Walter and Eliza Hall Institute to trial prophylactic hydroxychloroquine in Victorian front-line healthcare workers
2020-03-25 23:38:11 UTC
OK this cite is from 3AW but it was reported on the ABC. Given the
side-effects probably not for everybody but may be good for at risk
populations

https://www.3aw.com.au/coronavirus-shield-drug-could-be-trialled-on-victorian-healthcare-workers-in-four-weeks/

Researchers at Victoria’s Walter and Eliza Hall Institute are testing
the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, to protect people
from contracting coronavirus when exposed to it.

Infectious disease physician from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute,
Professor Marc Pellegrini, said the clinical trial of the drug on
Victorian frontline healthcare workers could begin in four weeks.

“We would have some indicative results within about three to four months
after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
news18
2020-03-26 00:26:48 UTC
Post by Dechucka
Researchers at Victoria’s Walter and Eliza Hall Institute are testing
the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, to protect people
from contracting coronavirus when exposed to it.
Infectious disease physician from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute,
Professor Marc Pellegrini, said the clinical trial of the drug on
Victorian frontline healthcare workers could begin in four weeks.
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four months
after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
What was that definition of stupi? ; repeating the same thing tme after
time and hopping for a different outcome?
Or do they not trust the results coming out of China & USA.
Both have tested it and all confirmed the side effects but neither have
achieved reliable results. Also shoud result in more people dying as they
self experiment. Just so long as they are Darwinian.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 00:36:06 UTC
Post by Dechucka
Researchers at Victoria’s Walter and Eliza Hall Institute are testing
the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, to protect people
from contracting coronavirus when exposed to it.
Infectious disease physician from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute,
Professor Marc Pellegrini, said the clinical trial of the drug on
Victorian frontline healthcare workers could begin in four weeks.
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four months
after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
What was that definition of stupi? ; repeating the same thing tme after
time and hopping for a different outcome?
Or do they not trust the results coming out of China & USA.
I've not seen any trial results out of the US or China with
hydroxychloroquine for chemoprophylaxis. At least one of the trials out
of China publish in , I think in BioScience Trends at the beginning of
this month, showed treatment benefits with chloroquine.
Post by Dechucka
Both have tested it and all confirmed the side effects but neither have
achieved reliable results. Also shoud result in more people dying as they
self experiment.
Their own frigging faults

Just so long as they are Darwinian.

exactly
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Petzl
2020-03-26 01:55:51 UTC
Post by news18
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four months
after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
What was that definition of stupi? ; repeating the same thing tme after
time and hopping for a different outcome?
Or do they not trust the results coming out of China & USA.
Both have tested it and all confirmed the side effects but neither have
achieved reliable results. Also shoud result in more people dying as they
self experiment. Just so long as they are Darwinian.
Operative word is COULD and as a preventitive not a cure
A perfect picture of all that's wrong with lefties -
I'm miserable & someone else is to blame.

If the Left so strongly supports 'diversity'
why do they spend so much time trying to close down
opinions different to their own?

'Diversity' is the new Orwellian doublespeak,
a Leftist propaganda tool to disguise the fact
they are trying to create a more uniform,
homogenous society, in their own image.

Australia will never be destroyed from the outside.
If we falter and lose our freedoms,
it will be because we were destroyed from the rot within
news18
2020-03-26 02:43:24 UTC
Post by news18
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four
months after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
What was that definition of stupi? ; repeating the same thing tme after
time and hopping for a different outcome?
Or do they not trust the results coming out of China & USA.
Both have tested it and all confirmed the side effects but neither have
achieved reliable results. Also shoud result in more people dying as
they self experiment. Just so long as they are Darwinian.
Operative word is COULD and as a preventitive not a cure
Yep, the also extort money from the general public in the name of cancer
research. It is just another example of brain fart science and why
'science news' is being shown to be just more fake news.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 03:49:20 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Post by news18
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four
months after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
What was that definition of stupi? ; repeating the same thing tme after
time and hopping for a different outcome?
Or do they not trust the results coming out of China & USA.
Both have tested it and all confirmed the side effects but neither have
achieved reliable results. Also shoud result in more people dying as
they self experiment. Just so long as they are Darwinian.
Operative word is COULD and as a preventitive not a cure
Yep, the also extort money from the general public in the name of cancer
research. It is just another example of brain fart science and why
'science news' is being shown to be just more fake news.
If some research finds and effective treatment, chemoprophylaxis and/or
vaccine I expect you to take the moral high ground and not accept any of
them
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
news18
2020-03-26 05:20:15 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Post by news18
[...]
In that case, they already have what you need. It is called a placebo.
Gunna are a 100 for a six pence.
Plenty of places are gunna do it because there is truck loads of money on
offer for trying. About the only bloke that won't get it is Meow Ludo
Meow Meow.

The last thing needed is more PR science, which is what this is.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 06:23:00 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Post by news18
[...]
Wow another internet expert on science denial and evidence based
decision making
Post by news18
Gunna are a 100 for a six pence.
Plenty of places are gunna do it because there is truck loads of money on
offer for trying. About the only bloke that won't get it is Meow Ludo
Meow Meow.
His name is Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow can't you even get that
right? He is designing a rapid diagnostic kit but as it is sciencey you
won't believe in it.
Post by news18
The last thing needed is more PR science, which is what this is.
Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow isn't doing it for PR AKAIK
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
news18
2020-03-26 07:16:19 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Post by news18
[...]
Yep. 60 years of reading and study leaves you that way.
Post by news18
The last thing needed is more PR science, which is what this is.
Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow isn't doing it for PR AKAIK.
Haven't you heared of him before?
Interestingly, some big companies are doing the same. Not here afaik.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 07:48:49 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Post by news18
[...]
Your denial of science and evidenced based decision making run deep
Post by news18
Post by news18
The last thing needed is more PR science, which is what this is.
Meow-Ludo Disco Gamma Meow-Meow isn't doing it for PR AKAIK.
Haven't you heared of him before?
Yep stuck an Opal Chip in his arm, candidate who ran against Barnaby and
owns a science company Bio?????? .
Post by news18
Interestingly, some big companies are doing the same. Not here afaik.
He and his fellow bio-hackers seem to be doing some interesting work but
it seems the COVID-19 IgG/IgM Rapid Test Kit will here soon, TGA pushed
through the approval.
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Fran
2020-03-26 22:35:34 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Wow another internet expert on science denial and evidence based
decision making
Yep. 60 years of reading and study leaves you that way.
No, it does not do that all. If that is what has happened to you, you
need to stop reading those Mills and Boons romances and find better
quality reading material
news18
2020-03-27 00:00:54 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Wow another internet expert on science denial and evidence based
decision making
Yep. 60 years of reading and study leaves you that way.
No, it does not do that all. If that is what has happened to you, you
need to stop reading those Mills and Boons romances and find better
quality reading material
Getting desperate Franny.
"Science is fact" is the version of the world we teach chidren. an adult
should know that "science is the best explanation we have at the moment"
and the aware peole will also "follow the money'.

just because some "body" annouces something doesn't mean critical
thinking should be dismissed and they should get a free ride.

covid-19 neads practical sotion(s), not woulda, coulda and the rest.
Dechucka
2020-03-27 00:28:57 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Fran
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Wow another internet expert on science denial and evidence based
decision making
Yep. 60 years of reading and study leaves you that way.
No, it does not do that all. If that is what has happened to you, you
need to stop reading those Mills and Boons romances and find better
quality reading material
Getting desperate Franny.
"Science is fact" is the version of the world we teach chidren. an adult
should know that "science is the best explanation we have at the moment"
Agreed
Post by news18
and the aware peole will also "follow the money'.
As it is and always has been'
Post by news18
just because some "body" annouces something doesn't mean critical
thinking should be dismissed and they should get a free ride.
covid-19 neads practical sotion(s),
Certainly does which is why different treatments and chemoprophylaxis
drugs are being trialed. Mentioning the trial before implementation does
not take away from the veracity of the trial. It is the standard of the
protocol, if properly followed, that defines the strength of the trial
and the results.
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Fran
2020-03-27 02:13:16 UTC
Post by news18
covid-19 neads practical sotion(s),
Sensible snipping noted.
Post by Dechucka
Certainly does which is why different treatments and chemoprophylaxis
drugs are being trialed. Mentioning the trial before implementation does
not take away from the veracity of the trial. It is the standard of the
protocol, if properly followed, that defines the strength of the trial
and the results.
Yep.

Fran
2020-03-27 02:13:09 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Fran
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Wow another internet expert on science denial and evidence based
decision making
Yep. 60 years of reading and study leaves you that way.
No, it does not do that all. If that is what has happened to you, you
need to stop reading those Mills and Boons romances and find better
quality reading material
Getting desperate Franny.
I can read for comprehension though.
Post by news18
"Science is fact" is the version of the world we teach chidren.
Try reading what is written rather than what you are projecting as
having been written.

an adult
Post by news18
should know that "science is the best explanation we have at the moment"
Yes.
Post by news18
and the aware peole will also "follow the money'.
FFS!
Post by news18
just because some "body" annouces something doesn't mean critical
thinking should be dismissed and they should get a free ride.
No-one, other than you, is suggesting that anyone gets a free ride.
You're the one saying that you aren't interested in evidence based
decision making and who is going on about suckers, chooks, following
mythical money, extortion for cancer cures etc.
Post by news18
covid-19 neads practical sotion(s), not woulda, coulda and the rest.
Yeah according to you, we need chooks, follow the money, and pretend
that such ridiculous commentary passes for 'critical thinking'.
Fran
2020-03-26 01:04:10 UTC
OK this cite is from 3AW but it was reported on the ABC. Given the
side-effects probably not for everybody but may be good for at risk
populations
https://www.3aw.com.au/coronavirus-shield-drug-could-be-trialled-on-victorian-healthcare-workers-in-four-weeks/
Researchers at Victoria’s Walter and Eliza Hall Institute are testing
the use of hydroxychloroquine, an anti-malarial drug, to protect people
from contracting coronavirus when exposed to it.
Infectious disease physician from the Walter and Eliza Hall Institute,
Professor Marc Pellegrini, said the clinical trial of the drug on
Victorian frontline healthcare workers could begin in four weeks.
“We would have some indicative results within about three to four months
after the trial starts,” he told 3AW’s Ross and John.
Oh God! The wording 'to protect people form contracting' will set off
that dog baying yet again about there being either a vaccine or a cure!

Other than that downside, I do wish them all success with it.
Petzl
2020-03-26 02:03:01 UTC
[...]
Now being "backed" by two infectious disease proffessors from Victoria
and Queensland.

news18
some of the funds will go to them for consulting?
Dechucka
SloMO
news18
Of course someone is going to find it, or you're fscked.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 06:25:54 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Now being "backed" by two infectious disease proffessors from Victoria
and Queensland.
which means what?
some of the funds will go to them for consulting?
If some research finds and effective treatment, chemoprophylaxis and/or
vaccine I expect you to take the moral high ground and not accept any of
them
Of course someone is going to find it, or you're fscked.
Isn't all this research PR science which you know the results of
already. How did you get this knowledge? A mind meld with the virus?
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
news18
2020-03-26 07:18:08 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Now being "backed" by two infectious disease proffessors from
Victoria and Queensland.
which means what?
some of the funds will go to them for consulting?
If some research finds and effective treatment, chemoprophylaxis
and/or vaccine I expect you to take the moral high ground and not
accept any of them
Of course someone is going to find it, or you're fscked.
Isn't all this research PR science
Science is science and yu report what you find, nt your brain farts about
another prime sucker stands up.
Dechucka
2020-03-26 07:49:51 UTC
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
Post by news18
Post by Petzl
Now being "backed" by two infectious disease proffessors from
Victoria and Queensland.
which means what?
some of the funds will go to them for consulting?
If some research finds and effective treatment, chemoprophylaxis
and/or vaccine I expect you to take the moral high ground and not
accept any of them
Of course someone is going to find it, or you're fscked.
Isn't all this research PR science
Science is science and yu report what you find, nt your brain farts about
"i think i'm gunna".
shit eh
Post by news18
Post by Dechucka
which you know the results of
already. How did you get this knowledge? A mind meld with the virus?
another prime sucker stands up.
nice sig
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Petzl
2020-03-26 05:59:15 UTC
[...]
Not from yor money thats for sure!
Clive Palmer for one threw them a million dollars!
Your nothing right?

news18
2020-03-26 07:19:47 UTC
[...]
Nope, where are the bill boards.
Post by Petzl
Your nothing right?
Yep, W&E are never on our annual donations.