Virus shutdowns are clearing our atmosphere . . . .
Add Reply
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-21 03:42:58 UTC
China . . . Italy . . . San Francisco . . . New York . . .
Bur if we go back to our polluting ways, these benefits will become just a memory.
_______________________________

Coronavirus shutdowns have unintended climate benefits: cleaner air, clearer water

"I think there are some big-picture lessons here that could be very useful," one scientist said.

https://www.nbcnews.com/science/environment/coronavirus-shutdowns-have-unintended-climate-benefits-n1161921
_______________________________________

Coronavirus’s unexpected silver lining is revealed in Italy

Meanwhile, a near shutdown of cruise- and cargo-ship traffic around Italy’s canal city of Venice has resulted in fish returning to the Venice lagoon and canals for the first time in decades.

Italian media credits cleaner air and a lack of foot traffic for a bloom in springtime flowers carpeting Rome’s urban parks, with patches of wild flowers growing to a size normally seen in May.

https://fortune.com/2020/03/19/coronavirus-italy-lockdown-environmental-impact-silver-lining-covid-19/
_____________________________

Coronavirus is curbing carbon emissions

https://www.aljazeera.com/ajimpact/coronavirus-curbing-carbon-emissions-200310205000051.html
Fran
2020-03-21 06:10:32 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
China . . . Italy . . . San Francisco . . . New York . . .
Bur if we go back to our polluting ways, these benefits will become just a memory.
_______________________________
Coronavirus shutdowns have unintended climate benefits: cleaner air, clearer water
Yep. gotta be some up side t it. Weeks ago now, I saw (somewhere or
other) 2 google earth pics taken from a long way into the sky of Beijing
a couple of weeks apart. One was just grey cover as that was 'normal'
activity time and the next pic had now grey mush as it was taken during
Covid-19 lockdown
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-21 20:54:37 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com
[...]
Here's a link with a time-lapse video for the Italy region:

https://www.cbsnews.com/news/coronavirus-satellite-animation-shows-pollution-clearing-over-china-and-italy/
b***@gmail.com
2020-03-21 21:06:32 UTC
Post by b***@gmail.com