Decision not to close schools -a health or economic decision?
2020-03-18 21:11:56 UTC
Given that the UK has now shut down schools following the lead of many
other countries I'm starting to suspect that not closing schools is more
an economic decision not a health one.

The information seems to indicate that children can spread COVID-19
while be asymptomatic, schools therefore seem to me to be a hot-spot for
spreading infection. As my primary school teacher daughter said 'we
can't stop the little buggers/darlings spreading nits how are we going
to stop them spreading a virus. Gastro went through the school last year
even with soap and hand-sanitizer everywhere

Albo had a good idea to bring in the arm services medical teams NOW and
I'd include the reserves in that. This would take the pressure off the
medical system if Schools were closed.

The Catholic School system and some other private schools are already
closing and parents pulling their kids out of school anyhow. Only a
matter of time till SloMo does a U-turn on this imo, but probably after
the horse has bolted
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Fran
2020-03-18 23:21:10 UTC
Given that the UK has now shut down schools following the lead of many
other countries I'm starting to suspect that not closing schools is more
an economic decision not a health one.
We think that they are most worried about grandparents being asked to
look after kids and thus further endangering a vulnerable group. We
were always expected to grankid sit till we moved far enough away ot
escape being asked to do that. Health professionals will still be
expected to work and if they cna't get childcare except the grands then
that would nto work well.
Post by Dechucka
The information seems to indicate that children can spread COVID-19
while be asymptomatic, schools therefore seem to me to be a hot-spot for
spreading infection. As my primary school teacher daughter said 'we
can't stop the little buggers/darlings spreading nits how are we going
to stop them spreading a virus. Gastro went through the school last year
even with soap and hand-sanitizer everywhere
Albo had a good idea to bring in the arm services medical teams NOW and
I'd include the reserves in that. This would take the pressure off the
medical system if Schools were closed.
Yep.
yep.
Dechucka
2020-03-18 23:37:11 UTC
Given that the UK has now shut down schools following the lead of many
other countries I'm starting to suspect that not closing schools is
more an economic decision not a health one.
We think that they are most worried about grandparents being asked to
look after kids and thus further endangering a vulnerable group.  We
were always expected to grankid sit till we moved far enough away ot
escape being asked to do that.  Health professionals will still be
expected to work and if they cna't get childcare except the grands then
that would nto work well.
I agree, that is a valid argument plus the loss of essential workers if
they are minding kids. However my understanding is that we are creating
a large number of asymptomatic carriers in the school system. Even now
probably the safest thing is to keep away from the snotty nosed ankle
biters.
Post by Dechucka
The Catholic School system and some other private schools are already
closing and parents pulling their kids out of school anyhow. Only a
matter of time till SloMo does a U-turn on this imo, but probably
after the horse has bolted
yep.
If the schools get closed and they want to dump the sprogs on you, it is
the same as sex (as a teenager if you didn't want it) and drugs "Just
say NO"
--
Remember, STAY SAFE, wash your hands as if you've iust shaken hands with
SloMO
Fran
2020-03-18 23:55:51 UTC
[...]
Yep, but before they do that, they really need to figure out how to deal
with the kids of essential workers. Just as they need to figure out how
to deal with a) food shortages, and b) people not being able to buy fridges.

The govt needs to get urgently get into the archives and dig out old
files on what happened during rationing during the war and figure otu
how that will work NOW. That is IF we've still got old files in any
archives given how the effing LNP outsourced essentials like record
keeping for govt.

I still couldn't buy a chook today and when I asked when they might have
some meat in I was told that Woolies has suspended a lot of deliveries
into shops and they now can't tell customers when things might be
available. So that is one pack of 5 sausage that i've been able to buy
in the last 3 days.
Post by Dechucka
The Catholic School system and some other private schools are already
closing and parents pulling their kids out of school anyhow. Only a
matter of time till SloMo does a U-turn on this imo, but probably
after the horse has bolted
yep.
If the schools get closed and they want to dump the sprogs on you, it is
the same as sex (as a teenager if you didn't want it) and drugs "Just
say NO"
Ha! The parents are totally stupid! When a grandchild rings you and
says they are walking down the driveway to the house so can you please
go and open the door in 2 minutes time, there is no way of saying no -
the parents car is long gone by that time.
Petzl
2020-03-19 01:13:21 UTC
I still couldn't buy a chook today and when I asked when they might have
some meat in I was told that Woolies has suspended a lot of deliveries
into shops and they now can't tell customers when things might be
available. So that is one pack of 5 sausage that i've been able to buy
in the last 3 days.
Bought a frozen Turkey wrapped in foil from Woolies,thawed, cooked it
slow heat on deep fry pan with vented glass lid. and turning it every
15 minutes over hour, Served with potatoes, carrots gravy, Really
nice.
Macarthur Square has butchers with whatever you want. Except lamb
kidney. Fruit vege shop fresh and better than Woolies.
Booze so far has no panic buying?
Major concern/theory is the $AU diving
Bought a pack toilet rolls on Amazon yesterday
<https://www.amazon.com.au/gp/product/B085HC7C23/ref=ppx_od_dt_b_asin_title_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1>
https://is.gd/vX6x0x
YINROM Ultra Soft Touch Toilet Paper 4-Ply Toilet Tissues Bath Tissue
Giant Roll 10 Family Rolls
Condition: New
Sold by: YINROM $15.88
Mark Latham has seen the light
Voting Coalition, Labor or "Greens" because you hate One Nation is like eating shit because you hate spinach

ALWAYS Vote oligarchies Coalition, Labor, "Greens"
*LAST*, Federal State and Council!
Dechucka
2020-03-19 01:20:31 UTC
Booze so far has no panic buying?
So no DTs for you
Ördög
2020-03-19 00:10:33 UTC
[...]
ScoMO's recently found leadership backbone doesn't seem to have lasted
that far.
At this point in time all schools should be closed to minimise spread of
the virus via most likely asymptomatic community members like school age
children.
Welcome to real Hell on Earth! :)
That is when Lieberals and Countrymorons running the show.
They rain down on you *at your expense* hate, greed, bullying, nepotism
and plutocracy!
Fran
2020-03-19 03:11:52 UTC
[...]
:-)) And I had some hopes for him....
Post by Ördög
At this point in time all schools should be closed to minimise spread of
the virus via most likely asymptomatic community members like school age
children.
Yep and other restrictions too. Going to the shops for non existent
goods 3 days in a row is simply ridiculous. If I could shop once a week
or once a fortnight as I've always done in the past, that would be more
use to me in being successful at self isolation.