Why does the ALP think a split over Shortens leadership is a good idea
de chucka
2018-06-27 21:01:55 UTC
A suggestion this morning (actually made again) that if the ALP loses 2
of the upcoming by-elections Shorten may be challenged. Don't political
parties realise that all the internal leadership machinations of their
party is only of interest to them (and to politics tragics like myself)
and is a sure way of losing support with the voters? I haven't got much
time for Shorten and he should know about the dangers of 'Captain's
calls' from Abbott but imho more damage will be done to the ALP's
electoral chances by a challenge rather then keeping him.

Albanese hasn't ruled out a challenge but when he pledges his full
support for Shorten to lead the ALP to the next election I'll know the
challenge is on :-(
Petzl
2018-06-27 22:00:01 UTC
Post by de chucka
A suggestion this morning (actually made again) that if the ALP loses 2
of the upcoming by-elections Shorten may be challenged. Don't political
parties realise that all the internal leadership machinations of their
party is only of interest to them (and to politics tragics like myself)
and is a sure way of losing support with the voters? I haven't got much
time for Shorten and he should know about the dangers of 'Captain's
calls' from Abbott but imho more damage will be done to the ALP's
electoral chances by a challenge rather then keeping him.
Albanese hasn't ruled out a challenge but when he pledges his full
support for Shorten to lead the ALP to the next election I'll know the
challenge is on :-(
Trouble with Shorten is he is a Uni-geek/nerd with zero contact with
Labor people. Albanese fits the Labor "type"
If voting made any difference,
they wouldn't let us do it- Mark Twain
de chucka
2018-06-27 22:39:09 UTC
Post by de chucka
A suggestion this morning (actually made again) that if the ALP loses 2
of the upcoming by-elections Shorten may be challenged. Don't political
parties realise that all the internal leadership machinations of their
party is only of interest to them (and to politics tragics like myself)
and is a sure way of losing support with the voters? I haven't got much
time for Shorten and he should know about the dangers of 'Captain's
calls' from Abbott but imho more damage will be done to the ALP's
electoral chances by a challenge rather then keeping him.
Albanese hasn't ruled out a challenge but when he pledges his full
support for Shorten to lead the ALP to the next election I'll know the
challenge is on :-(
Trouble with Shorten is he is a Uni-geek/nerd with zero contact with
Labor people. Albanese fits the Labor "type"
Nothing wrong with a University education, in fact it is a plus, but
compared to say Bob Hawke's style (a person who he shares a very similar
background) he does come across as a bit of a nerd. If Labor = the
Unions he certainly has had contact with the workers.

Albanese has a very similar background to Shorten except he came up
through the Party ranks not the Union one after Uni. I'll argue he has
had less contact with the 'Labor types' (whatever that is) given his
Party upbringing.
Petzl
2018-06-27 23:29:11 UTC
Post by de chucka
Post by Petzl
Post by de chucka
[...]
Both are better than Turnbull, Turnbull's latest tax rort is running a
"Turnbull Foundation" puts all his salary into it avoiding PAYE
taxation if he did not.
The "Clinton Foundation" is identical scam

Clinton Cash, is a feature documentary based on the Peter Schweizer
book that the New York Times hailed as “The most anticipated and
feared book of a presidential cycle.”

Clinton Cash investigates how Bill and Hillary Clinton went from being
“dead broke” after leaving the White House to amassing a net worth of
over $150 million, with over $2 billion in donations to their
foundation. This wealth was accumulated during Mrs. Clinton’s tenure
as US Secretary of State through lucrative speaking fees and contracts
paid for by foreign companies and Clinton Foundation donors.

Turnbull = meaningless waffle and platitudes with no substance
And that's a very good question and we are in consultation and talks and we can assure you...

"I don't give a fig about the national interest as long as I get re-elected!"