When unemployemt comes to your society....
Add Reply
Ereshkigal
2020-06-27 03:13:25 UTC
*Squeezing Workers to Remain...*
/In an ask Prof. Wolff question/

Source:

/by Dr Richard D. Wolff/
Web: http://www.rdwolff.com
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/economicupdate
Twitter: http://twitter.com/profwolff
Facebook: http://www.facebook.com/EconomicUpdate
http://www.facebook.com/RichardDWolff
http://www.facebook.com/DemocracyatWrk
Subscribe to the EU podcast: http://economicupdate.libsyn.com/

"A patron asks: "Hello Professor Wolff! I work for a grocery delivery
company that has been staying afloat during this time of crisis and
protests. As I do wholeheartedly agree with everything you represent and
teach I do have one question. My company has not cut hours or asked
anyone, to my knowledge, to take a pay cut, yet. Do you project even a
company such as this, who is taking care of their employee's and members
with grocery orders being delivered to them as an essential service, will
ultimately take drastic measures to match the competitiveness in the
grater economy as other companies start to downsize and ask employee's to
do the same work for less pay?"

~~~~
Yes, I know that the political dynamics in OZ is somewhat different from
that of the USA, but our corporate upper class is not at all
different...and by having their political plant, ScoMo in government the
working lower and middle classes here will also experience a very
unpleasant rough ride for the foreseeable future.

*******
IMPORTANT REMINDER:

This current nym I use here will be abandoned by the time many in this ng
read this message.
Regrettably beyond *5 pm on 27 June 2020* any further use of it is just a
lame forgery posted by the nymthieving LNP propagandist from
individual.net.
*Please killfile this nym after its expiry, just like all my previous nyms
as well as the individual.net server unless your limitless desire is to
read lame forgeries by an idiotic troll pretending to be me.*
********
Ördög - the one and only newsgroup Devil
Fran
2020-06-27 05:12:56 UTC
http://youtu.be/gQB0AAivcj8
[...]
Well the one impressive thing the LNP did do was to keep part time
workers who'd only earned a few hundred dollars per week prior to the
covid-19 aid, on $700 pw, despite all the bleats about how unfair that
was and those workers weren't 'entitled' to it as they were effectivley
getting a pay rise. Every time that comment is made on TV, my husband
ruffles his feathers and comments about stimulus and what a dog's
breakfast it would be to try to differentiate at a time when action was
needed NOW (if not sooner).

We may end up having issues but our employers aren't in the same 'screw
you' league as US ones. A big test will come in Sept when JobKeeper is
due to be reviewed - or was it to be reviewed before then?