ABC discussion about racist chess, and Minties
Add Reply
Belphegor
2020-06-24 19:34:38 UTC
These fools at the ABC need a a quick sacking for wasting public money.

A discussion on whether chess is racist, because the White always goes
first, and whether Minties are racist because available in white only.
Van you believe the bullshit they get up to with the taxpayer's money
at the ABC?

"A chess player has denied the game is racist on ABC live radio in a
controversial segment aired despite fierce criticism the broadcaster
was “foolish” and wasting taxpayer dollars for planning it.

It comes as the show’s host denies the segment was about whether chess
was racist despite later slamming popular confectionary Minties as
“wrong” for being white and questioning the colour of chess pieces.

The broadcaster copped a stern rebuke from chess player John Adams, 38,
on Tuesday after he received a phone call from a producer for James
Valentine’s afternoon show requesting an interview about whether chess
is racist."

Ned Latham
2020-06-24 21:08:08 UTC
https://tinyurl.com/braindeath
may need a subscription

--- paying for fucking up your sanity? NO thnx
Your favourite keyboard warrior
Petzl
2020-06-24 21:42:58 UTC
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 05:34:38 +1000, Belphegor
Post by Belphegor
These fools at the ABC need a a quick sacking for wasting public money.
A discussion on whether chess is racist, because the White always goes
first, and whether Minties are racist because available in white only.
Van you believe the bullshit they get up to with the taxpayer's money
at the ABC?
snip
And much more https://tinyurl.com/ybfjebvr (may need a subscription).
You have your wish.
https://www.xyz.net.au/abc-managing-director-denies-having-sex-with-a-pig/
https://is.gd/J78Cw6
ABC Managing Director Denies Having Sex With A Pig
How good is this.

From the ABC:

The ABC will axe up to 250 jobs and cut programming as it deals with
budget cuts of $84 million.

Managing director David Anderson said a flagship radio news bulletin
would go, the ABC Life lifestyle portal would be rebranded, and
programs would be reviewed as part of a major overhaul of the national
broadcaster.

There will also be cuts to travel and to spending on television
productions, as the organisation moves to become more relevant to more
Australians and better reflect community diversity, he said.

Mr Anderson said the redundancies and savings would affect every
division across the ABC.

“We anticipate we may farewell as many as 250 colleagues through this
process,” he told staff in a briefing.
Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!
Orthus Cerberus
2020-06-24 22:02:38 UTC
Petz
Post by Petzl
https://www.xyz.net.au/
Stop filling your otherwise empty skull with that kind of totally fucked
up alt-right hate propaganda from that idiotic outlet, Petz dear.
You don't want impartiality in the news, you hate reported facts and you
despise rational reasoning. No wonder you love authoritarianism the kind
they have in China, North Korea, Saudi Arabia and Iran.

You are addicted not only to goon-bags but also to intentional alt-right
reality distortions.

~~~
Post by Petzl
Mark Latham has ...
...been (and still is) an anger management failure basket case w/o any
real ideology or self-discipline beyond limitless narcissism and
opportunism. He is as meaningless as his pathetic tilt at becoming a
relevant far right shock jock.
Post by Petzl
Voting Coalition, ...
...and...
Post by Petzl
... One Nation is like eating shit because you ...
...hate your socially responsible fellow citizens.
--
Ördög - the real one (Your scary shadow that says "Booo" in the dark)
Don't argue with the alt-right terrorism apologist/supporters, the

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
<http://www.loonwatch.com/category/anti-loons/>
Orthus Cerberus
2020-06-24 23:49:45 UTC
As you, WoggyDoggy, are addicted to far left commie propaganda.
Orthus Cerberus
2020-06-24 23:48:23 UTC
Post by Belphegor
[...]
I don't mind the ABC, just object to their bloated way of running.
Time they were put on a commercial footing.
news18
2020-06-25 06:29:48 UTC
Post by Orthus Cerberus
I don't mind the ABC, just object to their bloated way of running.
Time they were put on a commercial footing.
So you would be happy that your news would be determined by the deepest
pockets?
Anubis
2020-06-25 07:18:28 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Orthus Cerberus
I don't mind the ABC
What a liar!
Post by news18
Post by Orthus Cerberus
Time they were put on a commercial footing.
So you would be happy that your news would be determined by the deepest
pockets?
Well that is surely the best way the pull the independence teeth of that
media organisation. And that is what the LNP demands.
We already have overwhelmingly right wing and pro corporate biased media
in OZ, do we really need another one? And do we really need to lose a
media outlet that is not forced to sacrifice proper journalism on the
altar of profit generation, trivial sensationalism and even more rightwing
biased news reporting? Do we really want any those disgusting bloody
commercials which ruin any decent viewing experience?

I have not watched a single private free to air channel for over a decade
and I don't feel I've missed anything except the mushing of my brain
cells.
Ördög - the one and only newsgroup Devil.
Apollyon
2020-06-25 09:17:00 UTC
On Thu, 25 Jun 2020 07:18:28 +0000 (UTC)
Post by Anubis
I have not watched a single private free to air channel for over a
decade and I don't feel I've missed anything except the mushing of my
brain cells.
The only cell you have is the cell in which you are incarcerated, and
good riddance at that.
Apollyon
Where did I say that?
news18
He, who pays the piper, calls the tune.
Apollyon
2020-06-25 19:59:34 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Orthus Cerberus
I don't mind the ABC, just object to their bloated way of running.
Time they were put on a commercial footing.
So you would be happy that your news would be determined by the
deepest pockets?
Where did I say that?
BTW SBS ("Wog-a-Vision") has advertisements, is it run on commercial
lines?

Excellent news service, probably no good for the hayseeds in the
boondocks, and good shows as well.
Ned Latham
2020-06-25 21:05:29 UTC
crap removed

PLONK THAT CREEP
Your favourite keyboard warrior
Daniel65
2020-06-25 11:45:00 UTC
Post by Belphegor
[...]
I can see costs being reduced by continuing the Work Practices imposed
by CoViD-19 in at least two programs, 'Insiders' and 'Offsiders'.

Normally these programs have panels of three or four guests and I'm
guessing the interstate guests would have been flown in on Saturday and
put up and some swank Hotel in Melbourne.

During CoViD-19 lock-down, they have been making do with, usually, one
in-studio guest and the others by video. Sure, a few problems, but
mostly worked well.

So they could continue that practise and save a few dollars on Hotel
Suites and Aeroplane tickets.

Same, Same, for 'Q & A' on Monday evenings!
--
Daniel