OT: Austrian election result
Add Reply
Ozix
2024-09-30 21:13:33 UTC
So the far-right Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs got the most votes.
Intersting to see the breakdown of votes. They did very well in the
35-60 age bracket. The oldies continued voting for the traditional major
parties. Also comparing with previous election, they took many votes off
the centre-right Österreichische Volkspartei, but also got many votes
from people that did not vote 5 years ago. Surprisingly, some voters
switched from the centre-left Sozialdemokratische Partei Österreichs.
Ördög
2024-09-30 21:26:05 UTC
Post by Ozix
So the far-right Freiheitliche Partei Österreichs got the most votes.
Intersting to see the breakdown of votes. They did very well in the
35-60 age bracket. The oldies continued voting for the traditional major
parties. Also comparing with previous election, they took many votes off
the centre-right Österreichische Volkspartei, but also got many votes
from people that did not vote 5 years ago. Surprisingly, some voters
switched from the centre-left Sozialdemokratische Partei Österreichs.
Indeed very bed news.

Yeah. Not a good news for Austria. These creeps are
closet-racist/closet-neo-Nazi hard-right scumbags. There is absolutely
nothing *Freiheitlich* (Freiheit=Freedom) about them just as nothing
really "Liberal" about our Lie-beral party.

But it seems we live in an age of dumbed down rightwing populism until
people finally wake up and realise what a society wide misery such
politics and politicians create.
--
Ördög
The on duty Newsgroup Devil
Janithor
2024-09-30 22:30:54 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Ördög
Post by Ozix
[...]
Maybe because they don't want your dumbed down leftwing populism crammed
down their throats and see their freedoms destroyed by Marxists?  Maybe
it's that.
Rod Speed
2024-09-30 23:54:21 UTC
Post by Janithor
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Ördög
So the far-right Freiheitliche Partei =D6sterreichs got the most vot=
es. =
=
Post by Janithor
Post by Ördög
35-60 age bracket. The oldies continued voting for the traditional =
major parties. Also comparing with previous election, they took many=
=
Post by Janithor
Post by Ördög
votes off the centre-right =D6sterreichische Volkspartei, but also g=
ot =
Post by Janithor
Post by Ördög
some voters switched from the centre-left Sozialdemokratische Partei=
=
Post by Janithor
Post by Ördög
=D6sterreichs.
Indeed very bed news.
Yeah. Not a good news for Austria. These creeps are =
closet-racist/closet-neo-Nazi hard-right scumbags. There is absolutel=
y =
Post by Janithor
Post by Ördög
nothing *Freiheitlich* (Freiheit=3DFreedom) about them just as nothin=
g =
Post by Janithor
down their throats and see their freedoms destroyed by Marxists? Mayb=
e =
Post by Janithor
it's that.
Nope, its about immigrants and sanctions against Russia.
Janithor
2024-10-01 00:05:23 UTC
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Rod Speed
Post by Janithor
x-no-archive: yes
Post by Ördög
Post by Ozix
[...]
I just like zinging Ordog.

Rod Speed
2024-09-30 23:52:43 UTC
So the far-right Freiheitliche Partei =D6sterreichs got the most votes=
.

But given that its only 30% of the votes and no one that matters
is interested in forming a govt with them, rather academic.
Intersting to see the breakdown of votes.
No way to know that with a secret ballot.
They did very well in the 35-60 age bracket.
The oldies continued voting for the traditional major parties.
It is one of the major partys.
Also comparing with previous election, they took many votes off the =
centre-right =D6sterreichische Volkspartei, but also got many votes fr=
om =
people that did not vote 5 years ago.
Which isnt surprising given that the change is mostly
about immigrants and sanctions against Russia.
Surprisingly, some voters switched from the centre-left =
Sozialdemokratische Partei =D6sterreichs.
Not surprising either given that change is mostly
about immigrants and sanctions against Russia.