The U.S. fanatics who have power or influence ....
Karen Gordon
2005-08-28 04:23:17 UTC
(K): These guys: George W Bush, unbalanced dopehead, drunk, airforce
deserter, warmonger and now President of the almighty U.S.A...... and ....
Pat Robertson, TV for-profit evangelist, religious rightwing fanatic, and
huge supporter of U.S. imperialism and rights all over the globe..... are
the epitome of the 'ugly American' and the dangerous, out-of-control U.S.A.

What bred this kind of person, we all know. The movies that the US-loving,
Jews of Hollywood make for the consumption of the American public are the
brainwashing tools for creating the likes of Pat Robertson and that puke
they know as George W Bush. The majority of Americans think that they are
always right when it comes to international affairs.

They know how to beat their chests better than any other developed country;
they know what is right for the world and "by god" they WILL enforce that
right!

The U.S. has become a land of the deluded, the ignorant, the willing, and
the most easily influenced people on earth. They have lost the ability to
think for themselves and they are unwilling to see themselves from the
perspective of other countries. That, in combination with a hugely-funded
and armed military, makes the U.S.A. a very dangerous country.

THIS is just one example of just how arrogant the U.S. has become and how
openly they are willing to call on the killing of those they perceive as
'enemies of their country' ........
___________________________________

Thursday, August 25, 2005

Robertson's 'assassinate Chavez' talk a symptom

VICTORIA - Its tempting to make fun of Pat Robertson and his assassination
fantasies, to write him off as a nutty novelty act on the American
political-religious scene.

Robertson made the news again with his proposal - on his popular
television show - that the U.S. should just go ahead and kill Venezuelan
President Hugo Chavez. The democratically-elected Chavez is a bad guy,
Robertson said, and America needs Venezuelas oil. Invasions cost too much,
so George Bush should just send some folks off to kill Chavez.

Robertson recanted in an elaborate two-step. First he denied saying Chavez
should be assassinated - a doomed effort since people could watch the
videotape of him saying just that. Then Robertson acknowledged calling for
the killing, and said he was wrong. He was just frustrated that the U.S.
wasn't taking the Chavez threat seriously, Robertson said, accusing Chavez
of a brace of offences, including making common cause with Carlos the
Jackal, a surprise since the terrorist has been a French prison for a decade.

It's the latest in a long line of weird and creepy statements from
Robertson, who is apparently in personal touch with his own cranky God.
He has a long list of enemies, from "liberals to pro-lifers to Supreme Court
justices who are more dangerous to America than a few bearded terrorists
who fly into buildings."

"Gays and their friends are on God's hit list", Robertson says. When Disney
World wouldn't cancel a Gay Pride Month, he predicted some serious smiting.

"I would warn Orlando that you're right in the way of some serious
hurricanes. It'll bring about terrorist bombs. It'll bring earthquakes,
tornadoes and possibly a meteor," he told his TV audience.

It all sounds looney, in a hateful kind of way, the rantings you would
expect from a disgruntled lonely guy down in the local coffee shop.
But about 860,000 Americans tune in each day to The 700 Club, Robertson's
flagship TV show, more than CNN attracts in prime time. Robertson's
Christian Broadcasting Network has more than 1,000 employees, and its news
talk shows get the top politicians in Washington as regular guests. (The
700 Club is broadcast in Canada on the Miracle Channel.)

And despite Robertson's nutty comments, he has political influence as a
leader of the evangelical right. George Bush meets with Robertson, who
takes credit for a major push to help Bush in both his election wins.

Robertson's influence, some contend, is fading. But the White Houses
cautious reaction to the 'lets-kill-Chavez' comments show an eagerness to
keep him and his supporters on good terms. A State Department spokesman
said the comments were "inappropriate," but didn't say they were wrong, or
stupid, or unhelpful.

Defense Secretary Donald Rumsfield said the Pentagon doesn't 'do'
assassinations, but he wouldn't criticize the comments. "He's a private
citizen, Rumsfield said. Private citizens say all kinds of things
all the time."

But most of those private citizens don't have access to the president, or a
national TV audience.

It's all helpful to Chavez, who has already claimed the U.S. wants him dead
because of his leftist policies and alliance with Fidel Castro.

And in a small way, its probably unhelpful to Stephen Harper and the
Conservatives. Many Canadians worry about the influence of social
conservatives and the religious right on the party. This affair shows how
large that influence has become in the U.S.

But mostly it's another reminder of how dangerous people can be when they
believe they have a direct and certain line to God.

Osama Bin Laden finds justification for blowing up civilians, something the
Koran forbids.

Robertson finds grounds for killing leaders of other countries. Their
certainty that they are right makes them dangerous.

Faith is a wonderful and powerful thing. It naturally shapes the way
people live their lives.

But when its used to justify compelling others to live the same way, it
becomes a menace, as Robertson has again shown.
--
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Government ..... cannot be wiser than the people
""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""
Bill
2005-08-28 04:30:30 UTC
Hey let me go out on a limb and suggest that you might be just a tad of a
racist bigot. Don't post. Just don't.
Thom
2005-08-28 21:30:11 UTC
Post by Bill
Hey let me go out on a limb and suggest that you might be just a tad of a
racist bigot. Don't post. Just don't.
His problem is that he posts while his brain is at the dry cleaners.

THOM
Men
2005-08-28 12:30:02 UTC
he shouldn't post. were better than him
Steven L.
2005-08-28 14:48:16 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
(K): These guys: George W Bush, unbalanced dopehead, drunk, airforce
deserter, warmonger and now President of the almighty U.S.A...... and ....
Pat Robertson, TV for-profit evangelist, religious rightwing fanatic, and
huge supporter of U.S. imperialism and rights all over the globe..... are
the epitome of the 'ugly American' and the dangerous, out-of-control U.S.A.
What bred this kind of person, we all know. The movies that the US-loving,
Jews of Hollywood make for the consumption of the American public are the
brainwashing tools for creating the likes of Pat Robertson and that puke
they know as George W Bush.
Now that's a unique theory: You're claiming "the [liberal] Jews of
HOLLYWOOD" deliberately helped Bush win the White House.

Ha, ha, ho, ho.
That's a real knee-slapper.
Post by Karen Gordon
The majority of Americans think that they are
always right when it comes to international affairs.
We Americans don't think we're omniscient.

But we do think that when we Americans and the British both fail to
tackle a serious international issue, no one else steps up to the plate
to tackle it either.

Case in point: Rwanda. I freely admit that America ducked that issue,
unfortunately. But I didn't see France or Canada leading some kind of
massive effort, with or without the U.N., to stop the slaughter there
EITHER.

Another case in point: Israel-Palestine. I freely admit that there is
a conflict of interest between America's longstanding friendship with
Israel and America's role as "honest broker" to mediate between Israel
and the Palestinians. But I don't see ANY OTHER NATION volunteering to
be that "honest broker" in our place. Why doesn't Paul Martin volunteer
to be the "honest broker" between Israel and Palestine? Wouldn't it be
a triumph for Canada if you could bring peace there?

Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
Email: ***@earthlinkNOSPAM.net

Mitchell Holman
2005-08-28 17:06:27 UTC
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
And what did the War Against Iraq have
to do with 9/11, again?
Sid9
They're still trotting that discredited crap out?
Thom
2005-08-28 21:33:16 UTC
Post by Sid9
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve
its problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation
that tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of
our blood and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World
War I to 9-11, the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a
pretty loud knock.
And what did the War Against Iraq have
to do with 9/11, again?
They're still trotting that discredited crap out?
Yup, Iraq is crap. Time we got back to fighting the war on terrorism.

Thom
who unlike the coward in the white house is a Viet Nam vet
Plotter Star
2005-08-28 17:40:38 UTC
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
And what did the War Against Iraq have
to do with 9/11, again?
It has nothing to do with it, but arrogant right wing stooges like
Litvintchouk love to show everyone how obtuse, uninformed and ignorant they
are as they thump their chests in their basement apartments and their bird-
brained and imbecilic opinions in the name of patriotism.
Thom
2005-08-28 21:32:12 UTC
On Sun, 28 Aug 2005 12:06:27 -0500, Mitchell Holman
Post by Mitchell Holman
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
And what did the War Against Iraq have
to do with 9/11, again?
It didn't, the war on terrorism is in Afghanistan. Bush cut and ran
while we were still fighting to go get revenge for his disgraced
father in Iraq.

THOM
h***@aol.com
2005-09-01 10:49:24 UTC
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
what a laod of bullshit. You involved yourself in everything for your own
monetary benefit. Nobdy wants you involved and nobdy wants you around. Dont
tell me about the great burden of being involved you arent anything but
fucking thieves...piss off.
Siobhan Medeiros
2005-08-28 20:30:23 UTC
Post by Karen Gordon
The majority of Americans think that they are
always right when it comes to international affairs.
We Americans don't think we're omniscient.
But we do think that when we Americans and the British both fail to
tackle a serious international issue, no one else steps up to the plate
to tackle it either.
Case in point: Rwanda. I freely admit that America ducked that issue,
unfortunately.
But I didn't see France or Canada leading some kind of
massive effort, with or without the U.N., to stop the slaughter there
EITHER.
Um, are you stupid? It was a Canadian general in charge of the whole
thing. He begged, he pleaded for more troops but the US wouldn't
listen. What's worse, when the slaughter began, and he called on the
US to live up to their promise to support the intervention effort, they
bailed on him. The UN's only screwup was they trusted the Americans to
keep their promises.
Post by Steven L.
Another case in point: Israel-Palestine. I freely admit that there is
a conflict of interest between America's longstanding friendship with
Israel and America's role as "honest broker" to mediate between Israel
and the Palestinians. But I don't see ANY OTHER NATION volunteering to
be that "honest broker" in our place.
Actually, Germany, Britain, France, and a lot of other European nations
have volunteered. But it's all pretty pointless when the US funds the
Israeli military to the tune of $3 billion a year. How are you
supposed to be an "honest broker" with that going on?
Post by Steven L.
Why doesn't Paul Martin volunteer
to be the "honest broker" between Israel and Palestine? Wouldn't it be
a triumph for Canada if you could bring peace there?
It's a pointless effort as long as the US continues to write the
Israelis a blank cheque. Why should Israel listen to any "honest
broker" when the US is in their pocket?
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us.
Most of our problems are because of you.
Post by Steven L.
We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements.
LOL. "Isolationist". We wish. Who was it that overthrew the
democratic government of Iran? Or Chile? Or Guatemala? Remember
"Operation Condor"? Funding the Taliban in Afghanistan? The Contras
in Nicaragua? Remember El Salvador? Who props up the
terrorist-friendly government of Saudi Arabia? Who is the biggest
economic partner of China, one of the most repressive countries in the
world? We only wish you guys were isolationist.
Post by Steven L.
We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
9-11 was the world telling you to clean up your own mess. Too bad you
decided to make an even bigger mess instead.
Post by Steven L.
--
Steven D. Litvintchouk
James H. Hood
2005-09-04 06:31:35 UTC
"The world" didn't hijack planes, moron.
Gregory Shearman
2005-09-05 02:46:36 UTC
Post by James H. Hood
Post by Siobhan Medeiros
9-11 was the world telling you to clean up your own mess.
"The world" didn't hijack planes, moron.
No, the Saudis did... So Bush invaded Iraq...

Who's calling who a moron?
--
Regards,
Gregory.
"Ding-a-Ding Dang, My Dang-a-Long Ling Long."
Kytis
2005-09-05 08:47:03 UTC
Post by Gregory Shearman
No, the Saudis did... So Bush invaded Iraq...
Who's calling who a moron?
It was not a plane that hit Pentagon. Most likely it was a missile.
--
Kytis

"Isän tärkein tehtävä on kasvattaa tyttärensä niin,
ettei hän huoli paskaa jätkää miehekseen" J.Sarasvuo
James H. Hood
2005-09-06 07:53:35 UTC
Moron.
Kytis
2005-09-06 15:23:05 UTC
Post by James H. Hood
Post by Kytis
It was not a plane that hit Pentagon. Most likely it was a missile.
Moron.
Does it make a moron, if I refuse to swallow that utmost bullshit fed by
your fuerer. Tells more about you, if you believe the official story.

James H. Hood
2005-09-07 22:20:12 UTC
Post by Kytis
Does it make a moron, if I refuse to swallow that utmost bullshit fed by
your fuerer.
No, it makes you a Haldol-fueled idiot to beleive this black-helicopter
bullshit in the face of video and eyewitness reports.
Siobhan Medeiros
2005-09-08 01:16:22 UTC
Post by Kytis
Post by Gregory Shearman
No, the Saudis did... So Bush invaded Iraq...
Who's calling who a moron?
It was not a plane that hit Pentagon. Most likely it was a missile.
--
Kytis
Riiiight. A missile with airline markings, launched after the CIA used
their imfamous Plane Disintegrator Ray on the real airliner.
Kytis
2005-09-08 08:27:15 UTC
Post by Siobhan Medeiros
Riiiight. A missile with airline markings, launched after the CIA used
their imfamous Plane Disintegrator Ray on the real airliner.
Show me a picture of an airliner hitting the Pentagon. You can't, since
there aren't any available. FBI confiscated all the CCTV tapes around
the area and they have been classified ever since. The physical evidence
on the lawn doesn't indicate there was a plane...

Thom
2005-09-05 09:46:14 UTC
On Mon, 05 Sep 2005 12:46:36 +1000, Gregory Shearman
Post by Gregory Shearman
Post by James H. Hood
Post by Siobhan Medeiros
9-11 was the world telling you to clean up your own mess.
"The world" didn't hijack planes, moron.
No, the Saudis did... So Bush invaded Iraq...
Who's calling who a moron?
Its obvious that since god sat on a large part of the Gulf States that
we should invade Shri Lanka. After all we have to be consistant.

THOM
James H. Hood
2005-09-06 07:53:16 UTC
Nor did "the Saudis", shitferbrains.
Frank F. Matthews
2005-09-06 14:21:17 UTC
Post by James H. Hood
Post by Gregory Shearman
Post by James H. Hood
Post by Siobhan Medeiros
9-11 was the world telling you to clean up your own mess.
"The world" didn't hijack planes, moron.
No, the Saudis did... So Bush invaded Iraq...
Nor did "the Saudis", shitferbrains.
I suppose that it depends on what you mean by Saudis. While not actual
representatives of the Saudi government most of the hijackers were Saudi.

None were Iraqi or had any relationship[ to the Iraq government.
James H. Hood
2005-09-07 22:20:33 UTC
Wrong.
Karen Gordon
2005-08-28 18:21:30 UTC
Post by Steven L.
Post by Karen Gordon
(K): These guys: George W Bush, unbalanced dopehead, drunk, airforce
deserter, warmonger and now President of the almighty U.S.A...... and ....
Pat Robertson, TV for-profit evangelist, religious rightwing fanatic, and
huge supporter of U.S. imperialism and rights all over the globe..... are
the epitome of the 'ugly American' and the dangerous, out-of-control U.S.A.
What bred this kind of person, we all know. The movies that the US-loving,
Jews of Hollywood make for the consumption of the American public are the
brainwashing tools for creating the likes of Pat Robertson and that puke
they know as George W Bush.
Now that's a unique theory: You're claiming "the [liberal] Jews of
HOLLYWOOD" deliberately helped Bush win the White House.
(K): No, our Jewish friend, that's not what 'I' claimed; that's what YOU're
saying. I said that Hollywood has helped to brainwash the American public
for many, many years and that the vast majority of producers and heads of
Hollywood production companies are Jews. Got it?
Post by Steven L.
Ha, ha, ho, ho.
That's a real knee-slapper.
(K): Your version IS pretty far out.... might cause a giggle or two.
Post by Steven L.
Post by Karen Gordon
The majority of Americans think that they are
always right when it comes to international affairs.
We Americans don't think we're omniscient.
But we do think that when we Americans and the British both fail to
tackle a serious international issue, no one else steps up to the plate
to tackle it either.
(K): Seems there was no "serious international issue" in Iraq at all. No
weapons of mass destruction. Hussein NOT involved in the attack on your
twin towers. Nada from Iraq except taking a beating for years from an
American blockade. Now, tell us exactly what it was that made you
"non-omniscient" Americans think that Iraq was a "serious international
issue"..... Would your falling reserves of oil have had anything to do
with it?
Post by Steven L.
Case in point: Rwanda. I freely admit that America ducked that issue,
unfortunately. But I didn't see France or Canada leading some kind of
massive effort, with or without the U.N., to stop the slaughter there
EITHER.
(K): The U.N. was there. They were ordered to 'not intervene' as their
primary role was as 'observers'. YOUR country airlifted your guys out
pretty damned quickly, didn't they?
Post by Steven L.
Another case in point: Israel-Palestine. I freely admit that there is
a conflict of interest between America's longstanding friendship with
Israel and America's role as "honest broker" to mediate between Israel
and the Palestinians. But I don't see ANY OTHER NATION volunteering to
be that "honest broker" in our place. Why doesn't Paul Martin volunteer
to be the "honest broker" between Israel and Palestine? Wouldn't it be
a triumph for Canada if you could bring peace there?
(K): Don't even play that silly-bugger game of "honest broker" from the U.S.
side, Litvintchouk ...... the U.S. HAS BEEN ARMING AND SUPPLYING FUNDING
TO ISRAEL FOR GENERATIONS. The U.S. is the primary supporter of Israel and
your Jews in the U.S. are the primary source of fund raising for all things
Israeli. The day the U.S. ever takes on the role of "honest broker"
anywhere on the globe is the day you guys pull all your military from every
country you're now installed in and you kick out your war-loving
administrations.
Post by Steven L.
Nobody would be happier than us Americans if the world could solve its
problems without us. We used to be a very isolationist nation that
tried to avoid foreign entanglements. We've shed too much of our blood
and treasure. But somehow, time after time, from World War I to 9-11,
the world keeps knocking on our door. And 9-11 was a pretty loud knock.
(K): No one has been "knocking on your door", American. What you're
hearing is the gunfire from your military bases all over your own country.

The 'world's problems' are hugely the result of American involvement in
countries all over the world. YOUR installment of YOUR military on THEIR
land. YOUR government deciding that YOUR corporations will use those
countries for their resources, or their cheap labour, or their military
support.

We noticed you tried to sit out WW II..... got a little embarassing when
other countries - like Canada - were over in Europe fighting the Nazis for
almost a year and a half, when YOUR government decided it maybe was getting
too hot for your corporations (the Bush family included) to keep funding the
Nazi cause and maybe they should start to get in line with the allied
countries.

I'd make this a guarantee: If the U.S. got their noses out of every other
country's business, stopped arming them, and withdrew all military forces
from those countries, the "world's problems" would fall by 90%. The
remaining problems would - and should - be tackled by a strengthened UNITED
NATIONS (under whatever umbrella they chose) and comprised of a multitude of
countries from all over the world. No more 'unilateral' actions by bully
countries like yours.

Not too clear? Maybe Michael Moore will get past the Jewish faction one
day and create a film exposing the American/Israeli relationship. Certainly
Mel Gibson experienced full-out censure and attack from the Jews of the U.S.
when he produced 'The Passion of the Christ', didn't he? A lesson on the
amount of power now wielded by Jews in the U.S. Israel would not be such a
threat if the U.S. hadn't helped to create that monster.

--