Yanks only half as good as us at making electricity:
Madra Dubh
2006-06-02 20:34:20 UTC
<Snip>
I don't do Americanisms myself
I'll wager your do!!!
John Cawston
2006-06-02 20:36:28 UTC
On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:46:30 +1200, John Cawston
snip---
The fact remains that certain dictatorships and tyrannies that are based
on just one class of people are terribly vulnerable to collapse and
anarchy once the ruling class is removed from power. Saddam's was a classic.
And that is a classic statement of the obvious.
Of course. But you didn't agree first time round.
What I said was that prior to the Anglo-American invasion Iraq
wasn't a "failed" state (to use a term recently manufactured by
the neocons)
Really? A cursory look turns up this 1995 article by a German professor
who is well known in the field of international law. He wrote a book on
failed states.

http://www.ejil.org/journal/Vol8/No2/br5.html
- and it wasn't, because things worked.
That's like saying a car deserves a warrant of fitness because the
engine starts, even though there's no tyres, brakes, lights or steering.
Or that a patient who's breathing has stopped is fine because his heart
still beats.

JC
Which is not what you appear to be implying.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-03 10:49:41 UTC
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 08:36:28 +1200, John Cawston
Post by John Cawston
On Tue, 30 May 2006 17:46:30 +1200, John Cawston
snip---
The fact remains that certain dictatorships and tyrannies that are based
on just one class of people are terribly vulnerable to collapse and
anarchy once the ruling class is removed from power. Saddam's was a classic.
And that is a classic statement of the obvious.
Of course. But you didn't agree first time round.
What I said was that prior to the Anglo-American invasion Iraq
wasn't a "failed" state (to use a term recently manufactured by
the neocons)
Really? A cursory look turns up this 1995 article by a German professor
who is well known in the field of international law. He wrote a book on
failed states.
http://www.ejil.org/journal/Vol8/No2/br5.html
Anybody can write a book on anything, but that doesn't
necessarily mean that it exists. Even if it appears when you
google it.
You might care to cast an eye over:
http://www.boogieonline.com/revolution/multi/war/somalia.html

A blog, but since you often quote blogs you shouldn't mind.

What it says is that a state doesn't have to be modeled on what
we, and Herr Thurer et al., think a state ought to be ie governed
by a western-style central government. And if it isn't then how
can we say it's failed.
Post by John Cawston
- and it wasn't, because things worked.
That's like saying a car deserves a warrant of fitness because the
engine starts, even though there's no tyres, brakes, lights or steering.
Or that a patient who's breathing has stopped is fine because his heart
still beats.
A bad analogy.

A car deserves a warrant if all those bits are ok, whether the
engine goes or not.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
John Cawston
2006-06-02 21:38:00 UTC
(snipped)
My problem is that commonwealths get ticked when we speak as we do. It's
like the world comes to an end when we say ass and not arse. I have Brit
friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip", and spell tires
"tyres". Then there is cupboards for closets, etc. We don't correct them
or get huffy. It's just silly if you ask me.
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Yes it is silly. American actually speak better english than the
English because they took the Elizabethan english with them in 1620 and
pronounce the 'r' correctly. It's sounds much better. And the
spelling doesn't matter as long as we understand each other.
There is a wonderful Television series on the "Story of Englsh" , and
also a companion book with it. Fascinating history.
My dad once belted me round the head during the war because I answered
him with an Americanism " OK " ... instead of saying 'yes dad'. He must
have thought I was swearing. I copied from hearing American airman
speak ( bless you guys ) It was unknown in England before the war.
Some say the word comes from Algonquin Indian for agreement "Okway".
I'd forgotten that. Yes, after the war and right through the fifties
parents and teachers here didn't like "Americanisms".
"Oversexed, overpaid, and over here", right?
Not particularly.

The Yanks seemed to be well enough received in NZ. I suspect that what
was tolerable behaviour and language during the war was less acceptable
later as people tried to pick up the threads of the old life.

JC
Brian Dooley
2006-06-03 03:32:50 UTC
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 09:38:00 +1200, John Cawston
Post by John Cawston
[...]
Google battle manners street
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
John Cawston
2006-06-03 08:14:13 UTC
Post by John Cawston
[...]
A racial issue unreported in the press. Of course, aside from the
momentary patriotic aspect of Manners St, NZ then had strong
reservations in serving Maori in bars and clubs anyway; it was commonly
understood that drink was the downfall of the race.

JC
Brian Dooley
2006-06-03 10:13:28 UTC
Post by John Cawston
(snipped)
My problem is that commonwealths get ticked when we speak as we do. It's
like the world comes to an end when we say ass and not arse. I have Brit
friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip", and spell tires
"tyres". Then there is cupboards for closets, etc. We don't correct them
or get huffy. It's just silly if you ask me.
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Yes it is silly. American actually speak better english than the
English because they took the Elizabethan english with them in 1620 and
pronounce the 'r' correctly.
Bollocks, there were early settlers from several different parts
of Britain. Even the passengers on the Mayflower came from
several different counties, and later arrivals came from as far
apart as Ulster and East Anglia. It's inconceivable that their
pronunciations would be identical, even of the single 'r' sound.

And they still aren't.
Post by John Cawston
It's sounds much better. And the
spelling doesn't matter as long as we understand each other.
As long as you're not writing to each other - as here.
Post by John Cawston
There is a wonderful Television series on the "Story of Englsh" , and
also a companion book with it. Fascinating history.
Which demonstrates just how wrong you are.

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
2006-06-03 13:52:36 UTC
Post by John Cawston
[...]
I wonder how many GI's, having seen that wonderland called New Zealand,
returned after the war to settle there?
You truly live in a beautiful land.
Now the Kiwis, OTOH..................
Peter Moylan
2006-06-03 07:53:38 UTC
Post by Madra Dubh
<Snip>
I don't do Americanisms myself
I'll wager your do!!!
Sorry, no deal. I love me do.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org

Please note the changed e-mail and web addresses. The domain
eepjm.newcastle.edu.au no longer exists, and I can no longer
reliably receive mail at my newcastle.edu.au addresses.
The optusnet address still has about 2 months of life left.
Madra Dubh
2006-06-03 13:50:15 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by Madra Dubh
<Snip>
I don't do Americanisms myself
I'll wager your do!!!
Sorry, no deal. I love me do.
Oops.
("Your" was a boo boo, not an Americanism)
Peter Moylan
2006-06-03 07:58:49 UTC
Waiving the right to remain silent, Peter Moylan
I'm not sure when "ass" acquired its second meaning, but I suspect
that it was after the establishment of the American colonies.
Someon with a US-published dictionary could probably work it out.
From m-w.com
Main Entry: 2ass Pronunciation: 'as Variant(s): or arse /'as, 'ärs/
Function: noun Etymology: Middle English ars, ers, from Old English
ærs, ears; akin to Old High German & Old Norse ars buttocks, Greek
orrhos buttocks, oura tail 1 a often vulgar : BUTTOCKS -- often used
in emphatic reference to a specific person <get your ass over here>
<saved my ass> b often vulgar : ANUS
Yes, but that tells us only about the etymology of "arse"; it doesn't
say when the version without the "r" first appeared.

Something I read recently that the "ass" spelling of "arse" first
appeared in the 18th century, but it wasn't clear on whether the first
appearance was in England or in the USA. This does tend to suggest that
"arse" was the normal American spelling until a couple of hundred years
ago, but I'm not sure where evidence for or against this guess could be
found.

Larry in AZ
2006-06-03 16:49:19 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Waiving the right to remain silent, Peter Moylan
I'm not sure when "ass" acquired its second meaning, but I suspect
that it was after the establishment of the American colonies.
Someon with a US-published dictionary could probably work it out.
From m-w.com
Main Entry: 2ass Pronunciation: 'as Variant(s): or arse /'as, '„rs/
Function: noun Etymology: Middle English ars, ers, from Old English
‘rs, ears; akin to Old High German & Old Norse ars buttocks, Greek
orrhos buttocks, oura tail 1 a often vulgar : BUTTOCKS -- often used
in emphatic reference to a specific person <get your ass over here>
<saved my ass> b often vulgar : ANUS
Yes, but that tells us only about the etymology of "arse"; it doesn't
say when the version without the "r" first appeared.
Something I read recently that the "ass" spelling of "arse" first
appeared in the 18th century, but it wasn't clear on whether the
first appearance was in England or in the USA. This does tend to
suggest that "arse" was the normal American spelling until a couple
of hundred years ago, but I'm not sure where evidence for or against
this guess could be found.
Does it REALLY matter..?
--
"And idiots begat fools, and fools begat morons, and morons
begat imbeciles, and imbeciles begat dufuses. And then
their immediate families..."
Peter Moylan
2006-06-04 07:15:38 UTC
Waiving the right to remain silent, Peter Moylan
[stuff about etymology]
Does it REALLY matter..?
Cross-post to another newsgroup, and you're doomed to suffer through the
things that really matter to that other group.

(Hold on. I think there's a Larry from Arizona in AUE. Now I don't know
which groups to delete.)

Larry in AZ
2006-06-04 14:07:06 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Waiving the right to remain silent, Peter Moylan
[stuff about etymology]
Does it REALLY matter..?
Cross-post to another newsgroup, and you're doomed to suffer through the
things that really matter to that other group.
(Hold on. I think there's a Larry from Arizona in AUE. Now I don't know
which groups to delete.)
I didn't begin the thread, or the cross-posting...
their immediate families..."
Brian Dooley
2006-06-04 02:19:01 UTC
On Sat, 03 Jun 2006 17:58:49 +1000, Peter Moylan
<***@DIESPAMMERSozebelg.org> wrote:

snip---
Post by Peter Moylan
Something I read recently that the "ass" spelling of "arse" first
appeared in the 18th century, but it wasn't clear on whether the first
appearance was in England or in the USA. This does tend to suggest that
"arse" was the normal American spelling until a couple of hundred years
ago, but I'm not sure where evidence for or against this guess could be
found.
Try OED - the big one.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Mike Lyle
2006-06-04 16:28:22 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Something I read recently that the "ass" spelling of "arse" first
appeared in the 18th century, but it wasn't clear on whether the first
appearance was in England or in the USA. This does tend to suggest that
"arse" was the normal American spelling until a couple of hundred years
ago, but I'm not sure where evidence for or against this guess could be
found.
Try OED - the big one.
What interests me is the by-product (mentioned before in AUE): the
uncommon word of obscure origin "donkey" became standard, displacing
the previous standard "ass" except scientifically and in Ireland.
OED1's 1785-1804 examples are all explanations of what it meant. It
seems reasonable to assume this came about because of increasing use of
"ass" for "arse". I used to think this "ass" = "arse" thing was a
near-miss quasi-euphemism, like Aus "ace"; but I now reflect that many
people used to pronounce donkey "ass" [ahss] (though OED1 doesn't say
so; but COD5, 1964, does; and I've heard it often in Br). If it was
once common enough, that could mean that the fashion for non-rhotism
made the two converge naturally, without any suggestion that "ass" was
in any way euphemistic. But it would still have made "donkey" desirable
for polite use.

But this doesn't solve the question of why rhotic Americans don't say
"arse": there, I think "ass" must have been euphemistic, or at least
pretend-euphemistic. There surely can't have been enough English
immigrés from places where the bum was non-rhotic /&s/ to make a
difference.
Mike.
mUs1Ka
2006-06-04 18:54:12 UTC
... but I now reflect that many
people used to pronounce donkey "ass" [ahss] (though OED1 doesn't say
so; but COD5, 1964, does; and I've heard it often in Br)...
"You silly ahss"

Name that ventriloquist's dummy.
--
Ray.
UK.
Mike Lyle
2006-06-04 19:23:47 UTC
Post by mUs1Ka
... but I now reflect that many
people used to pronounce donkey "ass" [ahss] (though OED1 doesn't say
so; but COD5, 1964, does; and I've heard it often in Br)...
"You silly ahss"
Name that ventriloquist's dummy.
"Jolly hockey-sticks!"
Mike.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-06 00:58:28 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
[...]
How do Bostonians pronounce ass/arse?
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Brian Dooley
2006-06-06 02:50:17 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
[...]

Where do rhotic Americans live?
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Frank ess
Rhote Island?
keithbc
2006-06-03 09:48:33 UTC
you'd lose.
Madra Dubh
2006-06-03 13:50:58 UTC
Post by keithbc
Post by Madra Dubh
<Snip>
I don't do Americanisms myself
I'll wager your do!!!
you'd lose.
Think on't.
You'll find that you do.
Be honest....
America the Beautiful
2006-06-03 12:00:41 UTC
You'r elike beer-willing sports fans. You can't play the game, so you
spend you time bitcing about how others do it.
Australia played the game in Vietnam - we fulfilled out mission by
using brains, bravery, and competence.
The mark of an army that lacks all 3 of these qualities is an army that
shoots civilians.
Or napalms them.
Or strips them naked and piles them in human pyramids.
Piss off, moron..
Wow, you can spell all three of those words. Pretty good for a Yank.
Now try "ARSE".
Funny how you Brit wannabes always remark about our English but yet "ass"
is in all dictionaries and "arse" is not.
Did you ever stop to think how many people in this world speak a form of
English and yet these provincial English (all forty million of them) presume
to dictate to us the proper use of "their" language?
Well, there is 40 mill of them and 300 mil of us, and our media has
pretty much taken control of the worlds entertainment industry using our
form of English. So I guess its well to presume we've assume language
duties. How does the saying go? The student is now the teacher?
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Madra Dubh
2006-06-03 13:49:02 UTC
[...]
What these dolts fail to grasp is that once, three hundred or so years ago,
we did all speak one language.
Time and distance took care of that.
Now, sitting in the wreckage of their former empire, they are reduced to
flapping their jaws about how we spell "Ass".
Would they care to comment on "Shit" vs. "Shite" as well?
Stan
2006-06-03 22:36:28 UTC
"Madra Dubh" <***@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:irggg.127555$***@bgtnsc05-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
(SNIPPED)
Post by Madra Dubh
What these dolts fail to grasp is that once, three hundred or so years
ago, we did all speak one language.
Time and distance took care of that.
Sailors actually. Especially when New Amsterdam became New York with all
the mixture of Dutch and British sailors. Even the whaling ports up the
east coast had Portugese and Spanish sailors based there and intermarrying.
Then American servicemen during and after the war. Then television.
English English stayed pretty fixed because of Grammar School influence and
insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen arrived.
Post by Madra Dubh
Now, sitting in the wreckage of their former empire, they are reduced to
flapping their jaws about how we spell "Ass".
Would they care to comment on "Shit" vs. "Shite" as well?
"Shite" in now little england is actually a north country, regional
expression. Very common around working class Liverpool people. Not often
heard in the south until the BBC saw fit to make commonness and vulgarisms
standard english.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-03 22:44:46 UTC
Post by Stan
(SNIPPED)
Post by Madra Dubh
What these dolts fail to grasp is that once, three hundred or so years
ago, we did all speak one language.
Time and distance took care of that.
Sailors actually. Especially when New Amsterdam became New York with all
the mixture of Dutch and British sailors. Even the whaling ports up the
east coast had Portugese and Spanish sailors based there and intermarrying.
Then American servicemen during and after the war. Then television.
English English stayed pretty fixed because of Grammar School influence and
insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen arrived.
Are you saying the American servicemen have such a powerful influence
over your educational system???
Long Island
Madra Dubh
2006-06-04 17:59:15 UTC
Post by Stan
(SNIPPED)
Post by Madra Dubh
What these dolts fail to grasp is that once, three hundred or so years
ago, we did all speak one language.
Time and distance took care of that.
Sailors actually. Especially when New Amsterdam became New York with all
the mixture of Dutch and British sailors. Even the whaling ports up the
east coast had Portugese and Spanish sailors based there and
intermarrying. Then American servicemen during and after the war. Then
television. English English stayed pretty fixed because of Grammar School
influence and insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen
arrived.
Stan, are you refering here to causes of changes in American English or
English English (or both)?
Post by Stan
Post by Madra Dubh
Now, sitting in the wreckage of their former empire, they are reduced to
flapping their jaws about how we spell "Ass".
Would they care to comment on "Shit" vs. "Shite" as well?
"Shite" in now little england is actually a north country, regional
expression. Very common around working class Liverpool people. Not often
heard in the south until the BBC saw fit to make commonness and vulgarisms
standard english.
The majority of Brits I've encountered (no great numbers, I admit) always
spelled the word "Shite".
I'm surprised it is not all that common throughout the land.
Stan
2006-06-04 21:25:44 UTC
"Madra Dubh" <***@worldnet.att.net> wrote in message news:TbFgg.219052$***@bgtnsc04-news.ops.worldnet.att.net...
(snipped)
Post by Madra Dubh
The majority of Brits I've encountered (no great numbers, I admit) always
spelled the word "Shite".
I'm surprised it is not all that common throughout the land.
That tells me your age. " Shite" started to become more common during and
after the Beatles era. It became 'fashionable' for young working class
people to copy Liverpool accents....acceptance by association.

You will notice the BBC actually prefer newsreaders with a sort of ersatz-
Liverpool twang to their voices even though they have never lived there.
So yes, the Liverpool influence has spread rather rapidly through dumbing
down of the culture since the 1960s. The BBC reflects that influence.
Madra Dubh
2006-06-04 22:08:19 UTC
(snipped)
Post by Madra Dubh
The majority of Brits I've encountered (no great numbers, I admit) always
spelled the word "Shite".
I'm surprised it is not all that common throughout the land.
That tells me your age. " Shite" started to become more common during
and after the Beatles era. It became 'fashionable' for young working class
people to copy Liverpool accents....acceptance by association.
You will notice the BBC actually prefer newsreaders with a sort of
ersatz- Liverpool twang to their voices even though they have never lived
there. So yes, the Liverpool influence has spread rather rapidly through
dumbing down of the culture since the 1960s. The BBC reflects that
influence.
I must confess I've no expertise in classifying British accents, excepting
perhaps the Welsh and Scottish accents.
The Welsh have an almost lyrical pronunciation while the Scots sound like a
kennel full of barking dogs all of whom are afflicted with the whooping
cough.

I have read that there are pronounced differences in pronunciation all
through the Island.
So it would appear the "leveling" effect of TV and radio has yet to work its
evil.
Here in America we are still barely hanging on to our regional dialects
despite efforts to blend us in to some mid west norm.
Not me!
I'll be driving "R's" through my nose until the day I die.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-06 01:28:11 UTC
(snipped)
Post by Madra Dubh
The majority of Brits I've encountered (no great numbers, I admit) always
spelled the word "Shite".
I'm surprised it is not all that common throughout the land.
That tells me your age. " Shite" started to become more common during and
after the Beatles era. It became 'fashionable' for young working class
people to copy Liverpool accents....acceptance by association.
You will notice the BBC actually prefer newsreaders with a sort of ersatz-
Liverpool twang to their voices even though they have never lived there.
So yes, the Liverpool influence has spread rather rapidly through dumbing
down of the culture since the 1960s. The BBC reflects that influence.
When did you leave, Stan?
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Brian Dooley
2006-06-06 01:24:56 UTC
On Sun, 04 Jun 2006 17:59:15 GMT, "Madra Dubh"
<***@worldnet.att.net> wrote:

snip---
Post by Stan
influence and insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen
arrived.
English grammar school pronunciation conformed in the main to the
local dialect. Grammar schools, when they still existed in the
state system, were simply the elite schools in their district,
and their pupils were mostly there as a result of winning
scholarships. Only a few, of which I was one, were fee-paying for
various reasons.

It would have taken more than a couple of years or so to persuade
the proud denizens of the County Palatine to lose their accents.

It might be different down South - it often is.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
2006-06-06 15:33:19 UTC
Post by Stan
influence and insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen
arrived.
English grammar school pronunciation conformed in the main to the
local dialect. Grammar schools, when they still existed in the
state system, were simply the elite schools in their district,
and their pupils were mostly there as a result of winning
scholarships. Only a few, of which I was one, were fee-paying for
various reasons.
It would have taken more than a couple of years or so to persuade
the proud denizens of the County Palatine to lose their accents.
It might be different down South - it often is.
Nope, much the same in both places.
Man on top, sheeps on bottom.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-08 23:06:19 UTC
Post by Stan
influence and insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen
arrived.
English grammar school pronunciation conformed in the main to the
local dialect. Grammar schools, when they still existed in the
state system, were simply the elite schools in their district,
and their pupils were mostly there as a result of winning
scholarships. Only a few, of which I was one, were fee-paying for
various reasons.
It would have taken more than a couple of years or so to persuade
the proud denizens of the County Palatine to lose their accents.
It might be different down South - it often is.
Nope, much the same in both places.
Man on top, sheeps on bottom.
And you will be at the arse end.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
How did you know I was planning a holiday on the South Island?
Brian Dooley
2006-06-11 02:24:02 UTC
Post by Stan
influence and insistence on 'proper' english until the American servicemen
arrived.
English grammar school pronunciation conformed in the main to the
local dialect. Grammar schools, when they still existed in the
state system, were simply the elite schools in their district,
and their pupils were mostly there as a result of winning
scholarships. Only a few, of which I was one, were fee-paying for
various reasons.
It would have taken more than a couple of years or so to persuade
the proud denizens of the County Palatine to lose their accents.
It might be different down South - it often is.
Nope, much the same in both places.
Man on top, sheeps on bottom.
And you will be at the arse end.
How did you know I was planning a holiday on the South Island?
That's their worry.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Dave
2006-06-04 18:17:32 UTC
Post by America the Beautiful
[...]
I think there are more English speaking Indians than English speaking
Americans. Indian English is closer to British English than American
IMHO.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-04 20:55:19 UTC
Post by Dave
[...]
But how many of them are living in America?
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
America the Beautiful
2006-06-04 20:55:43 UTC
Post by Dave
[...]
You call what they speak English???
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Madra Dubh
2006-06-04 22:12:38 UTC
Post by Dave
[...]
Well yes, it would be closer to British English, the Indians having only
thrown off their oppressive yoke about sixty years ago.
And with a population in excess of one billion, there may well be more
English speaking Indians than English speaking Americans.
But what does it matter?
We'll all be speaking Chinese in a hundred years or so............
-Newsman-
2006-06-03 22:21:34 UTC
On Thu, 01 Jun 2006 07:06:21 -0400, America the Beautiful
You'r elike beer-willing sports fans. You can't play the game, so you
spend you time bitcing about how others do it.
Australia played the game in Vietnam - we fulfilled out mission by
using brains, bravery, and competence.
The mark of an army that lacks all 3 of these qualities is an army that
shoots civilians.
Or napalms them.
Or strips them naked and piles them in human pyramids.
Piss off, moron..
Wow, you can spell all three of those words. Pretty good for a Yank.
Now try "ARSE".
Funny how you Brit wannabes always remark about our English but yet
"ass" is in all dictionaries and "arse" is not.
Dump your American pre-school dictionary and get a proper one.

I have four English dictionaries to hand. All have 'arse'/'ass'.

The original is the mediaeval 'Erse'.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-03 22:40:56 UTC
Post by -Newsman-
[...]
And you're so lame you actually spent the time looking it up days after
the conversation was over??
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Madra Dubh
2006-06-04 17:54:09 UTC
Post by -Newsman-
[...]
So this backwater, second world, third rate land has four dictionaries?
Wonderful for you, that.
j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
2006-06-05 16:05:15 UTC
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?

And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
JGH
Arthur Brain
2006-06-05 16:09:48 UTC
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
Madra Dubh
"polysullabic"????
America the Beautiful
2006-06-06 01:24:55 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Brian Dooley
2006-06-07 03:13:22 UTC
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:24:55 -0400, America the Beautiful
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 03:23:39 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Oh geez, a speling laim....
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Linz
2006-06-07 14:59:53 UTC
Post by Brian Dooley
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:24:55 -0400, America the Beautiful
Post by America the Beautiful
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Oh geez, a speling laim....
Post to aue, you'll get your English critiqued. If you don't like it, feel
free to crosspost elsewhere.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 15:12:54 UTC
Post by Brian Dooley
On Mon, 05 Jun 2006 21:24:55 -0400, America the Beautiful
Post by America the Beautiful
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Oh geez, a speling laim....
Post to aue, you'll get your English critiqued.
Well, it's lame but at least you find something to do.
Post by Linz
If you don't like it, feel
free to crosspost elsewhere.
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Mike Lyle
2006-06-07 15:54:15 UTC
America the Beautiful wrote:
[...]
Post by America the Beautiful
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Since your name shows pride in your great country, you could find it
interesting to check out the style of the American majority in
alt.usage.english.
Mike.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 16:08:03 UTC
Post by Mike Lyle
[...]
Post by America the Beautiful
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Since your name shows pride in your great country, you could find it
interesting to check out the style of the American majority in
alt.usage.english.
But spelling lames are lame - that's why they're called spelling lames.

Oh, and I didn't start this thread, nor crosspost it. Well, I don't
think I did.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Arthur Brain
2006-06-07 17:21:24 UTC
Post by America the Beautiful
Post by Mike Lyle
[...]
Post by America the Beautiful
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Since your name shows pride in your great country, you could find it
interesting to check out the style of the American majority in
alt.usage.english.
But spelling lames are lame - that's why they're called spelling lames.
Oh, and I didn't start this thread,
It was me - good one, eh?
Post by America the Beautiful
nor crosspost it. Well, I don't
think I did.
Nah, that was me too.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 23:53:27 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by America the Beautiful
Post by Mike Lyle
[...]
Post by America the Beautiful
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Since your name shows pride in your great country, you could find it
interesting to check out the style of the American majority in
alt.usage.english.
But spelling lames are lame - that's why they're called spelling lames.
Oh, and I didn't start this thread,
It was me - good one, eh?
Not bad.
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by America the Beautiful
nor crosspost it. Well, I don't
think I did.
Nah, that was me too.
Nice work.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Linz
You need to learn more about aue.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 22:09:37 UTC
Post by Linz
Post by America the Beautiful
Post by Mike Lyle
[...]
Post by America the Beautiful
Has anybody told you to eat shit, fuck off, and die yet today?
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Since your name shows pride in your great country, you could find it
interesting to check out the style of the American majority in
alt.usage.english.
But spelling lames are lame - that's why they're called spelling lames.
You need to learn more about aue.
I think I've learned enough.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Linz
No. Doubt anyone's going to, either.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-08 23:07:43 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Oh geez, a speling laim....
Just get it right, sweetie.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 23:50:02 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Oh geez, a speling laim....
Just get it right, sweetie.
You NZ'anders are touched in the head...
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Madra Dubh
2006-06-07 17:24:57 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Of course not, you being a Kiwi and all.
Your confusion lies in being unable to distinguish sheeps from girls......
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 22:21:06 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Of course not, you being a Kiwi and all.
Your confusion lies in being unable to distinguish sheeps from girls......
Hey, at least they are girl sheep...!
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Madra Dubh
But how can you be sure?
Brian Dooley
2006-06-11 02:22:11 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Of course not, you being a Kiwi and all.
Your confusion lies in being unable to distinguish sheeps from girls......
Hey, at least they are girl sheep...!
But how can you be sure?
Easy, but if you don't know the difference it's not my place to
tell you.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
Go play with your Dooley, Brian......
Brian Dooley
2006-06-12 07:48:17 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Of course not, you being a Kiwi and all.
Your confusion lies in being unable to distinguish sheeps from girls......
Hey, at least they are girl sheep...!
But how can you be sure?
Easy, but if you don't know the difference it's not my place to
tell you.
Go play with your Dooley, Brian......
Game, set and match to me, I think.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
2006-06-13 00:23:20 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
If you want Yanks to participate, you will need to avoid using so many
polysullabic words.
To confusing for the Brits?
I don't find it 'too' confusing.
Of course not, you being a Kiwi and all.
Your confusion lies in being unable to distinguish sheeps from girls......
Hey, at least they are girl sheep...!
But how can you be sure?
Easy, but if you don't know the difference it's not my place to
tell you.
Go play with your Dooley, Brian......
Game, set and match to me, I think.
I've been waiting to spring that on you.
Perhaps I should have waited a bit longer.
(I think you may have won the first serve but no more)
Brian Dooley
2006-06-13 10:28:18 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
[...]
Big boys' games, big boys' rules, sweetie.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
2006-06-13 13:56:48 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
[...]
Ummmm, you sure you don't mean "Brian's game, Brian's rules"?
(Uppity sheep shagging Kiwi)
Brian Dooley
2006-06-14 08:18:22 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
[...]
Same thing.
Post by Madra Dubh
(Uppity sheep shagging Kiwi)
And that is why.
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
2006-06-14 15:51:06 UTC
Post by Arthur Brain
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
[...]
Post by Madra Dubh
(Uppity sheep shagging Kiwi)
And that is why.
Deport an Irishman to NZ and he immediately begins putting on airs.
(Of course with all the Scots living there, you've reason to)
Brian Dooley
2006-06-15 07:32:12 UTC
Post by Madra Dubh
(Uppity sheep shagging Kiwi)
And that is why.
Deport an Irishman to NZ and he immediately begins putting on airs.
(Of course with all the Scots living there, you've reason to)
What's in a naame?
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand
Madra Dubh
A rose by any other name smells as sweet.
Frank ess
2006-06-05 17:10:48 UTC
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
arse. I have Brit friends in the States that call a dumpster a "skip",
But isn't "Dumpster" a trade name, like Sellotape or Kleenex?
And, as far as I can remember, a dumpster is a cuboidal
container with a lid, like a British commercial waste bin.
A skip is a trapediod with an open top.
My first acquaintance with the cuboids with lids (bifurcated) (and at
least one side-opening) was in 1957, Little Rock AFB, Arkansas. They
were white, approximately two meters on an edge, and bore decalcomania
identifying them as "Dempsey Dumpster". Of course, the common
reference was "White Elephant".
Frank ess
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 11:06:05 UTC
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England. Can say I
blame them....

William Gallagher, 62, has committed a string of horrifying offences
against boys.

He is the second British paedophile to have been deported to the UK from
Down Under within a year.

The Scottish-born (figures) brute is due to arrive here today.

He was held last month by Australian immigration authorities at the end
of his latest sentence.

Yesterday morning he hid on the floor of a prison van as he was driven
from the John Morony Correctional Centre in Windsor, New South Wales, to
Sydney airport and put on a flight to London.

Gallagher’s visa had been revoked on character grounds.

He did not oppose being deported but his arrival as a free man (yes -
free man!!) in the UK will enrage child protection groups.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260101,00.html
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Stan
2006-06-07 11:45:42 UTC
A lethal injection the day before would have solved the problem.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 12:29:50 UTC
Post by Stan
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England. Can't say I blame
them....
A lethal injection the day before would have solved the problem.
Good idea. Euthanize the guy and send England the body. But personally I
would use a chainsaw with a dull blade - but that's just me.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
R.Peffers.
2006-06-10 00:03:48 UTC
Post by Stan
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England. Can say I blame
them....
A lethal injection the day before would have solved the problem.
Err! No they don't always send them to England. This last one was sent to
Scotland.
--
Robert Peffers,
Kelty,
Scotland).
Peter Moylan
2006-06-10 02:35:10 UTC
Post by R.Peffers.
When replying take pam away from peffers.
This won't discourage the spammers. You've disguised your "Reply-to"
address, but your "From" address is in the clear, ready to be harvested.

Charles Ellson
2006-06-10 17:29:30 UTC
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 12:35:10 +1000, Peter Moylan
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by R.Peffers.
When replying take pam away from peffers.
This won't discourage the spammers. You've disguised your "Reply-to"
address, but your "From" address is in the clear, ready to be harvested.
The relevance to this thread being... ?
--
_______
+---------------------------------------------------+ |\\ //|
Alba gu brath |//___\\|
R.Peffers.
2006-06-10 23:40:40 UTC
Post by Peter Moylan
Post by R.Peffers.
When replying take pam away from peffers.
This won't discourage the spammers. You've disguised your "Reply-to"
address, but your "From" address is in the clear, ready to be harvested.
--
Peter Moylan http://www.pmoylan.org
Please note the changed e-mail and web addresses. The domain
eepjm.newcastle.edu.au no longer exists, and I can no longer
reliably receive mail at my newcastle.edu.au addresses.
The optusnet address still has about 2 months of life left.
Not bothered as I use more than one address and my ISP filters most and what
they miss my own filters get. I also use more than one news and more than
one e-mail program.
Scotland).
Ian Smith
2006-06-07 20:03:51 UTC
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England. Can say I blame
them....
William Gallagher, 62, has committed a string of horrifying offences
against boys.
He is the second British paedophile to have been deported to the UK from
Down Under within a year.
The Scottish-born
(figures)
Are you saying he is a typical Scot?
brute is due to arrive here today. He was held
last month by Australian immigration authorities at the end of his latest
sentence.
Yesterday morning he hid on the floor of a prison van as he was driven
from the John Morony Correctional Centre in Windsor, New South Wales, to
Sydney airport and put on a flight to London.
Gallagher’s visa had been revoked on character grounds.
He did not oppose being deported but his arrival as a free man (yes - free
man!!) in the UK will enrage child protection groups.
http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2-2006260101,00.html
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
IS
--
"Causing turbulent agitation with an elongated piece of lignin-infused
material."
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 20:21:05 UTC
Post by Ian Smith
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England. Can say I blame
them....
William Gallagher, 62, has committed a string of horrifying offences
against boys.
He is the second British paedophile to have been deported to the UK from
Down Under within a year.
The Scottish-born
(figures)
Are you saying he is a typical Scot?
You mean they're worse!!!!
Long Island
allan connochie
2006-06-07 20:16:00 UTC
Post by America the Beautiful
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England.
The English needn't worry. He's only passing through!

Allan
America the Beautiful
2006-06-07 20:24:04 UTC
Post by allan connochie
Post by America the Beautiful
Australia now sends prisoners they don't want to England.
The English needn't worry. He's only passing through!
I blame their greasy diet.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
s***@yahoo.co.uk
2006-06-07 20:57:31 UTC
[...]
And to think we used to send them our prisoners.

Baaaaaaa
Larry in AZ
2006-06-07 21:05:33 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.co.uk
[...]
The UK is the new dumping ground for degenerates and other
undesirables. No wonder Nick the Fraud and Assthrobby like it there...
their immediate families..."
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 21:57:45 UTC
BAGHDAD, Iraq (AP) - Abu Musab al-Zarqawi, whose bloody campaign of
beheadings and suicide bombings made him the most-wanted terrorist in
Iraq, was killed when U.S. warplanes dropped 500-pound bombs on his
isolated safe house, officials said Thursday. His death was a
long-sought victory in the war in Iraq.

The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.

Fingerprints, tattoos and scars helped U.S. troops identify al-Zarqawi's
body, White House spokesman Tony Snow said. The U.S. military released a
picture of al-Zarqawi's face after the airstrike, with his eyes closed
and spots of blood behind him, an image reminiscent of photos of Saddam
Hussein's slain sons from the early days of the war.

"Al-Zarqawi was eliminated," Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki said.

President Bush, who learned of the deadly airstrike Wednesday afternoon,
hailed the killing as "a severe blow to al-Qaida and it is a significant
victory in the war on terror."

But he cautioned: "We have tough days ahead of us in Iraq that will
require the continuing patience of the American people."

"Those who disrupt the course of life, like al-Zarqawi, will have a
tragic end," the Iraqi prime minister said. He warned those who would
follow the militant's lead that "whenever there is a new al-Zarqawi, we
will kill him."

"This is a message for all those who embrace violence, killing and
destruction to stop and to (retreat) before it's too late," he said. "It
is an open battle with all those who incite sectarianism."

Al-Maliki said tips from area residents helped lead to the airstrike. A
Jordanian official said the kingdom also gave the U.S. military
information on tracking down al-Zarqawi, who claimed responsibility for
the triple suicide bombing of hotels in Jordan's capital, which killed
60 people - mostly Sunni Muslims. The attack drew condemnation from the
Arab world, including Islamic militants.

In London, British Prime Minister Tony Blair said al-Zarqawi's death
"was very good news, because a blow against al-Qaida in Iraq was a blow
against al-Qaida everywhere." Afghan President Hamid Karzai called the
killing "a significant step in ridding the world of the menace of
terrorism."

In Jordan, al-Zarqawi's older brother said the insurgent leader was a
martyr.

http://apnews.myway.com/article/20060608/D8I490HG3.html
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
nick
2006-06-08 22:05:38 UTC
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?

Is this how you fat americans get to bring back lynching brown people?
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 22:13:57 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Oh I see, he might have been loony toons at the time of the beheadings
because his dad called him a poopoo head. Now he only deserves 3 weeks
in a nut house and 4 years probation. Gotchya.
Post by nick
Is this how you fat americans get to bring back lynching brown people?
Well, two browns equals one black so we have a lot of catching up to do.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
nick
2006-06-08 22:23:40 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Oh I see, he might have been loony toons at the time of the beheadings
because his dad called him a poopoo head. Now he only deserves 3 weeks in
a nut house and 4 years probation. Gotchya.
Isn't that how civilised countries work?
You'd better put on your KKK cape and get cracking...
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 22:35:43 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Oh I see, he might have been loony toons at the time of the beheadings
because his dad called him a poopoo head. Now he only deserves 3 weeks in
a nut house and 4 years probation. Gotchya.
Isn't that how civilised countries work?
No, civilized countries drop 500 lb bombs on him. I wonder what he
thought when he heard the whistle falling from the sky?
Post by nick
Is this how you fat americans get to bring back lynching brown people?
Well, two browns equals one black so we have a lot of catching up to do.
You'd better put on your KKK cape and get cracking...
We call it "spreading the love".
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
nick
2006-06-08 22:39:19 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Oh I see, he might have been loony toons at the time of the beheadings
because his dad called him a poopoo head. Now he only deserves 3 weeks in
a nut house and 4 years probation. Gotchya.
Isn't that how civilised countries work?
No, civilized countries drop 500 lb bombs on him. I wonder what he thought
when he heard the whistle falling from the sky?
Wicked I'm going to be a martyr?
You tell them that as you lynch them?
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 22:51:36 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Oh I see, he might have been loony toons at the time of the beheadings
because his dad called him a poopoo head. Now he only deserves 3 weeks in
a nut house and 4 years probation. Gotchya.
Isn't that how civilised countries work?
No, civilized countries drop 500 lb bombs on him. I wonder what he thought
when he heard the whistle falling from the sky?
Wicked I'm going to be a martyr?
How about "Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!!!!!!"
Post by nick
Is this how you fat americans get to bring back lynching brown people?
Well, two browns equals one black so we have a lot of catching up to do.
You'd better put on your KKK cape and get cracking...
We call it "spreading the love".
You tell them that as you lynch them?
Nah, that would be mean!!
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
nick
2006-06-08 23:18:23 UTC
Post by nick
[...]
Those Muslims are happy to die for their cause, innit.
Being told that a fat white bloke loves you would be a bit cruel...
America the Beautiful
2006-06-08 23:41:18 UTC
Post by nick
[...]
Too bad they aren't all happy to die for their cause.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
George
2006-06-10 05:19:01 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
If we were discussing a civilized person in a peace time situation, that
would be true. Since that isn't the case, your point is moot, Nicky.

George
Anthropy
2006-06-10 13:06:10 UTC
On Sat, 10 Jun 2006 01:19:01 -0400, "George"
Post by George
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
If we were discussing a civilized person in a peace time situation, that
would be true. Since that isn't the case, your point is moot, Nicky.
George
We're discussing a brave freedom fighter who heroically battled
against the invading cowardly torturing scum that is the US military.
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-10 14:24:30 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Funny how you don't connect the Zarqawi raid to the deaths of the people
in the house.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Anthropy
2006-06-10 14:42:00 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Er no. The innocent people in that house were slaughtered in
retribution for a roadside bomb that killed a yank. Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
America the Beautiful
2006-06-10 19:50:32 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Oh well, war is hell innit.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Anthropy
2006-06-12 01:58:59 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
This isn't a war. This is an invasion and occupation.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's. The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
America the Beautiful
2006-06-12 04:36:33 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
But you always say we're losing, so why do you suppose we are still there?
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Terrorists in training.
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's.
Check your facts again. We had help killing this guy from many muslim
countries in the ME. The whole world wanted him dead! Even OBL wanted
him dead!! You dopey asshole.
Post by Anthropy
The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
Of course they do, but guess what, when we leave they'll do anything to
keep us allies. The Iraqi people know damn well what our intentions are
and like it - even if they don't like the way they're doing it. One
thing they like is seeing policemen in their country fighting terror
with they latest state of the art equipment. They also like having a
formidable military with the US as allies, making them one of the most
strongest nations on earth with they're former enemy backing them up.
They also like Fox News. So, one might say they're warming up to the deal.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Anthropy
2006-06-12 05:17:08 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Because you haven't gained control of the oil yet. By control I mean
destroyed all those that stand in the way of your desire to control
Iraqi oil.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Terrorists in training.
Surely that's a reason to nuke America.
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's.
Check your facts again. We had help killing this guy from many muslim
countries in the ME. The whole world wanted him dead! Even OBL wanted
him dead!! You dopey asshole.
So you are working with OBL again?
Post by Anthropy
The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
Of course they do, but guess what, when we leave they'll do anything to
keep us allies.
Only those "friendly" officials that you have installed. They want you
to stay to maintain there illusion of power. Can you imagine America
allowing a referendum on the issue in newly democratic Iraq? Of course
not.
Post by America the Beautiful
The Iraqi people know damn well what our intentions are
and like it - even if they don't like the way they're doing it.
You mean they object to the continual slaughter of innocent Iraqi
civilians? Dam ingrates.
They have been protesting, even the Iraqi PM protested last week.
America's response, to kill more.
Post by America the Beautiful
One
thing they like is seeing policemen in their country fighting terror
with they latest state of the art equipment.
"BAGHDAD, June 10 (UPI) -- Erratic pay, inadequate food and poor
living conditions are driving several hundred Iraqi soldiers out of
the army every month."
http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/18314
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like having a
formidable military with the US as allies,
Who is this "they" that you refer to!!? It can't be the Iraqi people
because you are killing them or causing their deaths at a ridiculous
rate. Obviously you must mean the Iraqi government that you have
installed and control.
Post by America the Beautiful
making them one of the most
strongest nations on earth with they're former enemy backing them up.
So America invades Iraq, stirs up a civil war then offers to protect
the Iraqi people from violence which America has caused and
continually commits. So America protects Iraq from American
aggression. Something wrong somewhere surely?
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like Fox News. So, one might say they're warming up to the deal.
You're saying Iraqis like to sit down and watch Fox news on their
tellys as it tells them how great things are in Baghdad and how well
the war is going? I suppose Fox wouldn't bother to mention the
atrocities or the slaughter committed by the US military so you're
probably right. Still it must be very hard for them to even watch
their tellys considering electricity is still very limited in Baghdad
but hey, you heard it on Fox so its got to be true, right?
America the Beautiful
2006-06-12 11:10:16 UTC
Post by Anthropy
[...]
But we're moving away from crude. Its so old tech. Ever heard of diesel
from discarded veggie oil? McD's will be Bigger then BP.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Terrorists in training.
Surely that's a reason to nuke America.
Many have tried but failed, but you'll still have to wait in line.
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's.
Check your facts again. We had help killing this guy from many muslim
countries in the ME. The whole world wanted him dead! Even OBL wanted
him dead!! You dopey asshole.
So you are working with OBL again?
You think OBL tipped us off? Hummm, I didn't think of that, but its
plausible and not surprising.
Post by Anthropy
The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
Of course they do, but guess what, when we leave they'll do anything to
keep us allies.
Only those "friendly" officials that you have installed.
They were elected, Dopey.
Post by Anthropy
They want you
to stay to maintain there illusion of power. Can you imagine America
allowing a referendum on the issue in newly democratic Iraq? Of course
not.
Post by America the Beautiful
The Iraqi people know damn well what our intentions are
and like it - even if they don't like the way they're doing it.
You mean they object to the continual slaughter of innocent Iraqi
civilians? Dam ingrates.
Of course they object - that's why they wanted your hero dead.
Post by Anthropy
They have been protesting,
Thanks to their new freedoms.
Post by Anthropy
even the Iraqi PM protested last week.
America's response, to kill more.
Post by America the Beautiful
One
thing they like is seeing policemen in their country fighting terror
with they latest state of the art equipment.
"BAGHDAD, June 10 (UPI) -- Erratic pay, inadequate food and poor
living conditions are driving several hundred Iraqi soldiers out of
the army every month."
http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/18314
Sounds like Scotland, but I was talking about the police - not the troops.
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like having a
formidable military with the US as allies,
Who is this "they" that you refer to!!? It can't be the Iraqi people
because you are killing them or causing their deaths at a ridiculous
rate. Obviously you must mean the Iraqi government that you have
installed and control.
What part of "they were elected" is the most confusing to you?
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
making them one of the most
strongest nations on earth with they're former enemy backing them up.
So America invades Iraq, stirs up a civil war then offers to protect
the Iraqi people from violence which America has caused and
continually commits. So America protects Iraq from American
aggression. Something wrong somewhere surely?
Yeah, your facts.
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like Fox News. So, one might say they're warming up to the deal.
You're saying Iraqis like to sit down and watch Fox news on their
tellys as it tells them how great things are in Baghdad and how well
the war is going?
When has Fox said that recently?
Post by Anthropy
I suppose Fox wouldn't bother to mention the
atrocities or the slaughter committed by the US military so you're
probably right. Still it must be very hard for them to even watch
their tellys considering electricity is still very limited in Baghdad
but hey, you heard it on Fox so its got to be true, right?
Fair and balanced innit.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Anthropy
2006-06-12 20:02:43 UTC
Post by Anthropy
[...]
The US is currently exporting about 70% of all Iraqi crude straight
to the US for use in the US!!!
Post by America the Beautiful
Its so old tech. Ever heard of diesel
from discarded veggie oil? McD's will be Bigger then BP.
Sounds like a third world economics to me.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Terrorists in training.
Surely that's a reason to nuke America.
Many have tried but failed, but you'll still have to wait in line.
Really!! who has tried to nuke the US. Tell me so I can send them a
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's.
Check your facts again. We had help killing this guy from many muslim
countries in the ME. The whole world wanted him dead! Even OBL wanted
him dead!! You dopey asshole.
So you are working with OBL again?
You think OBL tipped us off? Hummm, I didn't think of that, but its
plausible and not surprising.
No, you suggested the link.
Post by Anthropy
The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
Of course they do, but guess what, when we leave they'll do anything to
keep us allies.
Only those "friendly" officials that you have installed.
They were elected, Dopey.
Elected!! ha ha ha ha. yeah, like Bush was "elected"
Post by Anthropy
They want you
to stay to maintain there illusion of power. Can you imagine America
allowing a referendum on the issue in newly democratic Iraq? Of course
not.
Post by America the Beautiful
The Iraqi people know damn well what our intentions are
and like it - even if they don't like the way they're doing it.
You mean they object to the continual slaughter of innocent Iraqi
civilians? Dam ingrates.
Of course they object - that's why they wanted your hero dead.
Let's see, how many Iraqi's has Zarqawi killed compared to the US
killing machine? You work it out.
Post by Anthropy
They have been protesting,
Thanks to their new freedoms.
Freedom to be slaughtered by the US military?
Post by Anthropy
even the Iraqi PM protested last week.
America's response, to kill more.
Post by America the Beautiful
One
thing they like is seeing policemen in their country fighting terror
with they latest state of the art equipment.
"BAGHDAD, June 10 (UPI) -- Erratic pay, inadequate food and poor
living conditions are driving several hundred Iraqi soldiers out of
the army every month."
http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/18314
Sounds like Scotland, but I was talking about the police - not the troops.
I wouldn't be so keen to slag Scotland as when the US has been totally
defeated, demoralised and lost even more credibility you might need to
get out when the US civil war starts. You claim to have Scottish blood
but if you keep slagging them they won't let you in, no matter how
much you grovel.
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like having a
formidable military with the US as allies,
Who is this "they" that you refer to!!? It can't be the Iraqi people
because you are killing them or causing their deaths at a ridiculous
rate. Obviously you must mean the Iraqi government that you have
installed and control.
What part of "they were elected" is the most confusing to you?
When any American uses the term "elected" the whole world laughs. See
Bush's election for details.
LOL
America the Beautiful
2006-06-13 02:57:07 UTC
Post by Anthropy
[...]
It's called 'payback'.
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
Its so old tech. Ever heard of diesel
from discarded veggie oil? McD's will be Bigger then BP.
Sounds like a third world economics to me.
Whatever. You should be lucky we even let you use our discovery of oil.
Post by Anthropy
Obviously the
people in the house had nothing to do with the bomb but Americans
just like to kill. Women children, pregnant women, innocent
bystanders, all are fair game to the war mongering yank.
They're all terrorists, so they are all fair game.
Wow, even babies and children?
Terrorists in training.
Surely that's a reason to nuke America.
Many have tried but failed, but you'll still have to wait in line.
Really!! who has tried to nuke the US. Tell me so I can send them a
"Well done, better luck next time" email."
Some guy that tried to sneak over the Canadian border with a dirty bomb.
Oh, and their was this Russian sub bit that somehow sank with a big hole
in it off our east coast. We built a special boat just to raise it so we
can be nice guys and give it back to them, but they said it wasn't
theirs, so we either scrapped it or Clinton sold it to the Chinese (I'm
not sure which).
Post by Anthropy
The yanks are invaders and Iraqi's and their supporters have every
right to defend themselves from you and your barbaric ways. The US is
an unwanted parasite in Iraq and Zarqawi is a hero that will be
remembered as such long after you've performed your famous brown
trousered retreat.
Funny, the celebrations about Zarqawi's death tell a different story.
Among a small minority of pro American Iraqi's.
Check your facts again. We had help killing this guy from many muslim
countries in the ME. The whole world wanted him dead! Even OBL wanted
him dead!! You dopey asshole.
So you are working with OBL again?
You think OBL tipped us off? Hummm, I didn't think of that, but its
plausible and not surprising.
No, you suggested the link.
No I didn't, Stupid.
Post by Anthropy
The majority just want
the occupation to end and the yanks to leave or did you miss that?
Of course they do, but guess what, when we leave they'll do anything to
keep us allies.
Only those "friendly" officials that you have installed.
They were elected, Dopey.
Elected!! ha ha ha ha.
Yeah, elected!! ha ha ha ha.
Post by Anthropy
yeah, like Bush was "elected"
Post by Anthropy
They want you
to stay to maintain there illusion of power. Can you imagine America
allowing a referendum on the issue in newly democratic Iraq? Of course
not.
Post by America the Beautiful
The Iraqi people know damn well what our intentions are
and like it - even if they don't like the way they're doing it.
You mean they object to the continual slaughter of innocent Iraqi
civilians? Dam ingrates.
Of course they object - that's why they wanted your hero dead.
Let's see, how many Iraqi's has Zarqawi killed compared to the US
killing machine? You work it out.
More.
Post by Anthropy
They have been protesting,
Thanks to their new freedoms.
Freedom to be slaughtered by the US military?
Sure - up until recently they never had that right. Just like you have
the right to suck my fat Nazi helmet.
Post by Anthropy
even the Iraqi PM protested last week.
America's response, to kill more.
Post by America the Beautiful
One
thing they like is seeing policemen in their country fighting terror
with they latest state of the art equipment.
"BAGHDAD, June 10 (UPI) -- Erratic pay, inadequate food and poor
living conditions are driving several hundred Iraqi soldiers out of
the army every month."
http://www.politicalgateway.com/news/read/18314
Sounds like Scotland, but I was talking about the police - not the troops.
I wouldn't be so keen to slag Scotland as when the US has been totally
defeated, demoralised and lost even more credibility you might need to
get out when the US civil war starts.
Why?
Post by Anthropy
You claim to have Scottish blood
but if you keep slagging them they won't let you in, no matter how
much you grovel.
I don't want them to let me in - they're the most vulgar lowlife pieces
of shit any man would ever encounter. Funny how I didn't realize this
until I was cross posted to SOC. Chalk one up for ignorance I guess.
Post by Anthropy
Post by America the Beautiful
They also like having a
formidable military with the US as allies,
Who is this "they" that you refer to!!? It can't be the Iraqi people
because you are killing them or causing their deaths at a ridiculous
rate. Obviously you must mean the Iraqi government that you have
installed and control.
What part of "they were elected" is the most confusing to you?
When any American uses the term "elected" the whole world laughs. See
Bush's election for details.
Bush won fair and square, Stupid. You need more research.
Long Island
George
2006-06-10 20:42:29 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Gee, if I can find just one American who doesn't "just like to kill", then
your thesis is invalid. Oops, you can count me as one of those. You lose.

George
Brash
2006-06-11 01:39:41 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
So when are you going to Iraq to join the Jihad against the Yanks, hero?

Say nothing if you're too cowardly to convert your words into actions.
--
You brought it on yourself.

Me.
Anthropy
2006-06-12 02:41:24 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
You're probably American so I'll explain. I'm against the war. Now do
you understand? Now try again and this time try to engage that thing
that sits quietly in your head doing nothing most of the time, your
brain, OK?
Read above.
George
2006-06-12 10:00:19 UTC
Post by Anthropy
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
That explains why you grab any headline that makes Americans look bad and
hold onto it like some coveted trophy, whether or not there is any truth to
it. That explains why you make ignorant claims about Americans, and
consider them to be guilty until proven innocent, all the while whining
that terrorists who would think nothing of slitting your throat should be
considered innocent until proven guilty. Your claim not to hate Americans
is just so much horseshit, Misanthropy.

George
Anthropy
2006-06-12 21:05:18 UTC
On Mon, 12 Jun 2006 06:00:19 -0400, "George"
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
So you're reduced to using the old "you hate Americans ploy eh? I'm
surprised, reading your previous posts I expected a semi decent
argument.
You need to understand a few things. Firstly this NG is called Nuke
the USA which means you're gonna hear a lot of anti American
sentiments here or had you not worked that out? Secondly you're gonna
come against people who have not been brainwashed from birth about the
superiority of the US. We see all your fuckups , atrocities, slaughter
and recognise that the US is a cancer on the positive evolution of
mankind. I have no problems with America. As your compatriots are
always pointing out I use an American news reader. I'm a fan of Soul
Blues and Jazz music.
Just because I disagree with your foreign policy and the way you
casually murder innocent civilians around the globe does not make me
anti (all things ) American just anti the murderous morons you call a
government and the cowardly arseholes who carry out or support
American slaughter.
George
2006-06-10 20:40:49 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
So what drug are you taking that makes you so delusional?

George
America the Beautiful
2006-06-10 20:44:51 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
English slum smog.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
Anthropy
Read a newpaper, then we'll talk.
George
2006-06-12 02:37:46 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Gee, Mr. Bogus. I have yet to see one western newspaper offer up any
sympathy for Zarki. Perhaps you've been reading too much "Terrorist News
Daily".

George
Anthropy
2006-06-12 04:23:50 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
[...]
Who said they did? Don't answer a question that hasn't been asked,
it's a trifle immature to say the least.
My point as you know was.
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
See, no reference to any newspaper or did you miss the word " I feel"
which makes it my opinion. When did YOU start believing that people
should not be allowed to express their opinions?
I try not to read American newspapers.
George
2006-06-12 04:53:03 UTC
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
See, no reference to any newspaper or did you miss the word " I feel"
which makes it my opinion. When did YOU start believing that people
should not be allowed to express their opinions?
You have the right to make a complete fool out of yourself, and I promise
to stand beside you and make sure that nobody interferes. Go for it,
Misanthropy.

George
Anthropy
2006-06-12 06:08:34 UTC
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
Post by George
Post by Anthropy
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
See, no reference to any newspaper or did you miss the word " I feel"
which makes it my opinion. When did YOU start believing that people
should not be allowed to express their opinions?
You have the right to make a complete fool out of yourself, and I promise
to stand beside you and make sure that nobody interferes. Go for it,
Misanthropy.
George
Gosh...such wit. Once again you didn't waste any time debating the
points raised just a quick insult at the end. Are you sure you
shouldn't be posting at alt boring.old.fart? Obviously the excitement
of posting on antu is to much for you. It causes your brain to freeze
and you to constantly post inane drivel.
Brash
2006-06-11 01:38:09 UTC
Post by George
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
If we were discussing a civilized person in a peace time situation, that
would be true. Since that isn't the case, your point is moot, Nicky.
George
Well, you'd be a right-royal fuckwit.
Post by Anthropy
We're discussing a brave freedom fighter
Why would a Jordanian give a flying fuck about the Iraqis?

The cunt even sent his bombers into his native Jordan to spread his
murderous mayhem.

Some "freedom fighter".
Post by Anthropy
who heroically
"Heroically". What a fuckwit you are. Your "hero" tortured people and sawed
their heads off.

You deserve a good kick in the head. Might knock some sense into you.
Post by Anthropy
battled
against the invading cowardly torturing scum that is the US military.
If that's true of the Yanks, then it's certainly true of your Jordanian
"hero".
Post by Anthropy
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
Only total fuckwits such as yourself.
--
You brought it on yourself.

Me.
R.Peffers.
PLONK!
America the Beautiful
2006-06-11 22:38:23 UTC
Post by R.Peffers.
Post by Anthropy
After this weeks revelations regarding more US atrocities (the
shooting of entire families, the shooting of pregnant women etc) I
feel most people will have sympathy for Al- Zarqawi.
Only total fuckwits such as yourself.
--
You brought it on yourself.
Me.
PLONK!
Go plonk yourself, Pops.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
George
2006-06-10 05:16:49 UTC
Post by nick
Post by America the Beautiful
The targeted airstrike Wednesday evening was the culmination of a
two-week-long hunt for al-Zarqawi, the leader of al-Qaida in Iraq. Tips
from senior militants led U.S. forces to follow al-Zarqawi's spiritual
adviser to the safe house, 30 miles outside Baghdad, for a meeting with
the terror leader. The adviser, Sheik Abdul Rahman, was among those killed.
Why are you celebrating execution without trial?
Is this how you fat americans get to bring back lynching brown people?
I don't know Nick. I saw the man's picture on the internet, and he sure
looked red (and black and blue) to me.

George
Ray
2006-06-09 01:15:26 UTC
Who says this!!!
This comes from the same people who told us that Iraq had WMDs!!!
They said this once before!
Provide evidence of his body and DNA.
Long Island
America the Beautiful
2006-06-09 10:23:46 UTC
Post by Ray
Who says this!!!
This comes from the same people who told us that Iraq had WMDs!!!
They have had WMD's. You don't agree?
Post by Ray
They said this once before!
Have we? When?
Post by Ray
Provide evidence of his body and DNA.
Been there - done that.
Long Island
Larry in AZ
2006-06-09 17:51:11 UTC
Post by Ray
Who says this!!!
This comes from the same people who told us that Iraq had WMDs!!!
The US, UK, France, Germany and Russian intelligence sources..?
Post by Ray
They said this once before!
Provide evidence of his body and DNA.
It's there. You're planning on a trip to go look at it..?

Piss off, asswipe...
their immediate families..."
Arthur Brain
2006-06-16 19:57:17 UTC
Post by Larry in AZ
Post by Ray
Who says this!!!
This comes from the same people who told us that Iraq had WMDs!!!
The US, UK, France, Germany and Russian intelligence sources..?
Sources which, just like the CIA, said there was no credible evidence
for WMDs.

Didn't stop your idiot going to war anyway.

Closely followed by our war criminal leaders - ours don't even have
abject stupidity as an excuse so their crime is far worse.

R.Peffers.
2006-06-10 00:06:45 UTC
Post by Ray
Who says this!!!
This comes from the same people who told us that Iraq had WMDs!!!
They said this once before!
Provide evidence of his body and DNA.
snip
Bloody top-posters!!!
PLONK!
America the Beautiful
2006-06-09 10:57:28 UTC
Post by s***@yahoo.co.uk
[...]
And look what happened - they became a nation of criminals.
--
Chris Fleitman
Long Island
j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
2006-06-05 16:09:20 UTC
You can hit someone around the head with a four-by-two, or you can hit
them upside the head with a two-by-four. Wood sizes also depend on dialect.
I'll have three metres of two-by-four, please, oh, and
twenty feet of 2.5mm cable.
JGH
Peter Moylan
2006-06-06 03:46:05 UTC
Post by j***@arcade.demon.co.uk
You can hit someone around the head with a four-by-two, or you can hit
them upside the head with a two-by-four. Wood sizes also depend on dialect.
I'll have three metres of two-by-four, please, oh, and
twenty feet of 2.5mm cable.
I could tell that that was posted from the UK without even looking at
your address.

Phonedude
2006-06-05 17:37:31 UTC
My dad once belted me round the head...
That would be "around" the head here...
Round = circle shaped
Around = in the vicinity of
It's "around the head" anywhere. Sometimes pronounced " 'round the
head " Which, of course, leads directly to writing the wrong word. For
lack of an apostrophe, the usage was lost . . .

PD
Phonedude
2006-06-05 17:40:33 UTC
Obviously you know jack shit about either, but anyway, we didn't make
the English language, but I admit we made some changes. However, the
'ass' bit we did not change but you idiots seem to think 'arse' is
an actually word. 'Ass' has always had those two meanings. Get over
yourself and get over it, you're making yourself look like an ass
again (you chose which ass you are).
"Arse" comes from Old English "aers", and before that from
proto-Germanic. "Ass" comes from Old English "assa", which in turn comes
from a Celtic word. Different words, different meanings, and different
origins.
I'm not sure when "ass" acquired its second meaning, but I suspect that
it was after the establishment of the American colonies. Someon with a
US-published dictionary could probably work it out.
We did it simply to annoy the evil English overlords. After the
Revolution we continued through inertia.
A.Melon
2006-06-07 16:55:55 UTC
As usual in all other things, the Yanks are only half as good as the
rest of
the world when it comes to electricity.
Whereas the civilised world (and much of the 3rd-world even) manages to
produce 240volt city power, those useless pissant americans can only
eke out
a pitiful 120volts.
You think we our home don't have 240 sockets? Your ignorance, and blatant
stupidity, is noted.
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human. Here in
the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use multiphase
power. Moreover, like the rest of the civilised world, we don't approve of
state-sanctioned murder. We're also signatories to teh Geneva Convention.
You and "Arthur Brain" are obviously from an uncivilized third-world country.
Your brainlessness also shows.
Madra Dubh
2006-06-07 17:23:44 UTC
"Trevor"?
Are you pommies still naming your children "Trevor"?
("Wilson" is a Scottish name. What in the world were your parents thinking
of?)
Arthur Brain
2006-06-16 19:54:25 UTC
Post by Madra Dubh
"Trevor"?
Are you pommies still naming your children "Trevor"?
("Wilson" is a Scottish name. What in the world were your parents thinking
of?)
He's probably a Kiwi - they seem to like "Trevor" overe there.

Better than all those utterly stupid Yank names like "Randy" and
"Shaq'uille".
A.Melon
Arthur Brain
2006-06-09 17:30:12 UTC
The Saudis and Iranians, operating in concert, could right now utterly
destroy the USA in 5 days, using nothing but Wall Street Traders -
LOL. Don't think so chump. Those guys couldn't even beat tiny israel
They haven't tried.
meanwhile Yanks cannot defeat tin-pot arab countries
they crushed saddam and the taliban in weeks.
huh? The Taliban is going strong, and Iraq is now *less* controlled
than it was before they invaded it.
peterwn
2006-06-13 20:08:18 UTC
**Only when configured as multiphase, you sad excuse for a human. Here in
the civilised world, we have 415 Volts available, when we use multiphase
power. Moreover, like the rest of the civilised world, we don't approve of
state-sanctioned murder. We're also signatories to teh Geneva Convention.
The North American system was developed in a quite valid way. 120
volts is adequate for most things in houses. Virtually all new houses
in North America would have a 'split phase' 120 / 240 volt supply (this
is not 2 phases from a 3 phase system), both to power larger appliances
and to reduce the voltage drop from the pole transformer to the houses
(small clusters of houses are fed off each transformer unlike Europe,
Austalia and New Zealand where 50 or more houses would be fed off each
transformer in urban areas.

The 120 volt system is acknowldged to be inadequate for major
commercial and industrial uses and higher voltages are used for these
installations with step down transformers or an auxiliary supply for
120 volt outlets.

One could criticise AEG of Germany for foisting a 50 Hz supply on
Europe which is considered to be a less efficient frequency than 60Hz.

It is reasonably fortunate that things have gelled to two major
standards in the world, whereas there could have been a multiplicity of
voltages and frequencies as there was in the early days of electricity.
Brian Dooley
2006-06-14 08:12:15 UTC
On 13 Jun 2006 13:08:18 -0700, "peterwn"
<***@paradise.net.nz> wrote:

snip---
Post by peterwn
One could criticise AEG of Germany for foisting a 50 Hz supply on
Europe which is considered to be a less efficient frequency than 60Hz.
I suppose I knew this at one time, but why?
--
Brian Dooley

Wellington New Zealand