a quote for seppo troll Janitor
Add Reply
Nomen Nescio
2024-10-08 00:56:15 UTC
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' Isaac Asimov
bertietaylor
Democracy guarantees that rule of inferiors.
bertietaylor
Democracy guarantees the rule of inferiors.
max headroom
2024-10-09 14:01:44 UTC
Post by bertietaylor
Post by Nomen Nescio
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as
your knowledge.' Isaac Asimov
Democracy guarantees the rule of inferiors.
That's one reason America's Founding Fathers rejected democracy and chose a
republic.
Petzl
2024-10-10 00:18:00 UTC
On Wed, 9 Oct 2024 07:01:44 -0700, "max headroom"
Post by max headroom
Post by bertietaylor
Post by Nomen Nescio
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as
your knowledge.' Isaac Asimov
Democracy guarantees the rule of inferiors.
That's one reason America's Founding Fathers rejected democracy and chose a
republic.
Seems it is now like the Fall of Rome
With the takeover by a barbarian soldier on
The Forth of September, In the year of our Lord
Four hundred and seventy six.
--
Petzl
What perfect set of circumstances placed our Sun a

If gravity was slightly more powerful
the universe would collapse into a bowl!
If gravity was less powerful the universe would fly apart,
there would be no stars no planets!

Gravity is precisely as strong as it needs to be!
If the ratio of the electromagnetic force to the
strong force wasn't 1% life wouldn't exist!
bertietaylor
2024-10-10 03:57:39 UTC
Post by max headroom
Post by bertietaylor
Post by Nomen Nescio
There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always
been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread
winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the
false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as
your knowledge.' Isaac Asimov
Democracy guarantees the rule of inferiors.
That's one reason America's Founding Fathers rejected democracy and chose a
republic.
Seems it is now like the Fall of Rome
With the takeover by a barbarian soldier on
The Forth of September, In the year of our Lord
Four hundred and seventy six.
All the accepted physics constants are derived from careful experiments
done by keen and honest scientists. They show the design of the universe
up to a point. There is no question thus of any constant being anything
else!