e cigarettes
Add Reply
Apollyon
2020-06-26 19:42:47 UTC
What's the fuss about these?

Not a smoker myself, (and personally can't stand the filthy habit), but
why is the government banning imports of vaping products (deferred for
6 months), when full blown cigarettes are available over the counter,
and can be imported as well in your luggage (up to 50 duty free).

Pressure from the tobacco lobby?
news18
2020-06-26 23:42:48 UTC
Post by Apollyon
What's the fuss about these?
Not a smoker myself, (and personally can't stand the filthy habit), but
why is the government banning imports of vaping products (deferred for 6
months),
None of the 'products' are health checked and some are very toxic.
Some evidence hat one particular favour had some very bad 'side effects.
Vaping and smoking are rather stupid as your lungs are an easy infection
path'
Yep. If vaping is made legal, they'll be back in business.
Ereshkigal
2020-06-27 00:02:29 UTC
nymthieving troll from individual.net
Post by Apollyon
What's the fuss
Yep. If vaping is made legal, they'll be back in business.
Well there is a health ruining large corporate industry out their that
needs a new profitable business model.

However nothing has really changed, smoking is bloody bad for one's
health while bloody good for those who sell that stuff.
And I say that fully qualified as an ex smoker.

*From E-Cigs to Tobacco: Here’s How Nicotine Affects the Body*
Source <https://www.healthline.com/health-news/heres-how-nicotine-affects-
the-body>

"From affecting the brains of teens to high blood pressure, here’s what
you need to know.
E-cigarette vaping devices, those nicotine-rich cigarette alternatives,
may not be as safe as once believed. This is especially so for the
market’s fastest growing population: teenagers.

The U.S. surgeon general reports nicotine itself is risky to use for both
pregnant populations as well as adolescents who have developing brains.
Because of the increasing use of these nicotine-filled electronic
devices, research is growing to show the long-term effects in adults.

Although nicotine replacement therapies like gum and lozenges have fewer
negative effects compared to traditional cigarette smoking, there’s still
a concern in people with cardiovascular disease."

*******
IMPORTANT REMINDER:

This current nym I use here will be abandoned by the time many in this ng
read this message.
Regrettably beyond *5 pm on 27 June 2020* any further use of it is just a
lame forgery posted by the nymthieving LNP propagandist from
individual.net.
*Please killfile this nym after its expiry, just like all my previous nyms
as well as the individual.net server unless your limitless desire is to
read lame forgeries by an idiotic troll pretending to be me.*
********
Ördög - the one and only newsgroup Devil
Fran
2020-06-26 23:55:11 UTC
Post by Apollyon
What's the fuss about these?
Not a smoker myself, (and personally can't stand the filthy habit), but
why is the government banning imports of vaping products (deferred for
6 months), when full blown cigarettes are available over the counter,
and can be imported as well in your luggage (up to 50 duty free).
Pressure from the tobacco lobby?
Haven't paid the issue any attention but I have read quite a few reports
coming out of the US of really really dire health issues form vaping -
far worse than from normal cigarettes so that could be what's brought it
on? Cigarettes had dire health outcomes but those outcomes usually took
decades to develop whereas with vaping it was under a decades before the
issues arised.
Ereshkigal
2020-06-27 00:19:33 UTC
snip its forgery
Post by Fran
Haven't paid the issue any attention but I have read quite a few reports
coming out of the US of really really dire health issues form vaping -
far worse than from normal cigarettes so that could be what's brought it
on? Cigarettes had dire health outcomes but those outcomes usually took
decades to develop whereas with vaping it was under a decades before the
issues arised.
I have already addressed this issue responding to news18 elsewhere in the
thread.

Traditional smoking meant the consumption of cancer causing carcinogens
plus all the nasty health effects of nicotine. Vaping only removes the
carcinogens, not the the nicotine.

See:

Trevor Wilson
2020-06-27 22:41:48 UTC
Post by Apollyon
What's the fuss about these?
**Nicotine is a dangerous poison. Many of the chemicals in those
products are unregulated and the effects are not well understood.
Post by Apollyon
Not a smoker myself, (and personally can't stand the filthy habit), but
why is the government banning imports of vaping products (deferred for
6 months), when full blown cigarettes are available over the counter,
and can be imported as well in your luggage (up to 50 duty free).
**Think of it this way:

If tobacco products were launched today, they would be banned in almost
every civilised nation. They are far too dangerous and cost the medical
system huge chunks of money.
Post by Apollyon
Pressure from the tobacco lobby?
**Follow the money. The tobacco companies have been buying up vaping
companies:

https://www.opensecrets.org/news/issues/e-cigarettes
--
Trevor Wilson