Federal Government releases emissions technology investment roadmap, backing gas and a shift towards renewables
2020-05-20 20:43:55 UTC
'EXCEEEELENT' back to some good old politics with my "mate ;-)" Angus
releasing the report today.

The roadmap will be interesting given that it is reported as saying
'solar and wind were the cheapest forms of generation' and doesn't
mention coal. Gas to be used in the interim but at the moment we are
flogging it off overseas cheaper then Australians can buy their own
resource.
Wonder where it will get the most criticism from - Labor or the Greens
or the right wing of the LNP. I'm going for Barnaby et al

https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-21/federal-government-releases-emissions-technology-roadmap/12269010
Ördög
2020-05-20 22:04:22 UTC
'EXCEEEELENT' back to some good old politics with my "mate ;-)" Angus
releasing the report today.
The roadmap will be interesting given that it is reported as saying
'solar and wind were the cheapest forms of generation' and doesn't
mention coal. Gas to be used in the interim but at the moment we are
flogging it off overseas cheaper then Australians can buy their own
resource.
Wonder where it will get the most criticism from - Labor or the Greens
or the right wing of the LNP. I'm going for Barnaby et al
https://www.abc.net.au/news/2020-05-21/federal-government-releases-
emissions-technology-roadmap/12269010

Yep.
It will be interesting to see how the coal lobby reacts to such sacrilege
on their own side of politics!
Of course, we also know what Angus is made of, so I am not going to
expect much real tangible progress on clean energy from this mob
regardless of their public statements.
Welcome to real Hell on Earth! :)
That is when Lieberals and Countrymorons running the show.
They rain down on you *at your expense* hate, greed, bullying, nepotism
and plutocracy!
b***@topmail.co.nz
2020-05-20 22:45:57 UTC
Well this year, banks and insurance companies have turned against thermal coal.
There is no way another coal-powered generator can get up without 100% bankroll
from a government.
On the other hand, I expect they will keep pushing new mines, such as Clive
Palmer's proposal.