Australia fires: US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
Mattb
2020-01-23 23:01:33 UTC
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash

An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.

Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.

The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Peter Jason
2020-01-24 02:11:19 UTC
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Ned Latham
2020-01-24 02:40:19 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
Fires: when the big floods return;
Global warming: when we can walk to Tassie on the ice;
Bleached coral: when the lights go out.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:28:41 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
That would make it even worse, stupid.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 02:10:08 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Ned Latham
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
That would make it even worse, stupid.
Nope. They don't talk about Rudd these days. Or Gillard. Turnbull and
Abbott have to go out of their way to get a mention...
Rod Speed
Still get mentioned, particularly when they remain in parliament, stupid.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 04:56:01 UTC
----snip----
Mentioned. Wow. Now there's a huge distraction from real news.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 05:04:23 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
----snip----
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Ned Latham
They don't talk about Rudd these days. Or Gillard. Turnbull
and Abbott have to go out of their way to get a mention...
Still get mentioned, particularly when they remain in parliament, stupid.
Mentioned.
Abbott was a lot more than just mentioned until he lost his seat.
Mattb
Well of the fires when they are over. Hopefully soon.
news18
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
FMurtz
2020-01-24 14:44:46 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
Ördög
2020-01-24 21:02:06 UTC
/snip/
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
Sadly similar hard decisions ever more frequently need to be made thanks
to LNP, which mindlessly cuts essential services in order to manufacture
so called budget surplussed, to deliver unnecessary tax cuts for their
business overlords and to cater for their capitalist libertarian and free
marketeering neo-liberal constituents' rabid ideologies.

Just imagine if the RFS was properly staffed and funded! Maybe we could
keep the Wollemi pines AND people's houses undamaged both at the same
time.

And just imagine, if Australian governments actually had proper policies
to mitigate AGW! Maybe if we had those at least the further warming of
the climate, a significant contributor to the fierceness of those fires
could be reduced.

Yes, just imagine, if we actually had a decent government and a saner
social and a saner econopolitical system in OZ!
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Ned Latham
2020-01-24 21:41:28 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") jumps on
another bandwagon...

----leftard drivel snipped----
Post by Ördög
Just imagine if the RFS was properly staffed and funded! Maybe we
could keep the Wollemi pines AND people's houses undamaged both
at the same time.
Just imagine if the watermelons hadn't sabotaged RFS and private
hazard reduction efforts with their idiot "environmentalism".
Post by Ördög
And just imagine, if Australian governments actually had proper
policies to mitigate AGW!
Just imagine if these AGW alarmistrs could get it into their pointy
little heads that *nothing* we do against AGW will have any effect
at all in anything less than half a century.
Post by Ördög
Maybe if we had those at least the further warming
of the climate, a significant contributor to the fierceness of
those fires could be reduced.
Maybe they'd realise along with the sane among us that we need first
to deal with the problems we have now.
Post by Ördög
Yes, just imagine, if we actually had a decent government and a saner
social and a saner econopolitical system in OZ!
Yap-Yap "thinks" that communism is sane. Apparently it's unaware that
communism violates the suyrvival imperative at a most basic level;
that there is *no* sustaining communism without massively expensive
and intrusive oppression of the entire population and except in
limited paradisical environments such as in Cuba, without massive
death tolls from idiotologically induced famines.

Yap-Yap wouldn't recognise either decency *or* sanity if they bit it
on the arse. It's a foul, diseased, white-anting lunatic.
Peter Jason
2020-01-24 21:28:40 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Good heavens! I have a Wollemi Pine grown from a small seedling, but
now too big for me. My cousin is meant to take it off my hands but
she will not show up.
https://postimg.cc/m1RRH1k3
Petzl
2020-01-24 22:02:20 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
They just weren’t doing Communism properly,
Say all of today’s Communists?

"It cannot be overstated,
Bolsheviks committed the greatest human slaughter
in modern history,and the fact that the world is
largely ignorant and uncaring about this fact is proof
that the global media are in the hands of the perpetrators"
Russian Gulag survivor,
novelist, historian,
Nobel prize winner
short story writer.
A.Solzhenitsyn - Gulag Archipelago
Dechucka
2020-01-25 00:12:50 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Petzl
2020-01-25 00:20:19 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit
I said 2 km between the bush and a town
Farm home on property needs at least 1 km

The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:12:35 UTC
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
--
Ördög (Your scary shadow that says "Booo" in the dark)
Don't argue with the alt-right terrorism apologist/supporters, the

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
<http://www.loonwatch.com/category/anti-loons/>
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 01:26:33 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") can't do
arithmetic...

(Like that's a surprise. It can't even count.)
Post by Ördög
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km.
Both, you fucking moron. When are you going to learn to read?
Post by Ördög
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Might, shmight. Who, other than a watermelon, is going to leave bushfire
fuel in the back yard?
Post by Ördög
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash.
A tenth of a kilometre, you moron, is one hundred metres.
Cool, Calm and Collected. Like its occupants.
Petzl
2020-01-25 01:28:41 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
You are full of lying communist crap. The only communists in
Australia's are hiding under the banner of "Greens Party"
They are responsible for most if not all of the fires in Australia.

Ördög
2020-01-25 02:01:16 UTC
Petz
Petz
Dechucka
Petz snip
Post by Petzl
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a
tree and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm
home on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km
radius clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
You are full of lying communist crap.
What does a socio and econopolitical ideology have to do with bush
fires, ember attacks and burning plum trees???
Post by Petzl
The only communists in Australia's
are hiding under the banner of "Greens Party"
C'me Petz dear! Why should communists have to hide within the centre Left
Green Party?
Oh look, they don't need to hide: <https://www.cpa.org.au/>
Post by Petzl
They are responsible for most if not all of the fires in Australia.
You are keep repeating that BS w/o even a shred of evidence to prove it.
Voices in your head don't count as evidence!

Repetitions don't make phantasms into reality.

Rod Speed
That's bullshit. Most are started by lightning and accidents.
jonz
2020-01-25 05:14:40 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crap!
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:17:52 UTC
Post by jonz
Post by Rod Speed
That's bullshit. Most are started by lightning and accidents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crap!
Please show the analysis of how the recent fires have started in NSW.
Hope it is deeper and more accurate then your fantasies about the lack
of HRs in NSW
jonz
And *more* crap!.
Petzl
2020-01-25 01:30:31 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:48:51 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney. Concrete
tend not to burn easily even under ember attack.

Next!

Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:54:53 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney.
Lots of other fires however
I can see people heading off with the kids to a concrete-change
Ördög
2020-01-25 03:09:17 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on
fire by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the
dead tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet
it is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it
would be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney.
Lots of other fires however
True, although it is not concrete that fuels those fires.
Concrete tend not to burn easily even under ember attack.
I can see people heading off with the kids to a concrete-change
Well, at the moment that might be safer there than right in the middle of
the bush.

I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.

Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 03:17:42 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") is trying
to put on a cloak of intelligence...
No shit, sherlock. How long'd it take yer to work that out?
Dechucka
2020-01-25 03:33:53 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
[...]
Sadly to true.
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything. I see
even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Post by Ördög
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Building codes in bush-fire designated areas hve been tightened
severely, so much so that current insurance levels will not cover
rebuilding. In general people realize that their lovely bush-land or
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Fran
2020-01-25 04:29:15 UTC

Post by Dechucka
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Yep. I just posted a Youtube clip from Tim Minchin which shows how long
we've been getting the same advice and how little has been done by both
sides of politiics.

Some British said about our current bushfires, that Australia was the
canary in the coal mine. I'm starting to suspect he's right. If it's
not fires, its drought or dust storms or increasingly severe water
restrictions regardless of whether it's in rural towns and villages or
on rural blocks on tank water. Not that city dwellers know any of that.
Ördög
2020-01-25 04:49:15 UTC
Post by Dechucka
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Yep. I just posted a Youtube clip from Tim Minchin which shows how long
we've been getting the same advice and how little has been done by both
sides of politiics.
Some British said about our current bushfires, that Australia was the
canary in the coal mine. I'm starting to suspect he's right. If it's
not fires, its drought or dust storms or increasingly severe water
restrictions regardless of whether it's in rural towns and villages or
on rural blocks on tank water. Not that city dwellers know any of that.
Fran, Sydney is already on water restrictions level two, and three is
coming for sure. Funnily (or not so) enough I can still remember the
LNP's
artificial outrage about need for the Labor initiated building of the
water desalination plant (which, as it turned out, not nearly large
enough in view of the sever draught caused water scarcity). Given the
size and the rate of population plus industrial growth in the Sydney
basin we are not too far behind from the severity of the problems country
towns are now facing.

Raising the dam walls in Warragamba ( as the LNP intends to do) will do
bugger all for increasing water availability for Sydney, even if every LNP
member suddenly starts pissing into the catchment, as that bloody rain is
just not coming due to AGW caused climate change.
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:50:07 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.

Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Building codes in bush-fire designated areas hve been tightened severely,
so much so that current insurance levels will not cover rebuilding. In
general people realize that their lovely bush-land or farm property comes
with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire is increasing in many
areas due to AGW.
Bullshit it is. We saw a similar bushfire season in Victoria in 1850
and the only difference this time is that the drought is much more
widespread this time and there is not a shred of evidence that the
extent of drought in this country is due to AGW. And even if it is, there
is nothing we can do in this country that will change the world climate.

The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate
does change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to
adjust to what climate change does happen.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:11:09 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global. However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
rather than a country being dragged along because it's Gov is led by
people more interested in the next election rather than the future.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
We can be a leader
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate
does change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to
adjust to what climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation, in fact it seems that natural variation
is slowing the effects of AGW
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 05:41:59 UTC
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals
You *still* haven't worked that one out? You've been told, you moron.
Get a clue, for fuck's sake.

http://www.users.on.net/~nedlatham/Science/OzoneLayer/index.html
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 06:04:19 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
Post by Dechucka
However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
More fool you when it aint gunna happen.
Post by Dechucka
rather than a country being dragged along
Taint gunna happen either.
Post by Dechucka
because it's Gov is led by people more interested in the next election
Pollys always are.
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.

Even if the entire world was actually stupid enough to
down all coal and gas fired power generation, banned
all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of the world.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
In doing shit that wont change a thing climate wise.

Wont do a damned thing about the drought that
have been seen in this country for millennia now.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate does
change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to adjust to what
climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation,
The 1850 bushfires in Victoria proves that
the climate hasn’t changed due to GHGs
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
news18
I'll bet that it will not make the land any cheaper.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:38:20 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
[...]
Just carry on regardless. Nothing we can do will make
any difference to the incidence of drought or the worst
bushfire risk days. It isnt even feasible to cut down all
the native forests so they don’t burn like they do now.
Post by Ördög
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning
and building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
Wouldn’t have helped with the houses lost in Canberra in 2005
Post by Ördög
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
But it isnt feasible to rebuild them all so they are bushfire proof.

And isnt feasible to proclaim that no one can ever
rebuild a house which is lost to a bushfire eitheer.
Canberra proves that.

Its sort of marginall feasible to proclaim that none
of the very small towns burnt out by bushfire can
be rebuilt but that doesn’t do a damned thing about
rural houses not in towns and villages and its juist not
viable to proclaim that they have to live in big towns now.
Rod Speed
And that clearly didn’t work with Canberra anyway.
news18
2020-01-25 06:46:01 UTC
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it
was before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around
the corner.
Nice idea, but it is impossible to build flameproof building unless you
want to live in a hermetically sealed concrete box with overn glass and
air storage.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:53:21 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
[...]
heaps of fires both in Bondi and Campbelltown, houses have been burnt
down. Get with the programme.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 03:12:53 UTC
You're a lying maggot, Dopey.
news18
2020-01-25 06:43:48 UTC
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
What bullshit, Been plenty of fires between bondi beach and Campbelltown.
there is also acres of eucalyptus bush and trees as well.
Fran
2020-01-25 03:36:00 UTC
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
When the 2003 fires burned 500 houses in Canberra, there were burned
leaves on the beaches down the coast. I dunno how far that distance
would be as the crow flies but it'd have to be at least 70 kms, probably
more.
Rod Speed
125
news18
2020-01-25 06:41:42 UTC
Petz
Dechucka
Petz snip
Post by Petzl
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km
radius clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash.
We've had the cooked leaves and ash,yet we are probably triple the
distance away. Well, we still have the ash as it has ivaded inside and
I've still piles of surfaces to wipe down. Pretzel probaly doesn't do
dusting to notice.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:51:04 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit
I said 2 km between the bush and a town
Farm home on property needs at least 1 km
So why do you hate farmers? Shouldn't they be as safe as town people
Isn't it pez. What about the ember attack or radiant heat?
Fran
2020-01-24 23:44:00 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
Petzl
2020-01-25 00:22:02 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:01:07 UTC
Petz
FMurtz
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Nope, you're gravely mistaken. In this instance these vandals must have
been Islamist & Stalinist space
aliens. And now they are out to get you too!

Next!

Fran
2020-01-25 03:38:50 UTC
Petz
FMurtz
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
You're a liar as well as a moron.
Next!
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:48:19 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:30:01 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that. Pity about a similar bushfire in Victoria
in 1850
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:05:12 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up.  That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places.  I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
Post by Rod Speed
Pity about a similar bushfire in
Victoria in 1850
Similar to the NSW fires in what way? Maybe in area burnt but we are
fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery unlike in 1850
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 05:52:14 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
That pumping GHGs into the atmosphere has anything
to do with what is happening to the planet.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Pity about a similar bushfire in Victoria in 1850
Similar to the NSW fires
Nope, similar to the Victorian bushfires.
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
Post by Dechucka
Maybe in area burnt
No maybe about it.
Post by Dechucka
but we are fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery
unlike in 1850
Those are irrelevant in the worst bushfire days with
temps over 45C and winds over 50kmph, Once the
fire has crowned, all you can do is see how far it
gets before the wind and temperature changes.

The result seen in 1850 proves that
it has nothing to do with GHGs
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:36:57 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines,
Still do, there were two of those Hercs, one still being used.
Post by FMurtz
could that crew have been saving houses? may be the pines are more
important,
Corse they are, they are irreplaceable, houses arent.
So are we,
news18
2020-01-25 06:36:31 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
I'm for the wollemi pines over any home. As far as we know, they are
unique and we just might need some clue as to how they;ve survived for
all the years they did to ensure that we survive.

This is why it is important to lock up national parks as much as we can.
i know of nothing in our human history tha "nature" hasn't given us a
clue in the past.

As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication that we
are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 06:43:36 UTC
Post by news18
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Taint gunna happen, they are trees, stupid.
Post by news18
This is why it is important to lock up national parks as much as we can.
Even sillier than you usually manage and that’s saying something.
Post by news18
i know of nothing in our human history tha
"nature" hasn't given us a clue in the past.
That’s bullshit too with evolution.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:26:27 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Never, even if ScoMo is actually stupid enough to quit.