One way to catch up!!
Daniel65
2021-10-21 10:04:17 UTC
Some here might recall that, as well as reading the recent posts, I had
been trying to work my way through over 100,000 old posts dating back to
about 2012.

Last night, when I came on to this group on my Eternal-September UseNet
account, my SeaMonkey Internet Suite (think Firefox and Thunderbird
plus) Mail & Newsgroups function wanted to create a new index for this
group so download the 750,000 or so message headers .... and then marked
them all as 'Read', so, tonight, I only have five unread messages out of
ten new posts!

Of course, I could delete this group and then re-re-download all the
headers and start all over again .... but who could be buggered?? ;-P

Fortunately the Message Filters I had in place for this group still work.

So, unless you guys get posting a hell of a lot more good stuff ....
what am I gunna do with my self?? ;-P
Daniel
*Ördög*
2021-10-21 19:20:19 UTC
Post by Daniel65
[...]
Usenet is a dying hobby.
There are already generations grown up w/o ever having heard of it.
Only some pre-Facebook/Twitter oldies like us who still engage with it
and sadly many of those are just stupid unreadable trolls.

I recommend you urgently look for some other hobbies to fill in the void
Usenet's decline left in your life. :P

--
Ördög - 👹️ - The newsgroup Devil at your service.