Yanks only half as good as us at making electricity:
Arthur Brain
2006-05-18 22:54:47 UTC
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.

Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.

As a consequence of american under-performance in this area, it
generally
takes about 15 minutes of zapping to end the lives of their death-row
inmates, who are, needless to say, almost all black.

It is encouraging, however, to note that some american states,
concerned
about the obvious inhumanity of death by electrocution, have taken a
leaf
out of Adolf Hitler's book and built gas chambers with which to
terminate
the lives of their (black) criminals.
Hooray.
America the Beautiful
2006-05-18 23:27:07 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and
blatant stupidity, is noted.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Trevor Wilson
2006-05-19 02:44:31 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and blatant
stupidity, is noted.
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human. Here in
the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use multiphase
power. Moreover, like the rest of the civilised world, we don't approve of
state-sanctioned murder. We're also signatories to teh Geneva Convention.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

Larry in AZ
2006-05-19 03:26:10 UTC
Waiving the right to remain silent, "Trevor Wilson"
Post by Trevor Wilson
Post by America the Beautiful
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as
the rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even)
manages to produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant
americans can only eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and
blatant stupidity, is noted.
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human.
Here in the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use
multiphase power.
It's a meaningless discussison, you moron. In terms of power used,
it's the same. You have twice the voltage, but use half as much
current.

You're an idiot to even begin this debate.
--
"And idiots begat fools, and fools begat morons, and morons
begat imbeciles, and imbeciles begat dufuses. And then
their immediate families..."
Trevor Wilson
2006-05-19 03:59:13 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as
the rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even)
manages to produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant
americans can only eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and
blatant stupidity, is noted.
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human.
Here in the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use
multiphase power.
It's a meaningless discussison, you moron. In terms of power used,
it's the same. You have twice the voltage, but use half as much
current.
**There's the rub. You idiots have MAJOR problems with Voltage drop (due to
copper losses), when using long cable runs. We, here in the civilised world,
have no such problems. We also need far less (expensive) copper in our power
lines, as a result. US 110VAC receptacles can only manage (theoretically)
1,500 Watts. In reality, barely 1,00 Watts is available from typical US
outlets. Here in Australia, we can consume 2,400 watts from ALL our outlets.
And, of course, with 415VAC available, we can consume vast amounts of energy
easily.

Face it: Your pissy 110VAC just doesn't cut it in the real world.
Post by Larry in AZ
You're an idiot to even begin this debate.
**Only a complete idiot (IE: American) would be dumb enough to accuse me of
starting the debate. Hint: I didn't.
--
Trevor Wilson
www.rageaudio.com.au

2006-05-19 04:24:31 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
[...]
And yet they're still the world's most powerful country. Kinda makes
you look rather stupid
Philip
2006-05-19 04:36:45 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Arthur Brain
[...]
This is as stupid an argument as the one that erupted in New Zealand
years ago when Wellington tv was given Channel 1 (WNTV1), and Auckland
tv Channel 2 /AKTV2), and some demented Aucklanders started dripping
about the insult to the nation's largest city for not having the "number
1 channel".

AC power is available to most US homes at 240 volts. Heavy current
appliances, like air conditioners and clothes driers, are fed from a 240
volt circuit, low-current house wiring is 120 nominal at 60 Hz.

You are marginally less likely to drop dead from touching the live wire
in an American home than you are in a New Zealand one. Very marginally.

I would feel as safe using an appliance in a home wired to US code as I
would in NZ, Oz, UK or Germany in a house wired to the appropriate local
code. And that's very safe.

Sheesh, of all the seriously dim assertions that get made, an attempt to
make mains voltage into a national virility symbol is well away with the
pixies.

Philip
Clough
2006-05-19 06:37:53 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Trevor Wilson
Face it: Your pissy 110VAC just doesn't cut it in the real world.
And yet they're still the world's most powerful country. Kinda makes
you look rather stupid
And yet you get your asses kicked in every third world country you
invade. Talk about losers, you Americunts are in a league of your own.

Clough
t***@gmail.com
2006-05-19 09:43:05 UTC
Post by Clough
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Trevor Wilson
Face it: Your pissy 110VAC just doesn't cut it in the real world.
And yet they're still the world's most powerful country. Kinda makes
you look rather stupid
And yet you get your asses kicked in every third world country you
invade.
Oh yeah, the mighty arab warriors who crumbled in weeks. Hehehe
I'm Australian, dopey.
dechucka
you look rather stupid
dechucka
so powerful that you allow people to park aircraft in your buildings
t***@gmail.com
2006-05-19 09:45:33 UTC
Post by dechucka
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Arthur Brain
[...]
Who are you talking to, dopey?

And when was such a thing "allowed"?
America the Beautiful
2006-05-19 10:14:38 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by dechucka
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Arthur Brain
[...]
He don't know....
Post by t***@gmail.com
And when was such a thing "allowed"?
Don't bother - he's just a little pissant troll playing with his sisters
computer again.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
dechucka
and the buildings are doing what ?
America the Beautiful
2006-05-19 10:36:23 UTC
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by dechucka
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by t***@gmail.com
And when was such a thing "allowed"?
Don't bother - he's just a little pissant troll playing with his sisters
computer again.
and the buildings are doing what ?
This building? It's housing planes, stupid.
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
dechucka
Sorry on TV I saw planes being parked in buildings your problem is?
America the Beautiful
2006-05-19 10:16:35 UTC
Post by dechucka
Post by t***@gmail.com
Post by Arthur Brain
[...]
You must mean helicopter launch pads on Fifth Avenue apartment buildings
innit.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
m***@hotmail.com
America the Beautiful
2006-05-19 10:18:55 UTC
Post by Trevor Wilson
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and blatant
stupidity, is noted.
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human.
The best part of you ran down your fathers leg in the shower.
Post by Trevor Wilson
Here in
the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use multiphase
power. Moreover, like the rest of the civilised world, we don't approve of
state-sanctioned murder. We're also signatories to teh Geneva Convention.
Funny how we are the worlds most powerful nation operating on half the
power as the rest. Says something about your efficiency, doesn't it?
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Andrew Thomas
2006-05-19 09:31:25 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
Holy arse. I've seen some funny attempts at trolling which play on the
general ignorance of the typical Britisher, but even your thickest chav
knows that you just up the current (and it's the current that kills
you, not the voltage).

On second thoughts, no, no it's a perfectly good troll. An entire
generation of British people has no fucking clue about science or
anything to do with numbers, as a result of - you guessed it - Labour
control of education. (They do know how to fuck 14 year olds, though -
that sex ed didn't go to waste!) Therefore they could well believe
something like this, so I give it 8/10.