Australia fires: US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
Mattb
2020-01-23 23:01:33 UTC
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash

An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.

Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.

The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.

Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.

https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Peter Jason
2020-01-24 02:11:19 UTC
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Ned Latham
2020-01-24 02:40:19 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
Fires: when the big floods return;
Global warming: when we can walk to Tassie on the ice;
Bleached coral: when the lights go out.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:28:41 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
That would make it even worse, stupid.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 02:10:08 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Ned Latham
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Morrison: the next backstabbing;
That would make it even worse, stupid.
Nope. They don't talk about Rudd these days. Or Gillard. Turnbull and
Abbott have to go out of their way to get a mention...
Rod Speed
Still get mentioned, particularly when they remain in parliament, stupid.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 04:56:01 UTC
----snip----
Mentioned. Wow. Now there's a huge distraction from real news.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 05:04:23 UTC
Post by Ned Latham
----snip----
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Ned Latham
They don't talk about Rudd these days. Or Gillard. Turnbull
and Abbott have to go out of their way to get a mention...
Still get mentioned, particularly when they remain in parliament, stupid.
Mentioned.
Abbott was a lot more than just mentioned until he lost his seat.
Mattb
Well of the fires when they are over. Hopefully soon.
news18
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
FMurtz
2020-01-24 14:44:46 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
Ördög
2020-01-24 21:02:06 UTC
/snip/
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
Sadly similar hard decisions ever more frequently need to be made thanks
to LNP, which mindlessly cuts essential services in order to manufacture
so called budget surplussed, to deliver unnecessary tax cuts for their
business overlords and to cater for their capitalist libertarian and free
marketeering neo-liberal constituents' rabid ideologies.

Just imagine if the RFS was properly staffed and funded! Maybe we could
keep the Wollemi pines AND people's houses undamaged both at the same
time.

And just imagine, if Australian governments actually had proper policies
to mitigate AGW! Maybe if we had those at least the further warming of
the climate, a significant contributor to the fierceness of those fires
could be reduced.

Yes, just imagine, if we actually had a decent government and a saner
social and a saner econopolitical system in OZ!
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Ned Latham
2020-01-24 21:41:28 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") jumps on
another bandwagon...

----leftard drivel snipped----
Post by Ördög
Just imagine if the RFS was properly staffed and funded! Maybe we
could keep the Wollemi pines AND people's houses undamaged both
at the same time.
Just imagine if the watermelons hadn't sabotaged RFS and private
hazard reduction efforts with their idiot "environmentalism".
Post by Ördög
And just imagine, if Australian governments actually had proper
policies to mitigate AGW!
Just imagine if these AGW alarmistrs could get it into their pointy
little heads that *nothing* we do against AGW will have any effect
at all in anything less than half a century.
Post by Ördög
Maybe if we had those at least the further warming
of the climate, a significant contributor to the fierceness of
those fires could be reduced.
Maybe they'd realise along with the sane among us that we need first
to deal with the problems we have now.
Post by Ördög
Yes, just imagine, if we actually had a decent government and a saner
social and a saner econopolitical system in OZ!
Yap-Yap "thinks" that communism is sane. Apparently it's unaware that
communism violates the suyrvival imperative at a most basic level;
that there is *no* sustaining communism without massively expensive
and intrusive oppression of the entire population and except in
limited paradisical environments such as in Cuba, without massive
death tolls from idiotologically induced famines.

Yap-Yap wouldn't recognise either decency *or* sanity if they bit it
on the arse. It's a foul, diseased, white-anting lunatic.
Peter Jason
2020-01-24 21:28:40 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Good heavens! I have a Wollemi Pine grown from a small seedling, but
now too big for me. My cousin is meant to take it off my hands but
she will not show up.
https://postimg.cc/m1RRH1k3
Petzl
2020-01-24 22:02:20 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
They just weren’t doing Communism properly,
Say all of today’s Communists?

"It cannot be overstated,
Bolsheviks committed the greatest human slaughter
in modern history,and the fact that the world is
largely ignorant and uncaring about this fact is proof
that the global media are in the hands of the perpetrators"
Russian Gulag survivor,
novelist, historian,
Nobel prize winner
short story writer.
A.Solzhenitsyn - Gulag Archipelago
Dechucka
2020-01-25 00:12:50 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Petzl
2020-01-25 00:20:19 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit
I said 2 km between the bush and a town
Farm home on property needs at least 1 km

The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:12:35 UTC
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
--
Ördög (Your scary shadow that says "Booo" in the dark)
Don't argue with the alt-right terrorism apologist/supporters, the

They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience!
<http://www.loonwatch.com/category/anti-loons/>
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 01:26:33 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") can't do
arithmetic...

(Like that's a surprise. It can't even count.)
Post by Ördög
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km.
Both, you fucking moron. When are you going to learn to read?
Post by Ördög
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Might, shmight. Who, other than a watermelon, is going to leave bushfire
fuel in the back yard?
Post by Ördög
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash.
A tenth of a kilometre, you moron, is one hundred metres.
Cool, Calm and Collected. Like its occupants.
Petzl
2020-01-25 01:28:41 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
You are full of lying communist crap. The only communists in
Australia's are hiding under the banner of "Greens Party"
They are responsible for most if not all of the fires in Australia.

Ördög
2020-01-25 02:01:16 UTC
Petz
Petz
Dechucka
Petz snip
Post by Petzl
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a
tree and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm
home on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km
radius clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
You are full of lying communist crap.
What does a socio and econopolitical ideology have to do with bush
fires, ember attacks and burning plum trees???
Post by Petzl
The only communists in Australia's
are hiding under the banner of "Greens Party"
C'me Petz dear! Why should communists have to hide within the centre Left
Green Party?
Oh look, they don't need to hide: <https://www.cpa.org.au/>
Post by Petzl
They are responsible for most if not all of the fires in Australia.
You are keep repeating that BS w/o even a shred of evidence to prove it.
Voices in your head don't count as evidence!

Repetitions don't make phantasms into reality.

Rod Speed
That's bullshit. Most are started by lightning and accidents.
jonz
2020-01-25 05:14:40 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Petzl
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crap!
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:17:52 UTC
Post by jonz
Post by Rod Speed
That's bullshit. Most are started by lightning and accidents.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Crap!
Please show the analysis of how the recent fires have started in NSW.
Hope it is deeper and more accurate then your fantasies about the lack
of HRs in NSW
jonz
And *more* crap!.
Petzl
2020-01-25 01:30:31 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km radius
clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire by
an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead tinder
dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:48:51 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney. Concrete
tend not to burn easily even under ember attack.

Next!

Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:54:53 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney.
Lots of other fires however
I can see people heading off with the kids to a concrete-change
Ördög
2020-01-25 03:09:17 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on
fire by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the
dead tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet
it is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it
would be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
Amazingly there isn't any bush fires either in downtown Sydney.
Lots of other fires however
True, although it is not concrete that fuels those fires.
Concrete tend not to burn easily even under ember attack.
I can see people heading off with the kids to a concrete-change
Well, at the moment that might be safer there than right in the middle of
the bush.

I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.

Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 03:17:42 UTC
The ugly sow's lapdog, aka the Foreskin Peeler (you know, that
cowardly retard that sometimes calls itself "Ördög") is trying
to put on a cloak of intelligence...
No shit, sherlock. How long'd it take yer to work that out?
Dechucka
2020-01-25 03:33:53 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
[...]
Sadly to true.
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything. I see
even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Post by Ördög
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Building codes in bush-fire designated areas hve been tightened
severely, so much so that current insurance levels will not cover
rebuilding. In general people realize that their lovely bush-land or
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Fran
2020-01-25 04:29:15 UTC

Post by Dechucka
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Yep. I just posted a Youtube clip from Tim Minchin which shows how long
we've been getting the same advice and how little has been done by both
sides of politiics.

Some British said about our current bushfires, that Australia was the
canary in the coal mine. I'm starting to suspect he's right. If it's
not fires, its drought or dust storms or increasingly severe water
restrictions regardless of whether it's in rural towns and villages or
on rural blocks on tank water. Not that city dwellers know any of that.
Ördög
2020-01-25 04:49:15 UTC
Post by Dechucka
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Yep. I just posted a Youtube clip from Tim Minchin which shows how long
we've been getting the same advice and how little has been done by both
sides of politiics.
Some British said about our current bushfires, that Australia was the
canary in the coal mine. I'm starting to suspect he's right. If it's
not fires, its drought or dust storms or increasingly severe water
restrictions regardless of whether it's in rural towns and villages or
on rural blocks on tank water. Not that city dwellers know any of that.
Fran, Sydney is already on water restrictions level two, and three is
coming for sure. Funnily (or not so) enough I can still remember the
LNP's
artificial outrage about need for the Labor initiated building of the
water desalination plant (which, as it turned out, not nearly large
enough in view of the sever draught caused water scarcity). Given the
size and the rate of population plus industrial growth in the Sydney
basin we are not too far behind from the severity of the problems country
towns are now facing.

Raising the dam walls in Warragamba ( as the LNP intends to do) will do
bugger all for increasing water availability for Sydney, even if every LNP
member suddenly starts pissing into the catchment, as that bloody rain is
just not coming due to AGW caused climate change.
Ördög, without any apologies !!!
Fran
2020-01-25 10:18:59 UTC
Post by Dechucka
farm property comes with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire
is increasing in many areas due to AGW.
Yep. I just posted a Youtube clip from Tim Minchin which shows how long
we've been getting the same advice and how little has been done by both
sides of politiics.
Some British said about our current bushfires, that Australia was the
canary in the coal mine. I'm starting to suspect he's right. If it's
not fires, its drought or dust storms or increasingly severe water
restrictions regardless of whether it's in rural towns and villages or
on rural blocks on tank water. Not that city dwellers know any of that.
Fran, Sydney is already on water restrictions level two, and three is
coming for sure.
Come and live where I live and water is only one of the problems.
Yesterday, we had to go to a town about an hour's drive away dragging a
trailer. Giant dust storm. At times we had trouble seeing more than
100 metres ahead and it was at it's worse as we passed canola paddocks.
It can't have been good for the engine let alone our eyes.

Post by Ördög
LNP's
artificial outrage about need for the Labor initiated building of the
water desalination plant (which, as it turned out, not nearly large
enough in view of the sever draught caused water scarcity). Given the
size and the rate of population plus industrial growth in the Sydney
basin we are not too far behind from the severity of the problems country
towns are now facing.
I think it will take Sydney having the sort of probs we rurals get
before people will really wake up to the problems we've got as a nation.
I dunno how farmers are going to turn a profit if this drought ends.
The soil profile is as dead as a dodo and without living soil, it's hard
to produce a quality product. I've been making lactobacillus serum
hoping to help my own soil but can't see farmers trying thaton a broad
scale. Buggered if I know if it works but my soil has not been happy
and I've been cock a hoop if I found a worm - I think it works but if
it's just a placebo and I get more worms, I'll be happy.
Post by Ördög
Raising the dam walls in Warragamba ( as the LNP intends to do) will do
bugger all for increasing water availability for Sydney, even if every LNP
member suddenly starts pissing into the catchment, as that bloody rain is
just not coming due to AGW caused climate change.
I agree - no rain, no increase in dam or river level. You should see
the level of the 'Bidgee at Tharwa just south of Canberra. Bloody dire:
https://tinyurl.com/uhqdn4t
jonz
Are You tim flannery in disguise ????....Or just one more fuckwit????. <SHRUG>
news18
2020-01-25 11:10:52 UTC
I agree - no rain, no increase in dam or river level. You should see
https://tinyurl.com/uhqdn4t
The boss has been watching the flow, or rather non-flow of the Condamine
Rivers for the last few months. It starts at The Head and is the start of
what becomes the Darling River. Not looking good there either.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 15:34:04 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Fran
I agree - no rain, no increase in dam or river level. You should see
https://tinyurl.com/uhqdn4t
That’s not the whole bidgee,, stupid cow.
Post by news18
The boss has been watching the flow, or rather non-flow of the Condamine
Rivers for the last few months. It starts at The Head and is the start of
what becomes the Darling River. Not looking good there either.
Its all happened before and was fine once the drought
ended as it always does.
Fran
:-((
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:50:07 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.

Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
Building codes in bush-fire designated areas hve been tightened severely,
so much so that current insurance levels will not cover rebuilding. In
general people realize that their lovely bush-land or farm property comes
with a cost. Unfortunately the danger of bush-fire is increasing in many
areas due to AGW.
Bullshit it is. We saw a similar bushfire season in Victoria in 1850
and the only difference this time is that the drought is much more
widespread this time and there is not a shred of evidence that the
extent of drought in this country is due to AGW. And even if it is, there
is nothing we can do in this country that will change the world climate.

The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate
does change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to
adjust to what climate change does happen.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:11:09 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global. However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
rather than a country being dragged along because it's Gov is led by
people more interested in the next election rather than the future.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
We can be a leader
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate
does change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to
adjust to what climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation, in fact it seems that natural variation
is slowing the effects of AGW
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 05:41:59 UTC
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals
You *still* haven't worked that one out? You've been told, you moron.
Get a clue, for fuck's sake.

http://www.users.on.net/~nedlatham/Science/OzoneLayer/index.html
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 06:04:19 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Petz
Petz
/snip/
Post by Ördög
I wonder on the long term how will Australia adapt to the changing
climate.
If we follow the lead of the politicians we won't do anything.
There is nothing useful we can do that will change the climate.
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
Post by Dechucka
However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
More fool you when it aint gunna happen.
Post by Dechucka
rather than a country being dragged along
Taint gunna happen either.
Post by Dechucka
because it's Gov is led by people more interested in the next election
Pollys always are.
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.

Even if the entire world was actually stupid enough to
down all coal and gas fired power generation, banned
all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of the world.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
In doing shit that wont change a thing climate wise.

Wont do a damned thing about the drought that
have been seen in this country for millennia now.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate does
change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to adjust to what
climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation,
The 1850 bushfires in Victoria proves that
the climate hasn’t changed due to GHGs
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 10:39:18 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
So we fuck the world up because it costs to much? What will the future
costs of AGW be, typical short sighted thinking
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
More fool you when it aint gunna happen.
One can hope, we've been a leader before and I for one have hope we'll
lead not be a sheeple as you're happy with
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.
It is at the moment
Post by Rod Speed
Even if the entire world was actually stupid enough to
down all coal and gas fired power generation, banned
all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of the world.
All these things are effecting it now
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing
? population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Rainfall is decreasing and evaporation increasing
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
You are mixing up weather and climate
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate
does change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to adjust
to what climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation,
The 1850 bushfires in Victoria proves that
the climate hasn’t changed due to GHGs
What an inanely stupid comment
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in fact it seems that natural variation is slowing the effects of AGW
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
The science of GHG was shown in the 1820's. What effect has pumping
millions of tonnes of them into the atmosphere had? Explain the science
behind your answer
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 15:12:56 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
So we fuck the world up
No evidence that we are fucking the world up.

Even if say the result Greenland is getting currently
is due to man made climate change, we have seen
that before when the vikings choose to move there
and that worked out fine.
Post by Dechucka
because it costs to much?
Nope, because its pissing a vast amount of money
against the wall and will achieve nothing if we did.

Even if we scrapped all coal and gas fired power
stations and replaced them with nukes and wind
and solar and banned all aircraft and only used
nuke powered ships and banned all cars and
other vehicles and walked everywhere or rode
bikes everywhere, that would not see any useful;
change in the world climate.
Post by Dechucka
What will the future costs of AGW be,
Fuck all. It worked fine when the vikings moved
to greenland and will work fine again.
Post by Dechucka
typical short sighted thinking
Typical mindless hysteria in your case.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
However I would prefer Aus to be a leader
More fool you when it aint gunna happen.
One can hope,
Only a terminal fuckwit does with this issue.

Even if we scrapped all coal and gas fired power
stations and replaced them with nukes and wind
and solar and banned all aircraft and only used
nuke powered ships and banned all cars and
other vehicles and walked everywhere or rode
bikes everywhere, that would not see the rest
of the world actually stupid enough to copy us.
Post by Dechucka
we've been a leader before
But didn’t actually get others to do the same
because of that. We just happened to do it
earlier than the others with a few things like
votes for women, a national minimum wage,
the arbitration commission etc and none of
those cost much at all and didn’t fuck the
economy completely.
Post by Dechucka
and I for one have hope we'll lead
We never did and never will do, you watch,.
Post by Dechucka
not be a sheeple as you're happy with
Even sillier than you usually manage and that’s saying something.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.
It is at the moment
Nope, its certainly changing but it has done plenty
of times in the past. The result that greenland got
all those centurys ago wasn’t due to moving from
a hunter gatherer society to agriculture and even
if it was we did fine anyway.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if the entire world was actually stupid enough to
ban all coal and gas fired power generation, banned
all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of the world.
All these things are effecting it now
Bullshit they are given that Greenland was this warm before.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing ?
population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Rainfall is decreasing and evaporation increasing
Bullshit it is with both and more dams would work fine even if they were.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
Wrong, as always. We have seen the climate that
we are seeing in Greenland today, before and it
worked fine then and will work fine again.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
The only thing that is feasible is to accept the fact that climate does
change quite dramatically naturally and work out how to adjust to what
climate change does happen.
This is not natural variation,
The 1850 bushfires in Victoria proves that
the climate hasn’t changed due to GHGs
What an inanely stupid comment
You never could bullshit your way out of a wet paper bag.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in fact it seems that natural variation is slowing the effects of AGW
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
The science of GHG was shown in the 1820's.
But Greenland proves that it isnt the reason that
Greenland is again seeing the climate that it saw
when the vikings chose to move there.
Post by Dechucka
What effect has pumping millions of tonnes of them into the atmosphere
had?
Clearly none given that Greenland is again seeing
the climate that it did a millennium ago when the
only GHGs was methane from some domesticated
animals and the use of wood for heating and cooking.
Just did. >
Dechucka
2020-01-25 20:25:00 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
So we fuck the world up
No evidence that we are fucking the world up.
Of course there is. We are throwing our waste out into the environment.
Hey it is just like littering except on a larger scale.
Post by Rod Speed
Even if say the result Greenland is getting currently
is due to man made climate change, we have seen
that before when the vikings choose to move there
and that worked out fine.
you're mixing up natural climate variation with AGW.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
because it costs to much?
Nope, because its pissing a vast amount of money
against the wall and will achieve nothing if we did.
Even if we scrapped all coal and gas fired power
stations and replaced them with nukes and wind
and solar and banned all aircraft and only used
nuke powered ships and banned all cars and
other vehicles and walked everywhere or rode
bikes everywhere, that would not see any useful;
change in the world climate.
Why not?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What will the future costs of AGW be,
Fuck all.
A tad pricey at the moment

Post by Dechucka
typical short sighted thinking
Typical mindless hysteria in your case.
Sorry the science of AGW has been around since the 1820s
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
we've been a leader before
But didn’t actually get others to do the same
because of that. We just happened to do it
earlier than the others with a few things like
votes for women, a national minimum wage,
the arbitration commission etc and none of
those cost much at all and didn’t fuck the
economy completely.
As the world goes to shit in a hand-bag RS as he he keels over from old
age in the next year or 2 will still be croaking "It's OK the economy is
strong"
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.
It is at the moment
Nope, its certainly changing but it has done plenty
of times in the past. The result that greenland got
all those centurys ago wasn’t due to moving from
a hunter gatherer society to agriculture and even
if it was we did fine anyway.
What point are you trying to make?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an
increasing ? population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Rainfall is decreasing and evaporation increasing
Bullshit it is with both and more dams would work fine even if they were.
LOL are you really serious?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
What is it with you and Greenland. Why was Greenland warmer before? What
was the science behing the gradual change in climate that allowed
adaptation?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in fact it seems that natural variation is slowing the effects of AGW
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
The science of GHG was shown in the 1820's.
But Greenland proves that it isnt the reason that
Greenland is again seeing the climate that it saw
when the vikings chose to move there.
What do you believe the scientific basis in the changes in Greenland's
climates?
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What effect has pumping millions of tonnes of them into the atmosphere
had?
Clearly none
How can that be?

You didn't because you're a scientific ignoramus and a Luddite.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 21:45:26 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if we shut down all coal and gas fired power generation,
banned all cars and vehicles and walked everywhere, that would
have no effect what so ever on the climate of this country.
As with the situation of acid rain and ozone depleting chemicals the
reaction needs to be Global.
Taint gunna happen because the cost is much higher
than it was with acid rain and ozone chemicals.
So we fuck the world up
No evidence that we are fucking the world up.
Of course there is. We are throwing our waste out into the environment.
In fact we do a lot less of that than we used to.
Post by Dechucka
Hey it is just like littering except on a larger scale.
Nothing like in fact.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Even if say the result Greenland is getting currently
is due to man made climate change, we have seen
that before when the vikings choose to move there
and that worked out fine.
you're mixing up natural climate variation with AGW.
Nope, I am saying that whatever the cause of
that climate change, it worked fine in viking
times anyway. The sky didn’t fall, chicken little.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
because it costs to much?
Nope, because its pissing a vast amount of money
against the wall and will achieve nothing if we did.
Even if we scrapped all coal and gas fired power
stations and replaced them with nukes and wind
and solar and banned all aircraft and only used
nuke powered ships and banned all cars and
other vehicles and walked everywhere or rode
bikes everywhere, that would not see any useful;
change in the world climate.
Why not?
Because even with all those GHGs in the atmosphere there
has in fact been sweet fuck all change in the world's climate.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What will the future costs of AGW be,
Fuck all.
A tad pricey at the moment
That’s bullshit. The 1850 bushfire season was just as bad in Victoria.
Post by Dechucka
typical short sighted thinking
Typical mindless hysteria in your case.
Sorry the science of AGW has been around since the 1820s
But we have in fact seen sweet fuck all change of climate due to that.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
we've been a leader before
But didn’t actually get others to do the same
because of that. We just happened to do it
earlier than the others with a few things like
votes for women, a national minimum wage,
the arbitration commission etc and none of
those cost much at all and didn’t fuck the
economy completely.
As the world goes to shit in a hand-bag
It is in fact doing nothing of the sort;.

<reams of your shit flushed where it belongs>

And nothing this country does will have any
effect on what the rest of the world does anyway.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
rather than the future.
Nothing the world can do will have any effect on world climate.
It is at the moment
Nope, its certainly changing but it has done plenty
of times in the past. The result that greenland got
all those centurys ago wasn’t due to moving from
a hunter gatherer society to agriculture and even
if it was we did fine anyway.
What point are you trying to make?
That climate is always changing and we handle that fine.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
I see even Darwin is getting worried about water with an increasing
? population but also increased evaporation from the dams
Trivial to ban watered gardens.
Darwin IN THE TROPICS is looking at water shortages
Because they are too stupid to have built enough dams to catch
the monsoon rains and use those in the dry season, stupid.
Rainfall is decreasing and evaporation increasing
Bullshit it is with both and more dams would work fine even if they were.
LOL are you really serious?
Corse I am when monsoons are inevitable there.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
[...]
It’s the proof that we handled that climate change fine.
Post by Dechucka
Why was Greenland warmer before?
Doesn’t matter, we handled that fine.
Post by Dechucka
What was the science behing the gradual change in climate that allowed
adaptation?
Its just as gradual now. The Thames used to freeze
over at one time, it doesn’t now. Even the poms did
manage to handle that fine, even tho snow does see
their badly designed railway system grind to a halt
for a short time when that happens.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in fact it seems that natural variation is slowing the effects of AGW
There is no effect of AGW and the 1850 bushfires proves that.
The science of GHG was shown in the 1820's.
But Greenland proves that it isnt the reason that
Greenland is again seeing the climate that it saw
when the vikings chose to move there.
What do you believe the scientific basis in the changes in Greenland's
climates?
Irrelevant to the fact that we handled that climate change fine.

We also handled the change in sea levels by HUNDREDS OF
FEET in previous times fine too, also due to climate change.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What effect has pumping millions of tonnes of them into the atmosphere
had?
Clearly none
How can that be?
Because the change in CO2 levels that you stupid
hysterics keep mindlessly hyperventilating about
clearly has fuck all effect on the world climate.
Post by Dechucka
Explain the science behind your answer
Just did. >
<reams of the ad hom shit you always end up
with when you have got done like a fucking dinner,
as you always are, flushed where it belongs>
news18
I'll bet that it will not make the land any cheaper.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:38:20 UTC
Petz
Petz
/snip/
[...]
Just carry on regardless. Nothing we can do will make
any difference to the incidence of drought or the worst
bushfire risk days. It isnt even feasible to cut down all
the native forests so they don’t burn like they do now.
Post by Ördög
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning
and building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
Wouldn’t have helped with the houses lost in Canberra in 2005
Post by Ördög
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it was
before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around the
corner.
But it isnt feasible to rebuild them all so they are bushfire proof.

And isnt feasible to proclaim that no one can ever
rebuild a house which is lost to a bushfire eitheer.
Canberra proves that.

Its sort of marginall feasible to proclaim that none
of the very small towns burnt out by bushfire can
be rebuilt but that doesn’t do a damned thing about
rural houses not in towns and villages and its juist not
viable to proclaim that they have to live in big towns now.
Rod Speed
And that clearly didn’t work with Canberra anyway.
news18
2020-01-25 06:46:01 UTC
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it
was before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around
the corner.
Nice idea, but it is impossible to build flameproof building unless you
want to live in a hermetically sealed concrete box with overn glass and
air storage.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 08:10:58 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Ördög
Amongst other things on the to do list an improved land zoning and
building code (properly enforced) would be a real action item.
If people just rebuilt what has been burn down exactly the same as it
was before, the next unavoidable disaster would be just waiting around
the corner.
Nice idea, but it is impossible to build flameproof building
No its not.
Post by news18
unless you want to live in a hermetically sealed
concrete box with overn glass and air storage.
That’s bullshit too. Intumescent shutters
for the windows and sprinklers work fine.

Even oxygen in cylinders for oxygen masks.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 10:42:12 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
unless you want to live in a hermetically sealed
concrete box with overn glass and air storage.
That’s bullshit too. Intumescent shutters
for the windows and sprinklers work fine.
Do they, what conditions are they rated to?
news18
2020-01-25 11:12:20 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Even oxygen in cylinders for oxygen masks.
Only an idiot uses oxygen. you'll just below yourself up if an ember gets
in.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 11:34:02 UTC
----snip----
Post by Rod Speed
Even oxygen in cylinders for oxygen masks.
Only an idiot uses oxygen. you'll just blow yourself up if an ember
gets in.
Not a chance. Oxygen doesn't burn.

Yair, I know, that sounds off the planet, but it's a fact.
Oxygen is necessary for other things to burn (like trees and
grass and stuff), but doesn't itself burn. If you throw a
burning ember into a vessel of pure oxygen, it will burn more
quickly than it would in air, and once it's burnt, the fire
goes out. The remaining oxygen has no effect, regardless of
temperature, and is itself unaffected.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 15:36:30 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Even oxygen in cylinders for oxygen masks.
Only an idiot uses oxygen. you'll just below yourself up if an ember gets
in.
Not when its used like in hospitals with masks.

They never blew anything up when they were allowed to smoke,

Same with heavy aircraft when they were allowed to smoke too.
Dechucka
When was smoking and the use of O2 allowed at the same time in aircraft?
Rod Speed
Anything any bushfire can produce.
Dechucka
RatShit
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 21:10:10 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
unless you want to live in a hermetically sealed
concrete box with overn glass and air storage.
That’s bullshit too. Intumescent shutters
for the windows and sprinklers work fine.
Do they, what conditions are they rated to?
Anything any bushfire can produce.
RatShit
Fact, and its been extensively researched by the
CSIRO etc after the worst of the previous bushfires.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 21:15:41 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
unless you want to live in a hermetically sealed
concrete box with overn glass and air storage.
That’s bullshit too. Intumescent shutters
for the windows and sprinklers work fine.
Do they, what conditions are they rated to?
Anything any bushfire can produce.
RatShit
Fact, and its been extensively researched by the
CSIRO etc after the worst of the previous bushfires.
So lets see this research that intumescent shutters (I assume you mean
shutters with intumescent seals) for the windows and sprinklers work
fine to stop 'Anything any bushfire can produce'.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:53:21 UTC
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 01:12:35 +0000 (UTC), Ördög
Post by Ördög
Petz
Petz
[...]
heaps of fires both in Bondi and Campbelltown, houses have been burnt
down. Get with the programme.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 03:12:53 UTC
You're a lying maggot, Dopey.
news18
2020-01-25 06:43:48 UTC
No fires in Bondi Beach to Campbelltown, no eucalyptus bush near them
anywhere
What bullshit, Been plenty of fires between bondi beach and Campbelltown.
there is also acres of eucalyptus bush and trees as well.
Fran
2020-01-25 03:36:00 UTC
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash. Just imagine what it would
be like if the firestorm was 2km away let alone 1 km.
When the 2003 fires burned 500 houses in Canberra, there were burned
leaves on the beaches down the coast. I dunno how far that distance
would be as the crow flies but it'd have to be at least 70 kms, probably
more.
Rod Speed
125
news18
2020-01-25 06:41:42 UTC
Petz
Dechucka
Petz snip
Post by Petzl
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit I said 2 km between the bush and a town Farm home
on property needs at least 1 km
So which it is, 1 or 2 Km. Anyhow you are on record demanding 1 km
radius clearings, so your point is what?
The plum tree in backyard is not going to burn you down
It might under this year's ultra dry conditions once it is set on fire
by an intensive ember attack igniting the fallen leaves and the dead
tinder dry grass around it alight.
Hey, my garden is 10ths of kilometres away from the nearest fire yet it
is still full of cooked gum leavers and ash.
We've had the cooked leaves and ash,yet we are probably triple the
distance away. Well, we still have the ash as it has ivaded inside and
I've still piles of surfaces to wipe down. Pretzel probaly doesn't do
dusting to notice.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:51:04 UTC
Plant it in a local park, check with council.
Increasing the bush-fire danger, remember at least 1 km between a tree
and a house according to you
Again spin and deceit
I said 2 km between the bush and a town
Farm home on property needs at least 1 km
So why do you hate farmers? Shouldn't they be as safe as town people
Isn't it pez. What about the ember attack or radiant heat?
Fran
2020-01-24 23:44:00 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
Petzl
2020-01-25 00:22:02 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"

Ördög
2020-01-25 01:01:07 UTC
Petz
FMurtz
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Nope, you're gravely mistaken. In this instance these vandals must have
been Islamist & Stalinist space
aliens. And now they are out to get you too!

Next!

Fran
2020-01-25 03:38:50 UTC
Petz
FMurtz
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
You're a liar as well as a moron.
Next!
Dechucka
2020-01-25 02:48:19 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 04:30:01 UTC
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that. Pity about a similar bushfire in Victoria
in 1850
Dechucka
2020-01-25 05:05:12 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up.  That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places.  I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
Post by Rod Speed
Pity about a similar bushfire in
Victoria in 1850
Similar to the NSW fires in what way? Maybe in area burnt but we are
fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery unlike in 1850
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 05:52:14 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
That pumping GHGs into the atmosphere has anything
to do with what is happening to the planet.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Pity about a similar bushfire in Victoria in 1850
Similar to the NSW fires
Nope, similar to the Victorian bushfires.
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
Post by Dechucka
Maybe in area burnt
No maybe about it.
Post by Dechucka
but we are fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery
unlike in 1850
Those are irrelevant in the worst bushfire days with
temps over 45C and winds over 50kmph, Once the
fire has crowned, all you can do is see how far it
gets before the wind and temperature changes.

The result seen in 1850 proves that
it has nothing to do with GHGs
Dechucka
2020-01-25 10:47:40 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up.  That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places.  I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to
my planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
That pumping GHGs into the atmosphere has anything
to do with what is happening to the planet.
Sorry the science of GHG propertiess goes back to the 1820s.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
wrong
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Maybe in area burnt
No maybe about it.
Post by Dechucka
but we are fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery
unlike in 1850
Those are irrelevant in the worst bushfire days with
temps over 45C and winds over 50kmph, Once the
fire has crowned, all you can do is see how far it
gets before the wind and temperature changes.
Wrong again, that is where the use of aircraft esp the LATs and VLATs
come into play as they can put in long retardant lines allowing tankers
to go into property protection against ember attack and the lesser
radiant heat attack.
Post by Rod Speed
The result seen in 1850 proves that
it has nothing to do with GHGs
That proves nothing except that you are scientifically ignorant. Not an
ad hom just stating a fact
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 15:25:26 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up. That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places. I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening to my
planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
That pumping GHGs into the atmosphere has anything
to do with what is happening to the planet.
Sorry the science of GHG propertiess goes back to the 1820s.
And Greenland proves that what climate
change we have seen isnt due to them.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
wrong
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Maybe in area burnt
No maybe about it.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Australian_bushfire_seasons#1800s
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
but we are fighting the fires with tankers, aircraft heavy machinery
unlike in 1850
Those are irrelevant in the worst bushfire days with
temps over 45C and winds over 50kmph, Once the
fire has crowned, all you can do is see how far it
gets before the wind and temperature changes.
Wrong again,
Nope.
Post by Dechucka
that is where the use of aircraft esp the LATs and VLATs come into play as
they can put in long retardant lines allowing tankers to go into property
protection against ember attack and the lesser radiant heat attack.
Doesn’t do a damned thing about burning embers
moving tens of kms in those strong winds and very
high temps spreading the fire way past any
retardant lines.

They are useful for putting out spot fires due to
lightning strikes before the worst bushfire days
but one the weather is the worst it gets, all you
can do is attempt to save a few houses and
see where it ends up and get people to leave
before the worst weather shows up so that
they don’t have to move to the beach like
they did at Mallacoota.
<reams of your stupid shit flushed where it belongs>
Dechucka
2020-01-25 19:58:07 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by FMurtz
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines, could that crew have
been saving houses? may be the pines are more important, I do not
know.Lucky I did not have to decide.
I was pleased to learn of that but I was very sad to hear that the Sugar
Pines near Batlow went up.  That Sugar Pine walk was one of the most
truly spectacular of places.  I hope the Sugar pines come back.
All destroyed by the "Greens"
Aren't the Greens the ones really pointing out what is happening
to my planet because people keep pumping GHGs into the atmosphere?
They are in fact lying about that.
Lying about what?
That pumping GHGs into the atmosphere has anything
to do with what is happening to the planet.
Sorry the science of GHG propertiess goes back to the 1820s.
And Greenland proves that what climate
change we have seen isnt due to them.
What effect does pumping millions of tonnes of gases with greenhouse
properties into the atmosphere? Please include the scientific basis of
your argument.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
wrong
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires
Different fires you moron
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
that is where the use of aircraft esp the LATs and VLATs come into
play as they can put in long retardant lines allowing tankers to go
into property protection against ember attack and the lesser radiant
heat attack.
Doesn’t do a damned thing about burning embers
moving tens of kms in those strong winds and very
high temps spreading the fire way past any
retardant lines.
Read what I said about the use of aircraft and ground assets
Post by Rod Speed
They are useful for putting out spot fires due to
lightning strikes
Total waste of resources using them for spot-fires.

Post by Rod Speed
but one the weather is the worst it gets, all you
can do is attempt to save a few houses and
see where it ends up and get people to leave
before the worst weather shows up so that
they don’t have to move to the beach like
they did at Mallacoota.
The VLAT and LAT are very useful in asset protection on these days, not
the panacea but part of the mix. If you believe fire-fighting in the
1800s were effective as the are today your more of a fool than I thought.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 21:17:10 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
On Sat, 25 Jan 2020 10:44:00 +1100, Fran
Post by Fran
Post by FMurtz
[...]
Clearly fuck all given that we saw Greenland like this
without it previously and saw the same conditions for
bushfires in Victoria in 1859 without it.
Post by Dechucka
Please include the scientific basis of your argument.
Just did.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
wrong
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires
Different fires you moron
Just a different area where it happened, fuckwit.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
that is where the use of aircraft esp the LATs and VLATs come into play
as they can put in long retardant lines allowing tankers to go into
property protection against ember attack and the lesser radiant heat
attack.
Doesn’t do a damned thing about burning embers
moving tens of kms in those strong winds and very
high temps spreading the fire way past any
retardant lines.
Read what I said about the use of aircraft and ground assets
It is useless, as I said, in those worst conditions.
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
They are useful for putting out spot fires due to
lightning strikes
Total waste of resources using them for spot-fires.
Not when they are inaccessible as they often are.
Post by Rod Speed
but one the weather is the worst it gets, all you
can do is attempt to save a few houses and
see where it ends up and get people to leave
before the worst weather shows up so that
they don’t have to move to the beach like
they did at Mallacoota.
The VLAT and LAT are very useful in asset protection on these days,
Sure, but that doesn’t stop the crowned
bushfire and clearly doesn’t do a damned
thing about a fire like Mallacoota saw.
Post by Dechucka
not the panacea but part of the mix.
But doesn’t work on those worst bushfire days.
Post by Dechucka
If you believe fire-fighting in the 1800s were effective as the are today
Having fun thrashing that straw man ?
Post by Dechucka
Dechucka
2020-01-25 21:27:55 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What effect does pumping millions of tonnes of gases with greenhouse
properties into the atmosphere?
Clearly fuck all
How can that be scientifically true given that the science of the effect
of GHGs foes back to the 1820s. You probably pumping shit into rivers is
OK because it washes away.

Post by Dechucka
Please include the scientific basis of your argument.
Just did.
None there because you can't logically explain why pumping millions of
tonnes of GHGs into the atmosphere has no effect.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
in what way?
Area burnt out, stock killed, people killed, houses burnt out.
wrong
Nope.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires
Different fires you moron
Just a different area where it happened, fuckwit.
Try and remember what you posted previously and keep your arguments
consistent but still inane.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
that is where the use of aircraft esp the LATs and VLATs come into
play as they can put in long retardant lines allowing tankers to go
into property protection against ember attack and the lesser radiant
heat attack.
Doesn’t do a damned thing about burning embers
moving tens of kms in those strong winds and very
high temps spreading the fire way past any
retardant lines.
Read what I said about the use of aircraft and ground assets
It is useless, as I said, in those worst conditions.
You've got no idea do you. Oh well at least you're blissful.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
but one the weather is the worst it gets, all you
can do is attempt to save a few houses and
see where it ends up and get people to leave
before the worst weather shows up so that
they don’t have to move to the beach like
they did at Mallacoota.
The VLAT and LAT are very useful in asset protection on these days,
Sure, but that doesn’t stop the crowned
bushfire and clearly doesn’t do a damned
thing about a fire like Mallacoota saw.
Not sure if VLATs/LATs were available in Mallacoota.
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
not the panacea but part of the mix.
But doesn’t work on those worst bushfire days.
Of course it does which is why we call them in, come on you must have
seen them on TV on catastrophic days putting in property protection
retardant lines. You've forgotten already?
It is a fact.
Ned Latham
2020-01-25 21:42:20 UTC
----snip----
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
What effect does pumping millions of tonnes of gases with greenhouse
properties into the atmosphere?
Clearly fuck all
How can that be scientifically true given that the science of the effect
of GHGs foes back to the 1820s.
Some knowledge of the greenhouse effect does not equate to "the science of
the effect".
Post by Dechucka
Please include the scientific basis of your argument.
Just did.
None there because you can't logically explain why pumping millions of
tonnes of GHGs into the atmosphere has no effect.
No need. It's up to you to show why you blame AGW when it's absent from
similar events in the past.

----snip----
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Dechucka
Post by Rod Speed
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Thursday_bushfires
Different fires you moron
Just a different area where it happened, fuckwit.
Try and remember what you posted previously and keep your arguments
consistent
Practise what you preach.
Post by Dechucka
but still inane.
You can keep that distinction to yourself.

----snip----
Irrelevant. It's also a straw man.
Fran
:-))))))
Fran
All one can do is grin when seeing this sort of exchange.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:36:57 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison, Fires,
Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
You'd be safer to say never. His name will live for the infamy of it all.
At least we had a crew to save the wollemi pines,
Still do, there were two of those Hercs, one still being used.
Post by FMurtz
could that crew have been saving houses? may be the pines are more
important,
Corse they are, they are irreplaceable, houses arent.
So are we,
news18
2020-01-25 06:36:31 UTC
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
I'm for the wollemi pines over any home. As far as we know, they are
unique and we just might need some clue as to how they;ve survived for
all the years they did to ensure that we survive.

This is why it is important to lock up national parks as much as we can.
i know of nothing in our human history tha "nature" hasn't given us a
clue in the past.

As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication that we
are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 06:43:36 UTC
Post by news18
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
[...]
Taint gunna happen, they are trees, stupid.
Post by news18
i know of nothing in our human history tha
"nature" hasn't given us a clue in the past.
That’s bullshit too with evolution.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
jonz
2020-01-25 06:59:25 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
Post by FMurtz
Post by news18
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Ya think?.. Have read up on the declining usefulness of antibiotics.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 10:50:02 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't heard of
multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 15:30:32 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't
heard of multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
Corse I have but there is no evidence that we are about to
face some NEW strains of that in enough volume to matter
and even if we did, isolation works fine as ebola proves.

Yes I know that ebola is a virus, but isolation works
even better with bacteria,
Dechucka
2020-01-25 20:03:47 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't heard of
multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
Corse I have but there is no evidence that we are about to face some NEW
strains of that in enough volume to matter
Really? I think you better be a bit more concerned than the position of
ignorance you take.
and even if we did, isolation works fine as ebola proves.
Working well with the novel corona-virus isn't it
Yes I know that ebola is a virus, but isolation works
even better with bacteria,
We're very lucky that a lot of these viral hemorrhagic fevers occur in
isolated areas
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 21:22:13 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't heard of
multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
Corse I have but there is no evidence that we are about to face some NEW
strains of that in enough volume to matter
Really?
Yep.
Post by Dechucka
I think you better be a bit more concerned than the position of ignorance
you take.
No need, taint gunna happen and a NEW one
isnt going to be multi antibiotic RESISTANT
by definition, you pig ignorant clown.
Post by Dechucka
and even if we did, isolation works fine as ebola proves.
Working well with the novel corona-virus isn't it
Only just been used in the last couple of days.
Post by Dechucka
Yes I know that ebola is a virus, but isolation works even better with
bacteria,
We're very lucky that a lot of these viral hemorrhagic fevers occur in
isolated areas
That’s bullshit too. Isolation works fine anywhere.

Which might just be why the confirmed case in a
chinese person in Melbourne is in isolation now.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 21:38:32 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't heard of
multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
Corse I have but there is no evidence that we are about to face some
NEW strains of that in enough volume to matter
Really?
Yep.
Unfortunately we are seeing new STRAINS ( genetically different from the
norm) bacteria that are multiply resistant.
Post by Dechucka
and even if we did, isolation works fine as ebola proves.
Working well with the novel corona-virus isn't it
Only just been used in the last couple of days.
Isolation doesn't work in these days of easy international travel
How many cases in Aus?
Fran
2020-01-25 21:46:36 UTC
Post by Rod Speed
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems, there is a good indication
that we are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
Bullshit and we have antibiotics if it did.
So as a scientific ignoramus you obviously haven't heard of
multi-antibiotic resistant bacteria
:-)) Even I've heard of it and one doesn't get much more science
ignoramus than me.

I'm allergic to Penicillin and my doctor recently insisted that I go to
an immunologist to confirm that I was really and truly allergic. My
doctor was worried that it'd be much better if I could be treated with
common old penicillin and reserve the other antibiotics for when we
might need to use bigger guns.

The immunologist gave no joy.

Fran
2020-01-25 10:22:58 UTC
Post by news18
As well as the current virus problems,
Fun times?

?? Care to share wha tthey might be?
Dechucka
2020-01-25 10:52:02 UTC
Post by news18
are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
?? Care to share wha tthey might be?
TB, gonorrhea, MRSA, MRSE and and and .... Lots of multi resistant
bacteria going around including in the non-hospital environment.
Fran
So it's 'new' as in old things are evolving...?
news18
2020-01-25 11:51:23 UTC
Post by news18
are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
?? Care to share wha tthey might be?
Off the top of my head, aka I'd have to search it up again, but the last
great antibiotic is no longer so great. They haver three strains of it
and two out of the three strains are effectively useless and the thrird
strain is only effective in about 90% of cases.

The first problem was that by the time they work out which strain was
useful, you are likely to be dead, especially if you have weakened immune
system.

The real problem is is the particular bug has managed to generate the
resistance to the antibiotic in three seperate locations through out the
world. They can not find any link to show how an initial mutation could
have spread.

Sorry, I can not give you a link, but "resistant superbug" seems as
common as "daily news" no matter what other combination I try with it.

For anyone else behind the times, try combining arstechica or slashdot
with "resistant superbug" for background to this struggle.

None of these are the article i'm looking for.
Dechucka
2020-01-25 20:12:16 UTC
Post by news18
Post by news18
[...]
OK only wiki but not a bad overview of drug resistance in viruses and
bacteria https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Multiple_drug_resistance. The
problem is that drug resistant bacteria are moving from hospital
acquired infections with some of the weird and wonderful bugs to common
infections like e.coli, Streptococcus pneumoniae, staph aureus acquired
in the community by otherwise healthy people.
Fran
2020-01-25 21:39:32 UTC
Post by news18
Post by news18
are about to face some new, dangerous bacterial problems.
?? Care to share wha tthey might be?
Off the top of my head, aka I'd have to search it up again, but the last
great antibiotic is no longer so great. They haver three strains of it
and two out of the three strains are effectively useless and the thrird
strain is only effective in about 90% of cases.
The first problem was that by the time they work out which strain was
useful, you are likely to be dead, especially if you have weakened immune
system.
Yep that all makes sense.
Post by news18
The real problem is is the particular bug has managed to generate the
resistance to the antibiotic in three seperate locations through out the
world. They can not find any link to show how an initial mutation could
have spread.
Sorry, I can not give you a link, but "resistant superbug" seems as
common as "daily news" no matter what other combination I try with it.
For anyone else behind the times, try combining arstechica or slashdot
with "resistant superbug" for background to this struggle.
I've had personal experience of needing a 'new' drug (or perhaps more
correctly, still in the develpment/testing phase).

I'd been hospitalised with some nasty infection at a time when I was
undergoing cancer treatment and nothing was being effective against the
bug I had. The only reason why I know or remember the need was for a
'new' treatment is that hospital's head 'bug' man came to see me and
stayed and chatted for quite a long time. The nurses were all agog that
a) he'd been seen out of his lab with a real live patient and b) he'd
stayed and talked to me (as in a normal conversational way) for what
they considered was a long time. I just thought he was normal and
interesting and not at all oddly geeky as the nurses did. Anyway, the
upshot was that the bug man had had to gain signed approval from the PM
for me to get access to and to use that drug on a real patient. It
worked but I've no idea what the drug was.
Rod Speed
2020-01-25 01:26:27 UTC
Post by Peter Jason
Post by Mattb
US crew dead in firefighting plane crash
An air tanker has crashed in a fireball while fighting bushfires in
Australia, killing the three people on board.
Officials lost contact with the C-130 Hercules plane shortly before
13:30 local time (02:30 GMT) on Thursday.
The cause of the crash in the Snowy Mountains in New South Wales (NSW)
state is not yet known. The victims were American residents.
Australian Prime Minister Scott Morrison and NSW Premier Gladys
Berejiklian have expressed condolences for the firefighters' families.
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-australia-51217076
Sad, but when are we to see the end of news about Morrison,
Fires, Global warming, and bleached coral. When?
Never, even if ScoMo is actually stupid enough to quit.