NAB share. trading halt etc
Add Reply
McCoy
2020-04-27 09:20:15 UTC
Can someone explain this to me?
I heard in today's news that NAB's share price has drop about 40% over weeks; now slashing dividend from 83 cents to 30 cents per share, and asking for bailout $ of 3.5 billion. Now in trading halt.
All these are not surprising in the current pandemic situation.

What I don't understand is... I remember seeing in the news , one night, about 3 weeks ago, the market drop (include banks shares), but NAB was the only share that went up ? Why? What was happening ? Something fishy happening ?
Fran
2020-04-28 01:39:35 UTC
Post by McCoy
Can someone explain this to me?
I heard in today's news that NAB's share price has drop about 40% over weeks; now slashing dividend from 83 cents to 30 cents per share, and asking for bailout $ of 3.5 billion. Now in trading halt.
All these are not surprising in the current pandemic situation.
What I don't understand is... I remember seeing in the news , one night, about 3 weeks ago, the market drop (include banks shares), but NAB was the only share that went up ? Why? What was happening ? Something fishy happening ?
Not as far as we can see.

Share prices go up and down and often it may or may not bear little
relationship to what is going on in the world. Our philosophy is to
never sell until we are ready and we don't get scared easily but a lot
of people do seem to panic and sell when they should hold (at least in
our opinion).

NAB has put out an offer to shareholders that they can buy up to $30K
worth of shares at a price that IIRC, is about $2 less than the listed
share price. That is the sort of deal that we've used before to buy
shares and made good on. YMMV.
McCoy
2020-04-28 07:37:29 UTC
Post by McCoy
[...]
Sure, share prices go up and down. But you are missing my question.
My Q. is...why on that one day (about 3 weeks ago) the ASX/market was down, all bank shares were down, BUT NAB shares was up !!!! That was the only bank share that went up on that particular day.
Dechucka
2020-04-28 08:01:56 UTC
Post by McCoy
My Q. is...why on that one day (about 3 weeks ago) the ASX/market was down, all bank shares were down, BUT NAB shares was up !!!! That was the only bank share that went up on that particular day.
The curves for the banks have followed each other fairly closely this
year. When was this NAB movement against the trend?

CBA has been the best performer, well hasn't been crap as the rest.
Fran
2020-04-29 01:58:21 UTC
Post by McCoy
My Q. is...why on that one day (about 3 weeks ago) the ASX/market was
down, all bank shares were down, BUT NAB shares was up !!!! That was
the only bank share that went up on that particular day.
The curves for the banks have followed each other fairly closely this
year. When was this NAB movement against the trend?
It was nothing of note. It was a tiny blip - the sort of thing that
happens.
Fran
I answered your question and added extra information. Reread what I wrote.
McCoy
oic ...thank u . So, you are saying what you mentioned in your last paragraph caused the nab share to rise on that day.
Dechucka
2020-04-30 23:01:48 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
[...]
Which day was this? The banks have mirrored each other in ups and down
all year from what I've been watching.
McCoy
2020-05-05 16:41:08 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
[...]
I agree with you; that's why I'm asking the question.
Sorry, I can't remember which day; it must have been in the last 3 or 4 weeks or so.
That evening, I happened to catch part of the news...that the index was down, all the banks were down, but NAB went up !!!! I was very surprise/curious. The news then moved on to other items. If one has the time, it shouldn't be too hard to look at the daily charts in the last several weeks, and look for the day where CBA,ANZ and WBC were all down and NAD went up.
Do you remember there was this rumour around 2007/2008 during the GFC, that NAB took loans from the US Fed. to the tune of several billions, and should have made an announcement about the loan, in the ASX , but failed to comply... a very serious breach (if true).
Dechucka
2020-05-05 20:07:07 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
[...]
You heard incorrectly
Post by McCoy
?
!!!! I was very surprise/curious. The news then moved on to other items. If one has the time, it shouldn't be too hard to look at the daily charts in the last several weeks, and look for the ?day where CBA,ANZ and WBC were all down and NAD went up.
I have
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Do you remember there was this rumour around 2007/2008 during the GFC, that NAB took loans from the US Fed. to the tune of several billions, and should have made an announcement about the loan, in the ASX , but failed to compl
No
y... a very serious breach (if true).
McCoy
I did a quick check of the daily share price of our 4 big banks. Look at the (closing?) price on 16/4/20 and 17/4/20 . Only NAB rose on 17/4 (compare to the previous day 16/4)
Dechucka
2020-05-07 02:50:00 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
?
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Do you remember there was this rumour around 2007/2008 during the GFC, that NAB took loans from the US Fed. to the tune of several billions, and should have made an announcement about the loan, in the ASX , but failed to compl
No
y... a very serious breach (if true).
I did a quick check of the daily share price of our 4 big banks. Look at the (closing?) price on 16/4/20 and 17/4/20 . Only NAB rose on 17/4 (compare to the previous day 16/4)
It's been up and down from $13.88 to $16 something since Fed 20 with
some of the moves a lot bigger than 16-17th April move. Get back to
posting other conspiracy theories this one is boring
Fran
2020-05-07 04:48:45 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Dechucka
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
Post by McCoy
?
!!!! I was very surprise/curious. The news then moved on to other
items. If one has the time, it shouldn't be too hard to look at the
daily charts in the last several weeks, and look for the ?day where
CBA,ANZ and WBC were all down and NAD went up.
I have
There was one day a few weeks ago when NAB had a small upward blip.
Fran
2020-05-01 04:42:39 UTC
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
Post by Fran
Post by McCoy
[...]
No, I'm not saying that at all. That bit is the 'extra' information.