China tariffs on barley etc
2020-05-17 21:11:09 UTC
This seems to be totally political because of SloMos push for an
investigation of the source of SARS-Cov-19. The Chinese are using
tariffs on a product they can get elsewhere but will effect Australian
farmers deeply.
May I suggest exports tarrifs on iron ore and coal from Australia to
China as these are products THEY need. At some time you need to stand up
to the bullies, our economy is stuffed at the moment so we should take
short term pain.
Fran
2020-05-18 02:27:55 UTC
This seems to be totally political
Yep.

Post by Dechucka
investigation of the source of SARS-Cov-19. The Chinese are using
tariffs on a product they can get elsewhere but will effect Australian
farmers deeply.
Yep. Pricks.
Post by Dechucka
May I suggest exports tarrifs on iron ore and coal from Australia to
China as these are products THEY need.
Yep. And on items like LPG too.

Yep.
Andrew Forrest, True Aussie Patriot
Well said.
Dechucka
2020-05-18 07:00:14 UTC
Post by Dechucka
This seems to be totally political because of SloMos push for an
investigation of the source of SARS-Cov-19. The Chinese are using
tariffs on a product they can get elsewhere but will effect
Australian farmers deeply.
May I suggest exports tarrifs on iron ore and coal from Australia to
China as these are products THEY need. At some time you need to stand
up to the bullies, our economy is stuffed at the moment so we should
take short term pain.
Well said.
Iron ore is now $90/tonnes because China needs it for steel. Time for
SloMo to act in a way to benefit Australia and not his LNP mates. Wack
an export tariff on iron ore, bauxite and energy sources to pay the
farmers for any losses. Of course add a few percent to get our shit
economy back to 'stagger level' as it was before the bush-fires,
SARS-Cov 19 etc

Will the LNP government do anything?
Andrew Forrest, True Aussie Patriot
2020-05-18 08:46:17 UTC
On Mon, 18 May 2020 17:00:14 +1000
Wack > an export tariff on iron ore, bauxite and energy sources
Err .. it's already there. Taxation.
Dechucka

Taxation? Depending on what you mean by that increase it on those exports.
b***@topmail.co.nz
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Dechucka
2020-05-18 21:08:41 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dechucka
Iron ore is now $90/tonnes because China needs it for steel. Time for
SloMo to act in a way to benefit Australia and not his LNP mates. Wack
an export tariff on iron ore, bauxite and energy sources to pay the
farmers for any losses. Of course add a few percent to get our shit
economy back to 'stagger level' as it was before the bush-fires,
SARS-Cov 19 etc
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Totally irrelevant. Chinese demand is going up as they need to stimulate
their economy.
Fran
2020-05-19 03:28:45 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dechucka
Iron ore is now $90/tonnes because China needs it for steel. Time for
SloMo to act in a way to benefit Australia and not his LNP mates. Wack
an export tariff on iron ore, bauxite and energy sources to pay the
farmers for any losses. Of course add a few percent to get our shit
economy back to 'stagger level' as it was before the bush-fires,
SARS-Cov 19 etc
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Totally irrelevant. Chinese demand is going up as they need to stimulate
their economy.
Actually I don't think that comment about Brazil is totally irrelevant.
IF (and that is a very big 'if') the LNP want to do anything about iron
ore to China, then the time to do that is when there is limited ore
available from other potential suppliers.
Dechucka
2020-05-19 05:41:29 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dechucka
Iron ore is now $90/tonnes because China needs it for steel. Time for
SloMo to act in a way to benefit Australia and not his LNP mates. Wack
an export tariff on iron ore, bauxite and energy sources to pay the
farmers for any losses. Of course add a few percent to get our shit
economy back to 'stagger level' as it was before the bush-fires,
SARS-Cov 19 etc
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Totally irrelevant. Chinese demand is going up as they need to
stimulate their economy.
Actually I don't think that comment about Brazil is totally irrelevant.
If Brazil iron ore mining tanks that is obviously beneficial to our
onshore mining (but not BHP). The main reason however for the increased
iron ore price is increased demand from China because the are
stimulating their economy with infrastructure programs.
Post by Fran
IF (and that is a very big 'if')
They won't upset twiggy et al
Fran
2020-05-20 00:49:48 UTC
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Post by Dechucka
[...]
IMO, price of ore is irrelevant if we are talking about tariffs. Do we
have a tariff on ore? I doubt it. Will we apply one?: also doubt that
will ever happen. Would now be a good time to think about it as the
world is turning more protectionist and the Chinese are trying to punish
us?: yes. Would we benefit for Brazil's supplies of ore tanking?: yes
(regardless of whether we use ore tariff's/pricing as a weapon against
China).
IF (and that is a very big 'if')
They won't upset twiggy et al
Agreed.

Andrew Forrest, True Aussie Patriot
2020-05-19 06:10:12 UTC
On Tue, 19 May 2020 07:08:41 +1000
Post by Dechucka
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Totally irrelevant. Chinese demand is going up as they need to
stimulate their economy.
How is that reply irrelevant?

China want iron ore.
Brazil can't supply.
Australia can.
Law of supply and demand.

Not irrelevant at all.
Dechucka
2020-05-19 06:37:50 UTC
Post by Dechucka
Post by b***@topmail.co.nz
Iron ore price will probably go higher as COVID-19 buggers up miners in Brazil.
Totally irrelevant. Chinese demand is going up as they need to
stimulate their economy.
How is that reply irrelevant?
China want iron ore.
Brazil can't supply.