiots.
Ned Latham
2020-05-07 01:47:58 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") has
another shot at imitating a terrestrial life form...
Post by Ördög
[...]
That's "seeing", "war-torn" and "out-of-bounds", moron. And the last is
tautological, anyway. Reaching for revolting effect, ay?

Typical Stalinist bullshit.
Post by Ördög
But I seriously wonder how can a society that pretends to be democratic
and civilised tolerate something like this.
Why would they not tolerate a "peaceful demonstration"?
Post by Ördög
Are we better than that in Australia?
We are disarmed: subjects, not citizens. Tyrants and wannbe tyrants love
that.
Post by Ördög
Are those extremist loons on our
far-right political fringe often embedded in parties like the LNP and ON
will ever bring that US style horror show to our shores.
Keep your fingers crossed that they never succeed!
You want us powerless for the "glorious revolution"? How will you arrange
for nationwide prefrontal lobotomies, moron?
Post by Ördög
And remember that at
the next election as you cast your vote!
What amazes me is that those gun nutters who took their weapons into the
Michigan Capitol Building did not end up in jail.
I know you're spectacularly stupid, Piggy, but how the fuck did you
manage to miss "...perfectly legal to carry weapons in public spaces
in [Michigan]"?

Get a clue, you retard.