Inquiry: Pell knew of abuse by Australian pedophile priest
Daniel60
2020-06-11 11:05:34 UTC
When it comes to handling meat (no I'm not talking about the
handling of
kid's meat by RCC sex abusers) she seems to know more then you.
So now you are defending the lazy bitch?
She can defend herself. Just pointing out your ignorance about meat
prod'n and getting the best out of it
Yep.  There used to be a place in Avenel just over the Vic border called
"Harvest Home" (a hotel and a stunning restaurant with a great garden
and a really unique room arrangement [no locks on any doors and so like
staying is a slightly worn private home]).  That place prided itself on
its aged meat and that's how they hung it.  John Eliott used to drop in
for lunch and leave the helicopter parked in the back paddock (or so the
owner told us).
I hadn't thought of that place for years - wonder if it still exists.
Avenel ... "just over the Vic border"??

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Avenel+VIC+3664/@-36.5913632,144.8517052,9z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x6ad81ac14dd21121:0x40579a430a04b50!8m2!3d-36.9!4d145.233333

Fran, your definition of "just over the Vic border" is somewhat more
widespread than mine!! Avenel is only about 125 km north of Melbourne!
You'd need to go as far again to get to the N.S.W. border!!
Daniel
news18
2020-06-11 13:07:05 UTC
snip
Post by Daniel60
Fran, your definition of "just over the Vic border" is somewhat more
widespread than mine!! Avenel is only about 125 km north of Melbourne!
You'd need to go as far again to get to the N.S.W. border!!
It is all a matter of perspective.
In my time as tur guide, we'd rop in at a potter in dorrigo and he speil
included his customers from Perth. When he asked them how they got to hm,
their reply was 'you just drive to sydney and turn left.
Fran
2020-06-12 04:28:35 UTC
Post by Daniel60
snip
[...]
Picky picky! Travel as many hours as we do, and as often as we do, an
hour and half into Victoria is chicken feed.
Daniel60
2020-06-12 12:36:37 UTC
Post by Daniel60
snip
[...]
Having done a lap of Australia by car and driven from Wodonga to
Melbourne (and back) roughly monthly for twenty-odd years....... and
having navigated from London to Edinburgh, I'll grant you that 125 km
might not be much of a drive for some!! ;-)
Daniel
Fran
2020-06-13 01:33:33 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Daniel60
snip
[...]
With that experience, your comment is even more of a surprise. I've got
friends who think that driving more than 500 km in a day is way too
much. We're now old and beginning to see that they may have a point but
they thought that when we were all in our 40s. At that age, we thought
nothing of driving from near Canberra to Adelaide in a day.
Daniel65
2020-06-22 10:37:47 UTC
Post by Daniel60
Post by Fran
Post by Daniel60
snip
[...]
Yeap, did I mention, somewhere, that over the Easter long Week-end back
in 1983, I left Toowoomba Thursday, after finishing work, to Melbourne,
arriving late Friday Evening. Spent a couple of days with family, then
Sunday Afternoon/Evening, set sail for Toowoomba, arriving there late
Monday.

Did I say I don't mind a drive?
Daniel
Fran
2020-06-23 01:04:12 UTC
Post by Daniel65
Post by Daniel60
Post by Daniel60
snip
[...]
Not that I recall..

Post by Daniel65
in 1983, I left Toowoomba Thursday, after finishing work, to Melbourne,
arriving late Friday Evening. Spent a couple of days with family, then
Sunday Afternoon/Evening, set sail for Toowoomba, arriving there late
Monday.
Did I say I don't mind a drive?
No, but I do understand that. We used to like a drive to when we were
younger. Still do but in lesser huge chunks these days.

Daniel65
2020-06-22 10:44:11 UTC
Would you like a menu that I eat from for the last 30 days?
Is it the Maccas menu?
I have no idea what that is.
It is the list of 'food' available at maccas
If you insist on limiting the second law
2nd law of what?
 to applications involving
macca, and that the only entropy is thermal entropy, than Sal is right
that the second law has little to say about the emergence of life on
Earth. But it is not just the "creationists" who apply it much more
generally, many violent opponents of ID (including Asimov, Dawkins,
Styer and Bunn) agree that this emergence does represent a decrease in
"entropy" in the more general sense, they just argue that this menu
decrease is compensated by increases outside our open system, an
argument that is so widely used that I created the video below,
Evolution is a Natural Process Running Backward to address it a few
months ago.
Are you suggesting that life was created in a macca's kitchen.
If that is the case, wouldn't that mean Maccas need to do something
about their Kitchen Hygiene?? ;-P
--
Daniel