new law: seniors selling home to put in super
Niska Hubot
2018-07-10 08:54:32 UTC
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real estate
agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her, telling her she
can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund! Well, well.
I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but really the
property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more help.
Petzl
2018-07-10 09:49:16 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real estate
agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her, telling her she
can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund! Well, well.
I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but really the
property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more help.
Better off putting it in her "grandma foundation"
https://independentaustralia.net/politics/politics-display/editorial-the-figjam-philanthropist,11644
https://is.gd/GsmwIF
"To Be A Politician You Need Three Things. Be a Good Liar, A Great Cheat
and a Brilliant Thief." Malcolm Turnbull

Malcolm applied to be a Senator for the Lobor party
https://spectator.com.au/2017/01/turnbulls-labor-dream/
news18
2018-07-10 10:11:42 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real estate
agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her, telling her she
can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund! Well, well.
I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but really the
property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more help.
Of course they are behind it.
What all the wackos forget is that if she sells her current home, she has
to buy something else and it will not be cheap.
Petzl
2018-07-10 12:07:31 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Niska Hubot
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real estate
agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her, telling her she
can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund! Well, well.
I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but really the
property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more help.
Of course they are behind it.
What all the wackos forget is that if she sells her current home, she has
to buy something else and it will not be cheap.
Malcolm wouldn't be dishonest?

Bruce S
2018-07-10 17:32:07 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real
estate agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her,
telling her she can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund!
Well, well. I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but
really the property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more
help
830 square meters seems a pretty big place for an older woman living on
her own. I live with my wife, daughter, and two dogs in a home of about
2500 square feet, which (if I'm doing this right) is only about 230 sqm.
I've seen other descriptions of places using metric for area, and wonder
if I have part of this wrong. You're talking about the equivalent of a
place 40 meters (131') by 20.75 meters (68'), right? It sounds like
downsizing would be a good thing.
FMurtz
2018-07-13 14:55:04 UTC
Post by Bruce S
Post by Niska Hubot
[...]
Are you talking house size, they are talking land size, she may have a
kennel on it.
Bruce S
2018-07-14 15:26:34 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by Bruce S
Post by Niska Hubot
[...]
Ah, thanks, I misunderstood that completely. That does sound about
right for a city lot, or small suburban one.
Niska Hubot
2018-07-15 01:45:49 UTC
Post by Bruce S
830 square meters seems a pretty big place for an older woman living on
her own. I live with my wife, daughter, and two dogs in a home of about
2500 square feet, which (if I'm doing this right) is only about 230 sqm.
I've seen other descriptions of places using metric for area, and wonder
if I have part of this wrong. You're talking about the equivalent of a
place 40 meters (131') by 20.75 meters (68'), right? It sounds like
downsizing would be a good thing.
My gran is quite healthy for her age. I think it is the garden, cat and
dog that keeps her going. Plus us younguns visit her often and do odd
jobs she needs. After grandad died, she looked around at retirement
villages, but found they were unsuitable. For example none 300 m from a
small shopping centre, like she is now.
Petzl
2018-07-15 02:27:32 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Post by Bruce S
830 square meters seems a pretty big place for an older woman living on
her own. I live with my wife, daughter, and two dogs in a home of about
2500 square feet, which (if I'm doing this right) is only about 230 sqm.
I've seen other descriptions of places using metric for area, and wonder
if I have part of this wrong. You're talking about the equivalent of a
place 40 meters (131') by 20.75 meters (68'), right? It sounds like
downsizing would be a good thing.
My gran is quite healthy for her age. I think it is the garden, cat and
dog that keeps her going. Plus us younguns visit her often and do odd
jobs she needs. After grandad died, she looked around at retirement
villages, but found they were unsuitable. For example none 300 m from a
small shopping centre, like she is now.
There is no Place like Home. A home isn't just a place where you live
but it is also a place where you can feel safe, be comforted and
cherished. Your home is like an environment where you can be free and
be yourself. It is the starting point of your path to the future.

The Donald succeeding as president in face of Left media Trump Derangement Syndrome.
These people need help!
The lefties are all there trying to pile their crap on Trump saying he's no good.
Here's a bloke who has made a fortune in the toughest property market in the world, Manhattan.
He was top rating with his apprentice show, in the toughest TV market in the world the United States.
He beat all those Governors, Senators and sons of Presidents in the presidents primaries
for the Republican party, then he beat the revered Clinton machine.
He has raised a beautiful family, his children are a wonderful tribute to him,
"they all" say he is a hopeless failure?
On top of that he's married to Miss World.
So what have you got to do in life,
what have you got to do by these rotten miserable mongrels
in "our" media on the left, what have you got to do?

The Clinton and Bush era of the last 30 years is about to come
to an end in light of the sudden Saudi Arabian purge of Clinton
and Bush allies.
Bruce S
2018-07-16 16:00:22 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Post by Bruce S
830 square meters seems a pretty big place for an older woman living on
her own.  I live with my wife, daughter, and two dogs in a home of about
2500 square feet, which (if I'm doing this right) is only about 230 sqm.
I've seen other descriptions of places using metric for area, and wonder
if I have part of this wrong.  You're talking about the equivalent of a
place 40 meters (131') by 20.75 meters (68'), right?  It sounds like
downsizing would be a good thing.
My gran is quite healthy for her age. I think it is the garden, cat and
dog that keeps her going. Plus us younguns visit her often and do odd
jobs she needs. After grandad died, she looked around at retirement
villages, but found they were unsuitable. For example none 300 m from a
small shopping centre, like she is now.
Moving can be really tough on an older person anyway, so if she likes
where she is, and it works for her, good for her. I'd misunderstood the
size, thinking that was home size. FMurtz set me straight that it's lot
size, which makes a lot more sense.

Government Shill #2
2018-07-10 21:15:31 UTC
Post by Niska Hubot
Well this came in Jul 1. My grandma lives on an 830 sqm block in a
desirable suburb. Since late June, she has been pestered by real estate
agents and even the neighbour in the street behind her, telling her she
can downsize and put 300k in her superannuation fund! Well, well.
I reckon this scheme came not from retiree groups but really the
property developers lobby. As if those scum needed more help.
Or, the government wants to free up the housing market so that young families
can get a house, while making it easier for the elderly to afford to pay their
bills?

Nah, it's gota be your conspiracy. That makes more "sense".

Shill #2
--
The biggest conspiracy has always been the
fact that there is no conspiracy.